Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schlitters, Austria - Has anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Well in Feb I'll be staying in Schlitters for 7 days of skiing. I was wondering if anyone had been and what it's like as a resort and what to expect etc.

Ta, Si
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed there one weekend ... it's not an actual ski resort but a village at the entrance to the Ziller Tal which has quite a few resorts in it like Zell am Ziller and Hoch Fugen. Actually, I suppose there might be a couple of lifts there but I didn't notice them. You can bus/train it up and down the valley between the resorts but it's easier if you've got a car.

Zell's worth 2-3 days and the other small ones probably one each and then Mayrhofen's at the far end of the valley which has a good amount of skiing. The Hintertux glacier's 30-40 mins up past Mayrhofen but I wouldn't bother heading up there unless the snow is bad in the valley resorts.

If it's not too late to change your accomodation I'd be inclined to book something a bit further into the valley so you're a bit more central to the various resorts
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been there but definitely had them in Austria Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr.Si, Are you going with Oak Hall? I have been to other places with them (and had a fantastic time each time Very Happy ), but not Schlitters but purposefully looked out for it when I went to Hintertux recently. As RichA says, it is right at the end of the valley and a bit of a trek to the skiing.

If you are going with Oak Hall, they may well possibly lay on a coach and then all of you go to a set place each day – they have done that in other resorts. But they aren’t known for ski in/out accommodation – almost the opposite to be honest (apart from their place in Schladming, which is very nearly that).

They used to go to a place a bit further up the valley in Zell am Ziller, but that doesn’t appear in their brochure now Confused I know a few of their instructors and one used to rave about their place in Zell for the access to great skiing.

If you aren’t going with Oak Hall, this post will mean absolutely nothing to you, so please ignore me Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, Oak Hall it is! Z10 being the ref code. (14th - 23rd Feb) - I am going with some friends from a church in Croydon who were already booked to go.
I believe we're staying in Hotel Cafe Zillertal.

It's a shame it's not ski-in/out - quite different to Val d was in feb this year! (though that wasn't Oak Hall).

Thanks for the information you guys so far, I look forward to hearing more about the place!

Quote:
If it's not too late to change your accomodation I'd be inclined to book something a bit further into the valley so you're a bit more central to the various resorts

RichA, wish I could mate. tis all booked up with the company I'm going with (as ray mentioned, Oak Hall) just must be the way they do things.
Next time, I'll be going with others, and we'll probably do a DIY thing and go to Mayrhofen if we can.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy