Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Much excitement in the PhillipStanton household...

Poster: A snowHead
brian, I can go native on everything except English tea.
snow report
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, I must admit I'm with you there, those abominable excuses for teabags in the yellow boxes are dire to say the least. We always chuck a few proper teabags in with us.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont - English tea is definitely a tradeable currency in Morzine / Les Gets!

brian - I'm with you on the "go native" sentiment. The total extent of our food importing extends to:

- Lloyd Grossman curry sauce (good and quick)
- Carluccio's lemon oil - for which there is no substitute locally
- some unctious balsamic vinegar - because it's too expensive to experiment buying stuff we don't know
- porridge - expensive locally
- some white tea (like Chinese green tea) - expensive locally
- marmite

I must admit that we find most stuff in the local shops to be much better quality than at home - although I've not found a good butchers yet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, how are you finding time to pack Puzzled Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PhillipStanton, make your own lemon oil, easy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont wrote:
PhillipStanton, make your own lemon oil, easy.

I'm happy to give it ago, but my attempt last time was pants.

Any recommendations?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, my recipe is for citrus oil, adn combines lemon, orange and lime. I have however made it just with lemons. I think the secret is in the lemon rind, you need lemons with nice thick skins, as they have more oils in them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont - olive oil, lemon rind, "job done" - or is there somthing I'm missing?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lemon Oil?? Wazzat?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill wrote:
Lemon Oil?? Wazzat?

marc gledhill - think "Jaffa Cake"...

...add olive oil...

...take away the chocolate and bicsuit (sorry, cake) base, which would obviously make things a bit of mess...

You'll needing the flavour, but not jelly element, of the smashing orangey bit either - as the jelly would make things difficult to pour.

Obviously, we're talking lemon oil here, so imagine you started off with a lemon Jaffa Cake in the first place...

Really, I don't understand why I don't work on TV as a telly chef rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

(It's very good for salad dressings!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhillipStanton, mmmm, two things don't add up,

1. I've never heard of a type of foodstuf, yet
2. It's that good you have to take it to France.

Puzzled

Actually this gives rise to a third; haven't the French heard of it either.

However I am comforted slightly - you use Lloyd Grossman curry sauces. Quick, yes - good............. Evil or Very Mad

snowHead wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marc gledhill wrote:
PhillipStanton, mmmm, two things don't add up,

1. I've never heard of a type of foodstuf, yet
2. It's that good you have to take it to France.

Actually this gives rise to a third; haven't the French heard of it either.

I'm sure the French do have it / have heard of it - but they don't sell it in any of our local supermarkets.

Top tip, add a bottle of Pelforth Brune to the Rogan Josh if you're doing lamb. It's important to quality control the Pelforth Brune whilst cooking - you never know when you might have a dodgy bottle.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 4-12-06 13:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton wrote:
Top tip, add a bottle of Pelforth Brune to the Rogan Josh if you're doing lamb.

Now I see where it's all falling down. Add that booze to the chef - makes everything taste better Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill wrote:
Now I see where it's all falling down. Add that booze to the chef - makes everything taste better Laughing

It's often been said that I look better after half a dozen Pelforth Brunes, but I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to apply them to myself or the person looking at me!
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Hi, has your telepeage arrived, my wife just phoned me to say my toy has arrived today. Smile
I hope you have a great season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhillipStanton, ..... I imagine that the appearance of many things change, after half a dozen Pelforth Brunes ... vertical & horizontal planes, to name but two ........ Toofy Grin

....my favourite as well..... Very Happy
snow conditions
gsb, The exciting bit is yet to come and continues, when you download your trip afterwards Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thanks you gsb.

I got a letter this morning - they accept VISA cards. The same VISA card they let me order one with. Puzzled

I'm going to have to pick one up on the way - there's no way that Mrs PhillipStanton will stay awake for the whole trip!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy