Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this the week when it all starts?

Poster: A snowHead
The forecast was showing a very healthy 22cm down to 1840m in Sestriere this Wednesday and then a few cm's for the rest of the week. Now, it is saying 45cm down to 1840cm on Wednesday and a further 26cm on Saturday!!!!! Very Happy snowHead

I will be happy if even half of that falls. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have come across this weather website and the detail is amazing

http://pages.unibas.ch/geo/mcr/3d/meteo/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CrowJersey, that's Meteoblue. Well known and appreciated on here.

Erm... I know it upsets some of you to hear it, but the charts this morning are awful for the half-predictable future apart from two spells... Into Weds & early Thursday is cold and there'll be some snow around... unfortunately another low pressure system sweeps through the southern part of Europe into Thursday and brings more warm temps up from the South... However, behind THAT low pressure is a wave of colder air and into Sat, Sun & Mon is looking colder... The bad news is that the stupid blooming zonality then returns which puts warm air right back over the region. Next week is going to be almost as warm as it is now, if these GFS charts play through as it shows.

This pattern looks set to stay with us for a while, I'm sorry to say. Currently look WAY into FI (Fantasy Island - way too far in the future to be reliable) for any crumbs of comfort when it appears to be breaking down around the 19th/20th Dec.

As has been said many times before on here though, GFS isn't always the most reliable and certainly not when it gets any distance into the future. I'm hoping this is just a bad hair day for the charts and it'll turn around in the next few days. However, I think the warm temps after this weekend are looking like a nailed on cert with the charts being in as much agreement as they currently are.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carled-You can say i told you so now

i have seen the temps are due for that sharp rise from next Monday

Well i away for christmas to Grand Massif and i hope winter sorts itself out by then

i shall keep a eye out for you forecasts
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha! I'm no forecaster, I just have spent so many years watching GFS charts for winter holidays that I've started to get a feel for what they're showing/predicting. There are people WAY better on here than I am at interpreting/forecasting, I have no illusions of grandeur whatsoever! I'm feeling quietly confident that something is on its way. Not until shortly before Christmas I don't think, but change is afoot...
latest report
 brian
brian
carled, ensemble spaghetti after the 12th, so could go anywhere, but the mean is below average from the 10th December right through the run (00z).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, not on the chart I'm looking at, it ain't. http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Genf_ens.png
ski holidays
 brian
brian
carled, ok, I was on http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_846_ens.png

but even on the Geneva chart, the mean oscillates around the average, you couldn't call that graph consistently warm or cold, it's well, average Confused
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SNOWING IN ARINSAL- THANK GOD!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well CrowJersey, I hope this cheers you up
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian,
Quote:
you couldn't call that graph consistently warm or cold, it's well, average

I know... like I said, I'm no forecaster, I just have gut feelings based on how the charts look! As a "cold lover", I tend to look on the bleaker (warmer!) side where possible to minimize disappointment. I jut look at the chart progression over the past few days and, in my (admittedly often useless) opinion it looks like it'll be getting warm again early next week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
driving out thursday to Mottaret for 10 days Very Happy Very Happy and i keep hearing that VT is goin to get hammered with snow this week. Bring it on!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret,
Quote:
and i keep hearing that VT is goin to get hammered with snow this week

er... where are you hearing this from?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it raining in La Rosiere. Looks bloody awful. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Well CrowJersey, I hope this cheers you up

Im always cheered up gr8 picture thanks

But will it last!! the suspension is killing me Laughing
snow conditions
carled wrote:
brian, not on the chart I'm looking at, it ain't. http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Genf_ens.png

Liking the chart 21st Dec onwards then, here's hoping
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Well it raining in La Rosiere. Looks bloody awful. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
boredsurfin, boredsurfin, No need to emphasise the point wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, that'll be the unique micro-climate wink Laughing

Seriously, the snowline should drop as the front moves through.
snow report
Droping in Switzerland NOW

http://www.swisspanorama.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its all white now. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
Dump-arama! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone, I genuinely hope you have great conditions when you are there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy