Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it that time yet?

Poster: A snowHead
Well?

Hi everyone - how are you all? what's the news? Smile

I've just returned from a very warm visit to Oz, so I guess that's summer properly over for me now, I can get round to thinking about snooooooo....

What's everyone up to this season?

A
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another season riding on the westcoast over here for me. Went riding on opening day (thurs) at heavenly, which was the first day of a traditional 4 day holiday. My pass is blacked out till Sunday. Was gonna hike for some turns today but my legs are still super sore after a 30,000ft first day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a job I've commited to now, boring, but I have a couple of weeks off in February to get out to Meribel and a couple of other places. I was very tempted to quit and go do another season, maybe next year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey, Honda Kitty, good to see you back! Very Happy Arabba in February and Val Thorens at Easter for me...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm looking at La Plagne end Jan - getting very excited now Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Morzine in Feburary and Selva in March for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did a little hike after work today.right from the road up it was mid-calf to crotch deep drifts on top of a foot of corn. Got to ride the split for the first time today. We will be going off next storm
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Honda Kitty, helllooo there snowHead Nothing booked as of yet. I've thought about Whistler a couple of times but the costs kept on adding up which I couldn't really justify for a week away. I'm now waiting until the last minute (to see what the Snow Gods decide to do in Europe) and will be hopefully heading out on the 16th of December. Should be a good one - birthday, Chrimbo and post-PhD submission treat. Will be away again in January (assuming the viva goes OK) for PhD celebration proper and again in March/early April...Should be a good season!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got La Plagne confirmed now - something nice to look forward to!!

My 'team' are planning a religious fancy dress day (Nuns, Bishops, Monks) etc etc - can't wait!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 28-11-06 21:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Honda Kitty, Good to see you back. I can say on what fun is planned for the season wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hitting the slopes of South Korea all season for me kitty. My job's out here so I'll be goin as often as I can afford the time^^ snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very Happy

As well as La Plagne, I will be scouring the last minute deals in Feb as my son wants a week boarding for his 18th birthday pressie.... really want to get to the USA or Canada again.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice to see you back Ms Kitty.
Seven of us are off to Saalbach in early March. It seems bloody ages away. Just glad to be going though. With the new-ish arrival of the twins I didn't expect to see the Alps for a couple of years. Luckilly, Grandma has come to the rescue and the liitl'uns will be 10 months by then so .......off we go! Very Happy Very Happy
As for the US or Canada. Lake Louise / Banff is top notch! Where d'you go before?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richie, Hello! all going well with the Richie-lings? get 'em into ski school this season then. Smile

I went to Banff & Lake Louise in Feb/March this year - hard to beat! but I will look at the late deals when I return from La Plagne. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
carnage this season

15th dec - hintertux

Jan - not confirmed but looking at solden

March (5 weeks) - Serre Cheval

cheeky weekend end of april/may to 3 valleys
ski holidays
Looking forward to my first ever time boarding. Got a week in La Plagne booked from Jan 6th with the missus and a few mates... just waiting for my kit to arrive and then it'll be nights spent boarding down the stairs in readiness!!!!

Oh, it's gonna be ace!
latest report
Specialman, enjoy.
ski holidays
Sandy77uk, why not make that a cheeky week at the end of April and join up with about 100 other snowHeads in Val Thorens? Follow this link for the EoSB snowHead
snow report
Swirly, well looking forward to it Smile

Might even try to squeeze another trip in before the end of the season if i like it that much... I'm sure I will! is the EoSB open to anyone or just those who've perfected the act of balancing?
ski holidays
Honda Kitty, I've just seen a very bad taste religious fancy dress outfit picture. A little adult in theme though Twisted Evil Let me know if you want it mailed.

On hte trip front, there are 15 of us heading to Les Arcs for the first week in Feb, should have another trip there with a few friends in early April, the good old EOSB of course, and maybe a little ice trip to La Grave in March if I can get enough people interested.
ski holidays
Scarpa, Thanks petal, but that's not the Jedi I am looking for.....

Does anyone go to 'Snowbombing'? what's it like?

I have a mate DJ'ing out there again this year, but I fear it might be a bit 11-teen for me....
latest report
Specialman wrote:
is the EoSB open to anyone or just those who've perfected the act of balancing?

Absolutely everyone. I had a mere week's experience when I went last year. I learnt a lot. More quality instruction will be available this year. I have personal experience of Euan's tutelage, know several people who will vouch for easiski (I am considering a holiday in her backyard to try it myself), and ssh also comes highly recommended (and a long way!)
latest report
Ahhhh! Might have to convince the misssus to go on the old bread and water diet to save some cash (of course I'll be drinking the finest wines and easting oysters at every meal!!) so we can maybe join in the fun!

I'll se how my first week goes in La Plagne though but I reckon I might be convinced.

Planning oin going to Snowbombing too - I think that's a week or two before the EoSB! looks like the gas bill/council tax bill may be getting delayed!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Specialman, Post up your thoughts on La Plagne - I'm there end Jan

I really want to find out what Snowbombing is like before booking anything (and use the force Wink) it seems a bit 'young' for an old duffer like me Smile
ski holidays
Honda Kitty, will do.

A mate who's been to a couple of Snowbombing events says it's great fun but it's really tiring, if you're a full-on party animal that is!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy