Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes hotels

Poster: A snowHead
has anyone stayed at either L'Arbina or Les Campanules hotel in Tignes? Comments on room sizes, bathrooms, food, service and proximity to lifts etc much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be interested in hearing experiences too as I'm booked into Les Campanules in two weeks time Very Happy . Called by last week on our way home and it looked very nice, it's located very near the Aeroski and Rosset lifts so convenience looks good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AxsMan, be really interested to know what you think of Campanules after your trip - the L'Arbina is directly in front of it I think
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
buttery, Happy to comment, once I've seen it from the inside. When are you going?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed there a few years back, it was really good and there was a lovely hot tub with a great view. Also you are close to the Alpaka which has a really nice bar.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's about 10 years since I stayed at the Arbina but I believe it's still run by several generations of the same old Tignard family (please correct me anyone who knows better). The rooms are not large but are adequate for sleeping in, the restaurant had a good reputation when I was there but if you go a la carte watch the wine prices wink Half-board was a reasonable deal. You couldn't be much closer to the lifts unless you stay in the Refuge (next door over the road).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
le Levanna is very well placed and pretty comfortable. Has a genuine "ski in" off Trolles but a short uphill walk in the mornng to the Aeroski. Rooms are clean and we had a bacony facing over Trolles in April. Very nice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone got anything bad to say about the curling? seens a pretty good offer for there that I'm seriously considering
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, can't comment on the curling. I've never curled. Skiing is great tho! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Good location in Val Claret, very close to the nearest piste and lift; nice bar in the hotel; rooms are reasonably spacious but a bit 'tired looking'; unlimited hot water; some people said their rooms were cold, but I thought mine was a bit too hot. The food was good, although the service was very poor (the food took ages to get served - might have been because the staff hadn't sorted out their systems yet and it was the first week of the season when they were full).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, I've been to the Curling twice with family so it can't be too bad. I would echo the comments about some rooms being cold. Ours (on the third floor, I think) faced towards the Tovière piste and when the wind came from that direction, it got perishingly cold. The meals were a bit regimented with everyone having to eat at the same time but, overall, the hotel was fine and the location is difficult to beat.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AxsMan andbuttery, we stayed in the Les Campanules last April. Reasonably located, comfortable rooms, nice pool (small but large enough) and very good food with great service. Back path down to the lifts a bit treacherous but we left our skis at the hire shop below so no problem with that. At the same time my brother stayed stayed in the Arbina. Rooms were smaller but adequate for those out all day. Wellness facilities not as good, but food very good with the option to spend more than the daily allowance if your budget can stretch. Overall, value wise, the Arbina is probably better for those out and about and has the prime spot for lunching outside if weather permits. If budget is not an issue and there are non skiers in the party, I think that Les Campanules would be the best bet out of the two.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin Bell, Thanks for that. I had heard good reports of the food at Les Campanules and that the wine list was pretty good too?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Axs

Stayed in Les Campanules in March - report here . I thought the wine list was pretty reasonable. Some nice Cru B clarets, and good fizz - Billecart Salmon by the glass in the bar was always welcome Happy . Wine prices were pretty reasonable ( as you would expect in a french restaurant) .

Steve
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevepick, Excellent review, sounds like you had a great time and I'm certainly glad that's where we've booked. snowHead
snow conditions
Colin Bell, thanks for the info - think perhaps might go for L'Arbina as food sounds really good and we tend to spend most of the day on the slopes - does your brother recall if bathrooms ok there?[
snow conditions
AxsMan, planning to go week beginning 24th March - not so cold then but still lots of snow? hope you have a good time...... Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy