Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Naming and Shaming the Ski Club of Great Britain

Poster: A snowHead
I'm waiting to see which Sunday National newspaper will run the story. Or could that be paper's? I think the News of the World headline for the story may be a liitle different to the Sunday Times headline.

Laughing

Any suggestions.................................... Puzzled Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tim Brown,
Quote:

Bode Swiller, why didn't you PM Davidof?

How d'ya know I didn't?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller,

Quote:
From what I read this isn't their "first offence" so time to rub their collective toffy nose in it

'toffy nose'? So this is a class thing?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 6-12-06 17:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim Brown, Brown nose I think it was at the Ski Club for you recently Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Tim Brown,
Quote:

How d'ya know I didn't?

What did he say then?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tim Brown, I stuck that in to get a reaction. It is actually how many perceive them still. I don't because I've met many members over the years.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richjp wrote:
I thought richmond's response was measured and fair this morning but he seems to have changed his mind having read Bode Swiller's remarks.

No, I don't think so. AxsMan's info somewhat changed my view of the nature of SCGB's mistake in pinching the article, and I thought Bode's SCC wheeze cunning but not really a runner. I'm still 100% of the view that anything to do with courts in this case would be ludicrous, and I don't think anyone seriously disgrees with that. I suppose that SCGB could be invoiced for a laugh, but I wouldn't expect them to pay.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Surely all this chat is pointless.

Yes. And?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Brown wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Tim Brown,
Quote:

How d'ya know I didn't?

What did he say then?

I didn't say I did, I said How d'ya know I didn't. Anyway, what's the point of a PM if it then gets "nosed" into by others?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond,
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, I'm guessing you didn't PM him. There's a fair bit of circumstantial evidence to support that view. A look at this thread would have told you Davidof hadn't come back. So most likely, if he had told anyone, it would have been privately. I think you wanted to see this thread at the top again, so did a bit of bumping.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
richmond,

Go on, spit it out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tim Brown, I think everyone knows I didn't PM him but you didn't ask that question.

boredsurfin,
Quote:

I'm waiting to see which Sunday National newspaper will run the story.

It would need some polonium 210 in there somewhere to make it front page.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, phone rang. I think I was going to say that my SCC route isn't a "wheeze" - for an £80 investment it makes pure commercial sense.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, some things are obvious. Your agenda, for one.
snow report
Tim Brown wrote:
So obvious in fact that you'll need to explain what you mean. I'll deal with the response when I return from tiffin. Tally ho.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, if there's one thing that gets most people's backs up it's receiving an unsolicited invoice. Yes, they initially behaved pretty shabbily, but there's no evidence that it hasn't been settled amicably, or couldn't be.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 6-12-06 18:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Tim Brown, currently, you appear to be deliberately trying to agitate someone whom you seem to disagree with. I'm afraid that this is not a good thing.

Everyone's opinion on the topic is welcome here.
Maybe you'd like to give us yours or refrain from taking part in this discussion.
latest report
Tim Brown wrote:
A look at this thread would have told you Davidof hadn't come back.

It has been interesting reading though. I have had a bad back since yesterday afternoon so have not been sitting down much.

Not to leave everyone hanging the Ski Club did get back to me basically confirming the facts of the case and saying that it was a mistake and they were really really sorry. CST may have been a bit dismissive at the AGM but the staffers were very concerned. It was nice that the issue was raised at the AGM though.

We've basically agreed our previous position on fare use with respect to using information from PH.com articles. I think the discussion here (and I suppose on the Ski Club forum) has been fair "punishment". It is up to the Ski Club how they address the discussion on their own forum.

I do have lawyer friends who would pursue an action for me but Richmond and others have outlined why this is not very practical. I don't think involving lawyers would improve relations between me and the Ski Club which I would much prefer to be on good terms. It is better, if possible, for both the Ski Club staff and PH.com to focus on wintersports and not other issues. Most of us remember the Barnes and the Ewings!

I would like to thank everyone for their support, advice and comments (even critical).
snow report
davidof, glad it's all sorted.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
richmond, phone rang. I think I was going to say that my SCC route isn't a "wheeze" - for an £80 investment it makes pure commercial sense.

My use of the word 'wheeze' wasn't intended to be at all deprecatory. I regard 'wheeze' as a neutral/mildly laudatory synonym for 'idea'; one might say 'good wheeze', but not, I think, 'bad wheeze'. Anyway, no offence intended.

davidof, I'm glad to hear that you're happy (enough) and that perhaps the SCGB will be more careful, assuming that their concern was genuine, which I expect it was.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
Tim Brown wrote:
So obvious in fact that you'll need to explain what you mean. I'll deal with the response when I return from tiffin. Tally ho.

Admin says not to go there. So I won't. You now have the answer to your question from Davidof.
ski holidays
davidof, I'm glad it's sorted as well, given that it has been I think it's time to lock this thread.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy