Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else been stitched with a flight change at christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to st anton with a tour op for the christmas week. Originally flying out of Heathrow, which was a simple task to get to.

Now flying out of gatwick, so not only extra distance, but also now have to pay for parking.

Upside according to the tour op is that we get an extra half day on the snow. But of course, we have to pay for the lift pass.

Shelled out a not inconsiderable amount of money for this holiday..

Just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same position?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Happened a lot to me back in the days when I used packages - they don't charter the planes until October so the flights that the tour op sells you in the summer don't actually exist. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meribel01, I wouldn't take that, get the TO to shell out for parking at least. They made the change.

Crystal once changed our Christmas Day-covering week to one not covering Christmas Day. They did have the decency to offer us a full refund though...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meribel01, I used FlyGlobespan last year and they changed the flight times on us a couple weeks prior to departure so we ended having to eat a hotel stay in geneva.

I booked flights with them from stansted to Chambery for this half term and several weeks later i get a cancellation from them saying they have discontinued the route due to equipment problems.... Then had to book Eurostar at a much hihger price late in the day.

Not impressed with FlyGlobspan.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scottp wrote:
...we ended having to eat a hotel stay in geneva

Shocked

Those terms and conditions just keep getting more and more unreasonable!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meribel01, look at the positive, you got moved from one 'London' airport to another 'London' airport, we got shafted from Birmingham to Gatwick once (and Gatwick is hell to get to from Gloucester). It's not much of a bright side though. Just think of the skiing, it'll get you through it. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Point taken - it could have been worse

They claim BA messed up their group booking, and they have had to charter a flight at great expense to themselves. However, we do get a hot meal on the plane. That makes all the difference at 6am surely!

But yes, an extra half day in st anton should be good..

Just dont know yet whether it will be on the snow!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meribel01, You will also probably get stitched up by Her Walter the head of the Alberg ski school. Beware of him.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
in what sense should i beware?

i wont be in school, but my girlfriend will be - what should i know?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, we had a similar problem this year on our summer hols re. changing flight times/ locations to be hideously inconvenient. Checking the small print, it turned out that what was being proposed counted as a 'major change' - ie, attracting compensation. I'm not generally a litigous person (honest!) but I do think that you shouldn't suffer materially as a result of changes beyond your control. Your contract is with the holiday company, and the fact that BA has caused them problems is....not your problem. So I would say... If you really have been inconvenienced and have incurred additional costs, write to the holiday company firmly, saying as much. You never know - you might get some recompense.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A significant change is a change made before departure which involves a change of outward or return flight time by more than 12 hours, a change of UK airport (except between Luton, Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow) to one which is more inconvenient for you, or a change of resort.

Change is heathrow to gatwick.. so a nice little carve out they have there

In any case, we would apparently only be able to get £10 compensation if a significant change had occured
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy