Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria and Switzerland stealing the show

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I agree with the comments about Switzerland. I have never been to Bulgaria though.

http://travel.independent.co.uk/europe/article2030521.ece
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We'll never hear the last of it from DGOrf rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glynis will be happy too - haven't seen her post for a while though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo,

Switzerland suffers the the misconception of being expensive whereas I think it is value for money.
The exchange rate is good and I think it punches much better weight than say, the 3V's and comparable French ski cities.

This year we are checking out a few little-known resorts - to Brits - which also seem to only get queues at the bottom lift if you mis-time it with the ski school run. I don't think I should be posting this..come to think of it..!!

I don't know about Bulgaria but Switzerland is the pits...!!!!

Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree, Switzerland is no longer as expensive as it once was. Prices are broadly comparable with top resorts in France, like Val Thorens. Where Switzerland falls down is in its lift system. Long walks, aging designs and oversized liftlines are still all too commonplace.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed about Switzerland being the equal of France - but let's not tell everyone. wink

I loved the understatement in the following phrase - "On my visit to Bansko, admittedly at the height of its upheaval, the main emotion it provoked was nostalgia for Andorra, a place of which I had not previously been very fond" - which seems a most tactful way to say it sucked without upsetting any advertisers..

I expect incoming missiles from the Bankso property owners any moment.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Laundryman Im here!! I have been looking through postings now and again, but been very busy over the last few months. and just posting when there there is a real need. I watched with interest the postings on Val'disere (however you spell it) v Bansko!! Whoa.... I had started to avoid other forums as I cant be bothered with the bickering that goes on as it gets tiresome. but I am happy to say that in the main part the bickering was confined within the one Topic.

Anyway back to the subject.. Sorry no missiles stoatsbrother... On the one side I do agree, there is far too much construction going on here in Bansko and we have been on the receiving end of being in the thick of it, with construction going on all around us, which I can now say is just about finished. Been here for 4 years now still waiting for a tarmac road!! The upside is we will be getting one within the next 7 days snowHead snowHead (I feel a street party coming on). Bansko now is nothing like the town we bought in, although having said that the develoment seems to be more toward the outskirts, and the centre is still as it has always been. The good thing is we can still see the positives. For us the move was more a change in life style than the investment, at the time we arrived there was no gondola and only 16kms of piste. Now we have 65kms of piste and the gondola, a second one planned, passed and hopefully to be started next spring. There are also plans for 2 more resorts withn 10 kms of Bansko. Both already in existance (only 1 piste each), but being extended. the 1 to be extended to 40kms with a panoramic gondola to link with Bansko and the 2nd to be extended to around 60 kms, not sure about the linkage to Bansko though! The skiing here is still keeping us amused (the most important factor) and the off piste is brilliant. We have actually been up the slopes today to do a couple of runs. Only 1 run open but it wetted the appetite very nicely. Bring it on
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swiss Ski resorts are not expensive compared to French. The cost of living in the resorts is actually cheaper than the City,s in Switzerland Zurich, Luzern,Geneva.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy