Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi this is my first post! quite nervous !!

im off to serre chevalierre at the end of jan and i want to buy some boots as i have always had trouble with them. i just want to know really what the cheapest pair of boots is and whether its worth buying from the internet or is it essential to have them fitted?? thanx Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have just nioticed the sticky at the top of the forum sorry guys great first impression Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads chloev...

...and don't worry about it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, welcome to snowHead chloev, it wasn't a big mistake, hopefully one of the Serre Che fans will be along soon with some bootfitter reccomendations.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanx guys,
so its better to buy the boots in the resort rather than here in england ???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chloev, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

In answer to your question: "It depends"! I bought my first pair in the UK and that worked for me. My next pair I'll probably buy in resort, having got some recommendations from snowHeads, this would mean I could get some skiing done on my new boots and take them back to the shop for any tweaking required.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chloev, I'd say 'depends on your language skills and the resort'. Most important thing is to get boots that fit you well. This means having a dialogue with the bootfitter. Now if you have good language skills, or the bootfitter at your resort is fluent in English - you're fine, but if not...

There are one or two bootfitters that post here regularly and may be able to recommend someone in Serre Che that could help you, but otherwise, maybe a UK bootfitter would be able to sort you out, before your trip, and that would let you 'bed in ' the boots by wearing them for 15 hours or so (in one ot two hour sessions) before you go. That really will make your first days in resort a lot less pain filled Very Happy.

Welcome to snowHead 's BTW Very Happy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chloev, we haven;t used anyone in Serre Che yet to have our boots fitted, I bought mine in les Deux-Alpes, but tell me where are you staying, and I'll try to get a recommendation for you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh,and wlecome to snowHead , esp as you're from newcastle.
#
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
im staying in villenvenue that would be great thanx:d
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy