Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

who's skied the worlds highest ski lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I skied Chacaltaya in 1989 with the then Bolivian Olympic Team. Consisting of only one person. Being of female persuasion I believe I may be the only American women to have done so. Are there any other women, American or other nationality that have skied there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doglover32, welcome to snowHeads.

I've skied the highest lift in Europe (Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix - unless someone corrects me) but not S. America.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman, nope, the glacier at Zermatt is the highest in Europe from what I can remember. Been up the Aiguille Du Midi, but not skiied from it. Have skiied off the Kleine Matterhorn one in Zermatt tho.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc, fast forward five weeks and I'll have done that too. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, and if the weather carries on as is, it'll be the only lift I ski!

I'm an optimist though! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman, I believe Zermatt is higher. The Klein Matterhorn (Gobba di Rollin) is at 3899m (12,830ft).

The Aguille du Midi cable car rises to 3842m

Sources:
http://www.ski-zermatt.com/zermatt.html
http://www.mbchx.com/eng%20about%20chamonix.htm
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, I'm going to Zermatt on the 23rd December. Snow forecast is getting more hits than it's ever known Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charlatanefc, I love their mouse-over webcam map. It's been bookmarked for a while now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
doglover32, welcome to snowheads. Clearly this discussion has left you behind. Perhaps tomorrow someone will clock in who has skied it (it is after midnight here) but meanwhile why not tell us more about it. Have you got any photos?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman, that webcam map IS cool......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball,
Quote:

Have you got any photos?

Of the skiing, NOT the dog loving !! Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball wrote:
doglover32, welcome to snowheads. Clearly this discussion has left you behind. Perhaps tomorrow someone will clock in who has skied it (it is after midnight here) but meanwhile why not tell us more about it. Have you got any photos?

Sorry it took me so long to respond I and yes I did forget the6hr difference. About the discussion leaving me behind I happend on this site just randamly and it was a few days before I became a member . I tried to find the link to the topic and had no luck so I sent a email to Gram and he gave me a one topic but it was not it and we looked through pages and pages. So the answer to your question is yes I do have some pictures but as anyone knows that has skied it when you leave the lodge( such as it is ) you traverse on to the back of the mountain and ski down the hill. I have pictures or us in the so called lodge and in the and going in. I also have one picture of the road going to the top . If the drive did not kill you trying to hook the line to the tow to get up will. You ski from the top down.When you get there they give you a piece of wood about 2 ft long and maybe 8 inches wide with a rope through the middle of it the roap is maybe 6 OR 8 Feet with a hook on the end. So I am looking at this thing and he goes this is your ride up ! You wrap it around your waist on ski with it. Now I have bin skiing for about 20 years at that time and I don't consider my self a really great skier.I can do most anything but I not a extreme skier. MY point I had bin in LaPaz for a month before I did it but it was physicaly hard thing I have ever done and I rock climb all over the states nothing prepared me for this . Skiing down it takes the breath out of you but trying to hook the piece of wood with the rope to the tow line was a killer You have this Hook on the end of your rope and you have to get just wright in order for the hook to take on the tow . Needless to say it took me about 7 time to get it ! Well thats my story but ! there is more and most of it is hilarious and take a long time to tell.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman wrote:
doglover32, welcome to snowHeads.

I've skied the highest lift in Europe (Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix - unless someone corrects me) but not S. America.
Please forgive me for the spelling ang gramer I am stll learning the language. My husband did not proof it before I did the post! Tell me your story!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please forgive me for the gramer and spelling I am stll learning the language. My husband did not proof it before the post. Tell me yur story
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy