Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich Airport to Lech by Train?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done the trek from Zurich Airport to Lech via Swiss Rail?

Was it easy, or a pain in the backside?

I have heard that the trainstop for Lech is a few miles from the resort itself. This means you have to pay extra taxi fees and lug baggage around at the end of the journey.

Is this true?

Is it easier to go by coach, rather than train, from Zurich airport to Lech?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitegold,
Zurich to St Anton is the main line through to Innsbruck and beyond. I imagine you would have to get off at St A and get a cab round
which is more than a few miles. If there is a nearer station, around Stuben, then you would have to check to see if the train stops there.

As transfers go, I wouldn't think St A to Lech is the worst though. Hopefully someone more specific will be along soon
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a station just before Stuben which you can get a post bus connection to Lech can't remember the name of the station about 20 minutes onto Lech I think. Alternatively at weekends there are coaches that run directly to Lech from Zurich airport called the Arlberg express they also run to St Anton. The Lech website will fill you in on both options.

PS In Lech itself there is a fairly inexpensive shared taxi service called 'James' that runs in the evenings.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do a web search on Arlberg Express. When we went to Lech, we went by bus directly from the Zurich airport to Lech (also goes to Zuers and St. Anton). Very convenient.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All the travel information is on the Lech Zuers website at http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585614/_subArea/585704/_inc/anreise/index.html

There are buses and trains from Zurich airport. For trains, get off at Langen and connect with a bus or taxi.

More info on the Austrian railways site www.oebb.at
- type in fromvon: Zurich Flughafen & to/vor: Lech and you see the train option.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try the Swiss railway cause the have quite a good link from Zurich to St Anton www.sbb.ch/en/[/url]
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a station in St Anton - as you now know.
It's not far at all from St. Anton to Lech - maybe 30 mins on the bus?
We were using the bus regularly to get between St Anton and Lech in Jan because I really liked the skiing in Zurs. True, on the way there, we'd tend to ski St Anton to Stuben and grab the free bus on to Zurs but at the end of the day we'd always stop for a drink in Lech and jump on the bus back to St Anton. Very easy journey - in the day time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, people. Very useful.

Based on your responses, plus my Web research, it looks like Langen is the nearest train station. Then it is a 15km ride to Lech by taxi or perhaps bus.

However, it appears coach travel may be easier and cheaper. No need to change en route, and it goes directly into the heart of Lech.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold, my brother and sister-in-law picked up a fast coach at Zurich that went straight to Lech - I would research this if I were you. Sorry don't know which company but probably the airport's website will give you some ideas.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or you can take a helicopter for the low price of only €2480. Shocked
http://www.ultimate-ski.com/uk/Ski_Resorts/Austria/Lech-Zurs/getting_there/index.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's a link to the Arlberg Express if anyone is interested. www.arlbergexpress.com/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All, thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy