Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Honda Kitty, Hello Georgeous Very Happy

La Plagne has just had/having a good dump. Very cold temperatures will preserve the snow for your arrival when it will start to warm up a bit. Perfect timing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Honda Kitty, I'm off on Friday. It's all good news really. Fresh snow upon desolation below, fresh snow upon ample snow up top. So, lower pistes may be a bit strange (if so wet they slush up the fresh snow), and off piste low down is a no-no unless you like rocks. It's just got cold too, so it'll probably be as if it's just after the first major fall in mid-December. It's going to be a good week, probably brighten up quite a bit and get warmer by the following weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, Hello pretty lady, and crosbie, Thanks chaps - that has lifted the Kitty spirits and I am now off to do some cartwheeling down the corridor at work Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
im very excited(similar to a young child at xmas)im out on the 27th and looks like its good timing,hope it stays in good condition.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back form Belle Plagne. Big dump on Thurs with excellent condition on Friday. 2 amazing powder days. Just fantastic fun
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you've taken some photos...
Thanks Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im leaving for belle plagne in 1 hour,cant wait. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
madmac1, whare did you stay?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
notverygoodatskiing, Lucky Lucky Lucky Going green

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/webcam_panoramique.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, they must know im coming,looks like they have put a snow drift for me to crash in to at the bottom of tthe hill Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
notverygoodatskiing, Thats not a snowdrift, it is actually large piles of boredsurfin's, cash that have been cleverly hidden Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
notverygoodatskiing, Toofy Grin You have a great time! If you go down to Montalbert be sure to Visit Trappeurs Bar. It's up some wooden stairs on the right as you come off the piste at the bottom. (The chairlift is on the left) Toofy Grin

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 27-01-07 11:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, Twisted Evil But doesn't it look great this Morning snowHead

The shot towards La Ros looks OK as well wink

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 27-01-07 11:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, A God's morning in Paradise-ski Very Happy . I wish I was there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, i'll be sure to check that out
boredsurfin,will do,whats so good about that bar?
latest report
notverygoodatskiing wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, i'll be sure to check that out
boredsurfin,will do,whats so good about that bar?

The food the drink the ambience and the owners speak good English wink
snow report
boredsurfin, sounds good to me,will be sure to check it out,taxi of dad has just turned up, im off to play in the snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
notverygoodatskiing, .....happy days .....hope you're soon verygoodatskiing, ..... snowHead
snow report
notverygoodatskiing, we stayed in the 'Balcon 'apartments'. Very nice with views out to the slopes and skiing from the back door. Lovely restaurant with chilled out bar called the 'auberge' next door. Also worth trying is the 'Chelet Verdun Sud' down towards Champany off the Kamakaze run. Lovely ambience great food. Could have staed all afternoon
snow report
GReat conditions in La Plagne at the moment. Icy and patchy in places lower down, but get up and it's lovely.
ski holidays
hi honey,im home, just returned from a great week,snow was excellant at the start with some nice powder,getting a bit icy when we left but still enjoyable,would recommend the skidooing and the bobsleigh,but wouldnt recommend staying at les constellations,very small and way over priced for what you get,overall a really good week im now classing myself as muchbetteratskiing.
snow report
Also just returned today from 1800 - fantastic week, great chalet (no other guests turned up and the wine was all ours!!) Very Happy awesome warm weather with cloudless blue skies, but getting rather icy towards the end of the week on some of the main runs into La Plagne and Bellecote... the lower resorts were looking a little green to say the least... utterly fab week & the skidooing was hilarious Very Happy

Did hear there was a fatal two person collision this week Sad - stay safe out there people if you're heading out....
snow report
I just got back from a week staying in Belle Plagne and can only echo the above really. Great week's skiing with not a cloud in the sky but it was getting v icy on the main runs in when I left. At the end of the week we just headed up the glacier in the afternoon and there were still really good conditions up there.

One word of warning from an intermediate skier though - the piste gradings seem to be completely random! Nearly every run is a blue and a couple of the reds were extremely tough. Notably the one next to the top of the bubble car on the glacier (that runs under it) and "Kamakaze" which were both steep and mogully. I went with 3 advanced skiers and was just chucking myself down the reds/blacks (because I'm an idiot snowHead ) but I think timid intermediates might get a bit of a shock on some of the runs!
snow report
Honda Kitty, I just returned from 1800 as well, got over to La Plagne for a day, managed to find loads of nice stuff just off the pistes and only injured (slightly) myself at the last hour of the last day Laughing

Great week huh?
latest report
troublemaker, Scarpa, Hey, Very HappyVery Happy

The conditions on the glacier were fab - I couldn't believe how empty the slopes were too! cracking week! Scarpa you did well, saving your crash till the last day, I managed to catch an edge land on my head (thank god I wear a helmet or I certainly would have had concusion as I saw stars for a while & was struggling all week with neck pain! thank heavens for nurofen!!) Where abouts were you in 1800? we were blessed as the company we booked with failed to take any other bookings and had the chalet to ourselves! Very Happy
snow report
We had 16 of us slumming it in the Charmettoger - at least it's right by the lift. I'll put on my great and stylish drop in video at some point - I think that I managed about 6 milliseconds of snow contact before powder swallowing - it is really funny to watch. Especially once I climbed back up the damn hillock and repeated the entire process Evil or Very Mad

I managed to bruise my coccyx on the wall in the snowpark - I had managed to do the slide up it and then ski off backwards the previous day, when I repeated it the snow had worn away from the join onto the wood and on sliding back down my tails stuck in - resulting in a rather painful flip onto my tail and also pulled neck musles. Didn't keep me off the jumps for the last hour though snowHead
snow report
Scarpa, I have a vid too.... might post it too if I figure out how and get round to it... we were up at the top end of 1800 on a little road right by the roundabout with a globe thing on it.

Conditions at the top of the glacier on Friday last week.... Very Happy
snow report
ive got a week at the end of march booked off,i think im going to return if the snow is good again,really think la plagne is an amazing place,so much to see and do,admittingly the night life is crap but if your with the right people then that dosnt matter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just been to Plagne 1800 in Maeva Lauze (great apt., but no lift and 300m to piste).

Good snow. Nice and sunny. Thursday saw the pistes at their most polished and ungrippy, but the sun started to melt them for more grip on Friday afternoon. I don't envy those there this week.

Do not stay in Aime La Plagne (Plagne 2000) unless you are in Hauts Bois or Club Med - unless you like living in an airport departure lounge or a large ferry.

Here's the route to Au Bon Vieux Temps from 1800: Get bus to Plagne Centre, Get telemetro to Aime La Plagne, walk a mile through its labyrinth to the car park lift. Keep on descending the lifts and walking out until you reach the edge of the car park. Walk out of the car park and down the road 200 yards around 2 hairpin bends to a wooden sign identifying this as the route for 'Au Bon Vieux Temps'. Go around the back of the Club Med building car park to the edge of the piste. Walk 50 yards across the snow to the restaurant (bright light shines on piste at night). Does most Savoyarde stuff apart from Fondue Bourguinone (steak). Chef is ex-Ivy, so do try his specials.

Be very careful of the ancient chairlift by Le Chalet du Friolin if you're over 5'11". It almost concussed me and cut short my Friday afternoon. Next time I'll DUCK!
latest report

This was near the Grand Col at 2000. It's not often I get the chance to leave my tracks on virgin snow snowHead
snow report
and another thing why's Morbleu a black? Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy