Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samnaun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just checking out webcams generally and I was happy to see people merrily skiing at Samnuan on the Alp Trider Stratel web cam. l

Looks great to me and the home page indicates 30 km of piste open.

Anyone know much about this place ??? http://www.samnaun.ch/en/weather.cfm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, it is connected to and shares the same lift pass as Ischgl in Austria you can see the piste map here http://www.silvretta.at/winter_index.htm Ischgl typically is one of the first areas to open and has a good snow record.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro

cheers for that
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, it's duty-free too Very Happy We plan to ski there for a day at Christmas when we're in Ischgl.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sounds like heaven on snow !!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, the run down from Ischgl is spectacular. Not to be missed. Samnaun itself is a bit of a nightmare in my opinion. One perfume shop after the other. Plus a bunch of petrol stations selling very cheap petrol.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went there for 4 days 3 years ago when we couldn't get a hotel in Ischgl. Advertises itself as "50 duty free shops and no airport", which just about sums the place up. It wouldn't exist if it didn't have duty free status (it's part of Switzerland, but the only way into it from the rest of Switzerland is through Austria). It even has three petrol stations just for people to drive in from Austria to fill up.

There's no real village as such - just one shop after another selling designer brands, booze, etc.. If your idea of a holiday is extensive retail therapy then it's hard to beat (but mine isn't, so I won't be making it a high priority to go back there). Hotel Post is excellent, but don't expect much night life in the place compared with Ischgl on the other side of the ski area. Worth a visit from Ischgl for lunch. Be warned - apparently Austrian customs officers operate in the ski area, and can check your ruck sacks on the way back into Austria!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes Austrian customs do check .

Swiss made products around 25% cheaper than the Eurozone. Watches are particuarly cheap in Samnaun wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We bought goods in Ischgl and then exported them to Switzerland, claiming the VAT back. To do this we had to present the goods at the border on top of the mountain and get the papers stamped. I don't know if this still works, but it made a nice saving.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm off to Samnaun in Feb didn't realise the village was quite that unappealing but I could not get accommmodation in Ischgl. Anyway my main question, Is skiwear significantly cheaper over there? I am needing a pair of saloppettes and was planning on getting them here but if they are significantly cheaper I may just wait.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would second that question. I'll be in Ischgl in Feb. My plan was to buy skiboots before getting there, but if there are good ski equipment stores in Samnaun, whith good quality/price ratio, I would gladly wait. By the way, does anybody know any good bootfitter in Samnaun/Ischgl?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
T Bar wrote:
I'm off to Samnaun in Feb didn't realise the village was quite that unappealing

It's not that bad .. it's a pleasant enough looking village. It's got some nice restaurants but it's very quiet and you have to get the bus to the cable car ... or a longish flat punt.

Don't remember seeing too many ski equipment shops when I've been there .. it's more high tax goods they're into.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Zegg's own the whole town

http://www.zegg.ch/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought Hangl`s own it Smile) http://www.hangl.ch
At least they are making high-end plates for salomon skis. Plates available in their shops.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy