Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GFS Charts beginning to look better

Poster: A snowHead
18Z run tonight backing up signs for the last day or so:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn17417.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1742.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1744.png
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MMMM... I like the look of those... shame they're a week away and likely to change loads... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Yes, GFS is keen on a bit of atlantic ridging and a low forming around the North of Italy about T+168. ECM looks encouragingly supportive Very Happy

UKMO only goes out to T+144 but the ridge is certainly there as well. Unfortunately doesn't look (at this stage) as if it will hold up for long but certainly looks a damn sight more interesting than anything on the charts recently .....
snow report
 brian
brian
Massive snowfall, massive snowfall, I love you, massive snowfall
You're always ten days away .....

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian - you'll need to give me some help reading that chart. I presume blue and purple are "better", not "worse"?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm guessing purple is 50mm, looking at the scale? Is that 50cm or 50mm snow or rain?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kitenski, the scale is in mm of rain, but 1mm is roughly 1cm of undrifted snow. Since it's in the lower res (beyond T+180, often referred to as Fantasy Island or FI) part of the run I think it's actually over a 12 hour period.

Typically at that range, it'll have no ensemble support and be gone in the next run. Ah well, at least it's nice to look at .....
snow conditions
 brian
brian
btw, the corresponding FL was ~12-1400m, so schnee all the way if by some miracle it comes off.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, we'd better get out and get the snowdance started then.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
so that'll get updated around midnight our time tonight Brian??
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, the 18z is rolling now, the above will update in the next 15 mins or so.

Then you'll get the 00z from about 3.30am, the 06z from around 9.30am and the 12z from about 3.30pm.
latest report
 brian
brian
12z ECM and UKMO both continue to support (along with GFS) low pressure forming over northern Italy towards the middle of next week. Looks like we may finally be seeing the back of the endless immovable Euro High, huzzah ! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian, music to my ears, Happy St Andrew's Day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My fingers and toes are now crossed! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very warm in Bern this morning. Acorrding to today papers not going to go below 12C here in town for the next few days, rain from sunday. Even at higher elevations its warm

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl
snow conditions
Fohn effect in Alps North's side, due to W-SW winds.

Here in Spain I have at least the first under zero mínimal temp. In the Pyrennes there is no snow, but next week we wait for a good dump.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
12z today had about 70% chance of a good dump Tues/Wed. 18z operational didn't look too good, let's hope it was an outlier Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes brian, I am also waiting for that run.......not long to wait now!

Update: GFS 18Z run much better and FI in particular
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm, if I read this correctly they are backing off the midweek dump being so big and dumpy now Sad and also not getting as cold

Still 5 days away so it can change back!

cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kitenski, going on the 00z ensembles, it's very much in the balance how significant the snowfall will be. Fingers crossed.
snow report
brian, would you agree that the trend for temperatures is downwards, so at least the ground will be that much colder. The FI charts all suggest much colder weather but of course outside the reliable timeframe.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
lisach, absolutely. a cold front crossing the alps Tues/wed seems pretty much nailed on bringing more sensible winter temps and hopefully a decent dump.

Today's runs good Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, everything is crossed.
snow conditions
You'll be the one on the right then Helen Beaumont,
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy