Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any point in just buying boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m still a bit of beginner at this boarding business (3 trips so far), but with two trips planned for this year I’m looking into buying my own kit.

Last time I was away (Mayhofen) the hire shop didn’t have a pair of boots to fit me (size 11) !

I ended up having to make do with a larger pair. The over hang over the front of the board was a nightmare, but at least it gave me a good excuse for spending most of the week on my a***se.

If I can’t afford to buy boots & a board is it worth just buying boots?

Would they fix any bindings?

How much if any overhang is acceptable.

Thanks

Gavin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gavin wrote:
I’m still a bit of beginner at this boarding business (3 trips so far), but with two trips planned for this year I’m looking into buying my own kit.

Last time I was away (Mayhofen) the hire shop didn’t have a pair of boots to fit me (size 11) !

I ended up having to make do with a larger pair. The over hang over the front of the board was a nightmare, but at least it gave me a good excuse for spending most of the week on my a***se.

If I can’t afford to buy boots & a board is it worth just buying boots?

Definitely, especially for us larger footed gents. When I carried the sticks of shame my worst experience was an ill fitting pair of hire boots. Took me ages to get off the mountain as I had to stop every 5 minutes in complete agony. A pair of boots which fits well is absolutely vital. Any half decent hire place should be able to supply you a setup which fits a pair of your own boots.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gavin, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Yes....it's definitely worth buying boots, even if that is all the kit you ever buy. A comfortable, well fitting pair of boots will make such a difference to your enjoyment of the holiday, that it is a worthwhile investment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Gavin,

After my first week boarding I got my own boots and can say that they are so much better than the hire boots I used when learning. Foot is comfortable and doesn't move around which leads to better control and confidence, at least for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys/girls that's all the justification I need for spending some cash.

I'm off to the states with work early Jan, no doubt there'll be a few bargins to be had.

Cheers

Gavin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gavin, I have size10 feet and they used to hang over the edges until i got a wider board. if you are not going to buy a board yourself, ask the hire shop if they have wider boards. you may be lucky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boots are the most important item, so definately. Bad boots can ruin your enjoyment of snowboarding.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
id say your boots dont need to hang over a 1/4 inch ... any more than that and your gonna get some major drag....I, myself have size 13 boots and going with a wider board isnt always the answer...the way i see it (wider board= wider turns,,, ) but im no pro.. i have a burton clash 151 and it seems to do the job just fine!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy