Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So my ski boots are fairly old, but I love them, Tyrolia NTF Pro 1 Race boots from I believe '97 or '98. Obviously the heel pads have been slightly worn out, they are made of rubber and I dont really know if I should replace them or not. The rubber is only worn out at the very back end of the boot as seen in the picture so they do not cause a problem when attaching to my bindings. Also, where would I even find a matching heel pad for the Tyrolia boot which they dont make anymore. Would I have to try with head?

The other option is of course to buy another boot. I was looking at the Atomic M-tech series, or the X-series, maybe the M 110 or the X 110. Do I invest in another boot or do I keep my tyrolia boots which are still in good shape and I feel very good in them?
by the way, how to I attach pictures in a post?

Thanks, anyone who can help!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rmajor, the NTF pro was around 94 /95 or it certainly was in the UK

by now i would have thought the liners would have packed down and be past their best, where the tyrolia was a good boot in its day, there are so many better boots available now, the manufactures have really got it together over the past few years and i think you will notice a massive leap in pwerformance and comfort with a new boot.

don't limit yourself to just one brand, get yourself to a good bootfitter and let them guide you. you should definatlely consider footbeds... and if you ski more than 3-4 weks a year then it may be worth conbsidering an upgrade liner such as foam, zipfit or thermoflex styles [but only if you need more comfort /performance than you can get from the standard liner]

i am sure there will be someone else along soon with experience of bootfitters in your area..we have a resident instructor in whistler who can probably recomend a shop and a fitter for you

good luck Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rmajor,

I would suggest these people in the following order:

In Whistler, get yourself to McCoos (the branch nearest the Whistler Gondola) - ask for George McConkey. He will sort you out with your feet, this man is a legend.

2nd choice - Steve in SnowCovers in the Marketplace.

3rd - CanSki Blackcomb (this branch only please) - ask for Alex or Erin.

4th - Wild Willies, Nesters branch.

If you really really can't make it to Whistler (and I really recommennd you do, as you can ski in your new boot and then take it straight to the fitter as soon as you come off the hill for tweaking) - then SnowCovers in Vancouver is probably your next best bet.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys,

Obviously I now realize that I need a new boot, after how many years should I change them? I have had my boots now for almost 10yrs, and I still ski very well in them, but I can only imagine a new boot....thanks for the whistler suggestions veeeight, I will be in whistler quite a bit this season, so that's great.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy