Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having asked for advice on Italian ski resorts, I am extremely tempted by Madonna di Campiglio in March. Do any Snowheads have any comments on this resort?

Thanks wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some friends of mine had an excellent long weekend there last season, snowboarding. Best I can do.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beverley, yes my ex had an apartment there. Tres nice. Lots of posh Italians being posh and trendy. If you see my ex- feel free to ski into him, he'll be the one in the cafe, smoking and posing Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee, Will do my best if we get there and will send your regards!

We loved Lech last year and thought that this place sounded the Italian version. It seems more geared up for intermediate level, but it does appear to have some blacks to give the men something to do.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beverley, I've been there twice, once in March, the other in early April. If you like cruisy intermediate skiing then you will have a ball. Not much in the way of difficult stuff apart from a lethal black called Spinale - once sat in the main square enjoying my apres bombardino watching everyone tumble down it! The rest of the blacks in the area would be rated red anywhere else (as I've done them!!)

It's definitely the Italian equivalent of Lech as far as the fur coat count is concerned - everyone goes out for a passagiata with their pooch at about 5. But the apres is limited - it's pretty quiet after about 7.

Another good aspect to Madonna is that it's linked to two other smaller resorts, Marileva and Folgarida which are fun to ski to for a day. Marileva has from memory the more challenging skiing.

We've stayed at the *** Diana - very nice with good food, lovely family that own it - accommodation good but basic italian style, would certainly recommend that. Also the *** Milano just off the main square - similar but food not quite so good. Both convenient for lifts. The **** Golf was recommended to me in the past - virtually ski in/out but out of town so no apres possibilities unless you've got a car.

Best mountain huts in my opinion are the Casina Zeledria, where you get a lift back to the pistes by snowcat, and the Rifugio up at Groste.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been there twice in January.

Had good snow both times. Very pleasant skiing in stunning scenery. Good lift system as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy