Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste boarding where's best in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any ideas about where is best to find long off piste runs for boarders. I love making big fast turns. Trouble is you end up at the bottom to quickly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamonix is the best for this - the Vallee Blanche off piste is 17 km though the last bit is a slog for boarders as it's flat. Flegere and the Grand Montets there have great off-piste too.
You should always take a guide though, as the dangers can be major.

The other place that gets recommended a lot is La Grave though I haven't been there, and St Foy in the Tarentaise, which is supposed to be superb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go for Cham as the prime spot in France as well. If your in the right place when it dumps then that's where's best, some of my best runs were in Risoul. Why are you limiting y'self to France though?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i've heard the valley blanche is a little bit disapointing. But that is hearsay from two people, i'm never likely to find out as i hate cham, my worst resort (but that is a personal thing)

go la grave, totally awsome, they only actually have 2 pistes! i still haven't braved it but inted to this year
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cham' sucks, stay away. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yeh in my experience it did! it was the worst holiday i've ever been on. The snow was terrible the resort was full of idiots that were so far up their own backsides i'm surprised they could actually get on piste! And when you did get on piste you spent 3/4 of the time in lift queues that were again the worst lift queues i've been in in europe!

you can keep the place mate seriously! i'd rather go somowhere a little less up its own backside

anyway its all imatereal as i'm never going on a winter holiday again!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel., It gets to me too sometimes, but most of the time i'm so far up my own backside i just don't care.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you can have a bad experience anywhere though, and if you happen to hit a place when the snow's bad, it rarely shows itself in its best light.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't recommed the Vallee Blanche for boarding - it can be very narrow in places, there can be quite a bit of waiting around as the groups negotiate crevasses, and there is a long flat section at the end.
I've ridden most of the Three Valleys (usually based at Courch 1650), and there's plenty around there.... of course, if you're having to ask 'where to ride off piste' then I presume you're not prepared / geared up for actually hucking up to go into the backcountry.
If you do end up in TV, try the couloirs off the big cable car (can't remember the name now).... they might not be long, or wide... actually, you probably won't enjoy them.....

h.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Keep it real and go to the Paradiski. Stay in Peisey (i went with seventy3chalets last year and am going again in Jan- top nosh) right in the middle of les arcs and la plagne, then you can check out both resorts, each with its phenomenal offpiste.

les arcs - hike the grive to warm up them legs, superb descent. Then get up the grandcol and hike off to hit the crete de lanchette. If ya still alive go off the back of the auguille rouge down to villaroger - make sure you've got ya chicken pass or go with someone who has.

La plagne - Get up to the Bellecote glacier and hit the col du friolin or the 2000m descent face du nord on the bellecote, you might have to go back to the chalet to change your pants and have acuppa after that.

Im tellin ya, les arcs / la plagne has got everything and its also pretty quiet compared to the shredders of cham and tramps in espace killy / 3 vallies. Stay in Peisey so its not too far to each area.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
France - le Grave - HIRE A GUIDE!!!
Italy - Alagna - Get a shovel Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy