Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's about this time of year......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.......that you should be digging your boots out and giving them a try around the house, at the local dry slope or snow centre.

most people [unlike many of the lucky peeps on here] get between one and two weeks skiing in a year, this means your feet are not in ski boots for the majority of the remaining 50 weeks of the year.

just think... you have been walking around in your trainers, flip flops, deck shoes, barefoot etc etc all summer long and your feet need to be conditioned to being in ski boots again. So dig em out and spend a little time reminding your body how it feels to be held in a forward flexed postion inside your boots.

A little bit of time spent now will pay dividens on your holiday avaoiding the first day feeling in your feet.

It is also worth working on some calf muscle stretches, this is particularliy important for ladies [and any blokes out there Shocked ] who where high heels all day and for anyone who does sports such as running or cycling that build and tighten the calf muscles...You know it makes sense!

Check over your boots now for damage and wear & tear, get that loose or bent clip replaced or repaired, replace the worn out heel pads and make sure the mice haven't taken up residence in [and eaten] the liners.

it is also the time of year that the ski workshops are winding up for the onslaught, now is the time to check out your skis and make sure they are tuned and waxed ready to go....don't wait till 3 days before you go away on holiday and have to beg your local shop for a rush job, it will never be as good as when you give them a bit of time to do the job.

with all this said enjoy... the snow is just around the corner [ i hope Confused ]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deck shoes? Aren't those the sorts of shoes we wore in the 80s with fluro pink one peice suits?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiwi1 wrote:
Deck shoes? Aren't those the sorts of shoes we wore in the 80s with fluro pink one peice suits?

for most yes they were...but there are a few sailors on here that probably still wear them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A big THANKS to CEM, who managed to squeeze me in for my Heatronics fitting, and a minor adjustment done to my boots - so hopefully toastie, comfy feet next week Toofy Grin

So just to reiterate CEM's words . . . get sorted now, these guys are busy peeps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never really considered getting my boots checked/ adjusted/ serviced before. Is it worth doing? They're Salomon 1080's, about 5 years old, custom footbeds, fitted at S & R (but given what I've heard of their reputation among the more experienced on here, I'm not sure that's a good thing) and they do, occasionally, hurt like hell.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rainman wrote:
I've never really considered getting my boots checked/ adjusted/ serviced before. Is it worth doing? They're Salomon 1080's, about 5 years old, custom footbeds, fitted at S & R (but given what I've heard of their reputation among the more experienced on here, I'm not sure that's a good thing) and they do, occasionally, hurt like hell.

If they hurt like hell something is wrong, get yourself into see CEM Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

So just to reiterate CEM's words . . . get sorted now, these guys are busy peeps.

Are you back to Florida soon wink Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, not all the time, though! Sometimes I find I'm having to tighten them so much that I get pain across the top of the foot. Sometimes I can ski all day with no pain at all. I suspect it's more to do with deficiencies in my skiing, than the boots...

CEM, do I still have time before Christmas to get booked in?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
>> Sometimes I find I'm having to tighten them so much that I get pain across the top of the foot

I am no expert, but I suspect this means your boots don't fit you properly!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, I've been thinking the same myself! But a new pair may have to wait a while. Or at least until I get out to Chamonix in March (and the missus isn't with me) wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski,

I agree, my boots needed to be ultra tight to fit and then hurt later on... CEM sorted me out with an custom insole and confirmed the boot fit itself wasn't bad so I just needed the custon footbed to hold the foot down better...not tighter, better. Now, I ski in them all day on the same buckles and have no pain AND a better fit. It has extended the life of the boot and when I change them I will take the footbed with me..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rainman, no problem, i am out most of next week but pretty clear from then on Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy