Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top 10 snowboarding resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Risoul - but no mention of La Rosiere ?

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article/2006/nov/30/wintersportsholidays.snowboarding.top10
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah yes, Ms Bowes and Snowbombing in Risoul Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil bad BAD GIRL . . . perhaps if she'd spent more time on those crappy pomas and less on Gareth's arm, La Ros might have stood a chance . . . na
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No whistler or mammoth. And tahoe is no good. IMO.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Ros is NFG for skiing never mind boarding, with all the old drag lifts and flat links between runs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No 3 valleys either surely some mistake
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"dancing to Dire Straits" in Tignes..........? What's all that about? I didn't know you could dance to Dire Straits. Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Arcs rules. Stay in Peisey and you'll be in the middle of the Paradiski area, 2nd or 3rd ?? largest ski area int world.

Then you can choose Les arcs or La plagne.

So much variety, trees in Vallandry, 2000m descent off the Bellecote or piste bashing 400km plus a darn good halfpipe in la plagne.

so yeh les arcs rules but paradiski rocks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ice perv wrote:
"dancing to Dire Straits" in Tignes..........? What's all that about? I didn't know you could dance to Dire Straits. Confused
it works if you're both of a 'certain' age and horizontal
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne........Didn't have to use 1 drag.
Plenty of off piste when it dumps,huge resort.
Multiple Fun Parks (though i'm personally not into that stuff-it hurts too much when you get it wrong)
Nightlifes a tad quiet,though i've always stayed in 1800 & used the Mine Bar which is plenty enough to sit in & get trollied,though as per France & Ski resorts,bloody expensive beer.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpe d'Huez does it for me. The lay out of the slopes, with the difficulty increasing up the higher up the mointains you go, is great. There are plenty of little sattelite villages to board down to with some off piste opportunities.
Night life is pretty good, not up there with St Anton and co but fairly lively. Top resort Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sarge wrote:
La Ros is NFG for skiing never mind boarding, with all the old drag lifts and flat links between runs.
It was a difficult desicion when booking our family holiday, but La Rosiere just sneaked it from Castleford Exscape on price Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Sarge wrote:
It was a difficult desicion when booking our family holiday, but La Rosiere just sneaked it from Castleford Exscape on price Toofy Grin

I think you sir, owe me a new keybaord from tea firing out of the nose Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sandy77uk, Well it's true Very Happy . I'm no mug let me tell you. Icosted it very carefully before booking:

7 hrs on the slope with a family ticket for 4 @ £59 per hour x 6 days = £2478.00

Our catered chalet holiday for 4 including flights = £1900, 6 day family full area pass £350 = £2250.00

Castleford would be a £120 mile round trip each day and taking that and the fact it would be £228 more just has to swing it in the favour of la Rosiere Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, yes, but Castleford is snow-sure. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Beancounter, rolling eyes
snow conditions
laundryman, The pistes at Cas are a bit boring though
snow report
I think Alpe d'Huez is underrated. The nightlife is good by french standards and its a huge resort. The layout is ideal for mixed groups.

St Anton is pretty and has tremendous apres board(!). Its a resort you have to go to at least once.

Saalbach is a good allrounder too. Great varied terrain and lively nightlife.

Arinsal is perfect for beginner boarders.

Cas is "basic" but worthy again if your a beginner.

Tignes attracts the most boarders from the UK i think.
ski holidays
Only been to a few resots, but my rating of the resorts I have been to as a 'try anything' beginner (excluding parks) would be

1 Alpe d'Huez
2 Saas Fee
3 Tignes
4 Arosa

My ratings are based on not having to get off my board, nasty narrow bottle necks and avoiding drag lifts, after that I am happy with most conditions.

This year heading to Les Deux Alpes (14th Dec ??), Whistler, Verbier & St Anton. What order would everyone rate these resorts ???
latest report
Mayrhofen, Austria. No drag lifts, no great queues for the lifts, big area, some fantastic wide slopes, good for all standard. Love it there. My personal favourite.
snow report
Nevis Range. Awesome! Shocked
snow report
The Moon. Twisted Evil
snow report
Richies Back Garden last year! Got the Chair Lift fitted yet matey? Laughing
ski holidays
Still working on it old chap. Might have to get some cheap labour in to pedal a bit harder as the mechanism seems a bit stiff. Very Happy
latest report
Get a hamster wheel,invite Mr Robertson around.....................Sorry Kev.You're married now your fair game!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy