Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dear Mr Buyer for SnR, Ellis Brigham etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
uktrailmonster, would you settle for houndstooth?

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch wrote:
Arno, you've nicked my pet peeve.

Am currently considering the following trousers:

SOS in Flame or Apple
Mammut in Orange and Navy
Kjus in Orange or Green

- the problem with all of these being that I would probably need a new jacket to match.

Or,

Helly Hansen in Mandarin
Peak in yellow

Which I think (and don't care about anyone else's opinion) will work just fine with my cobalt blue MH jacket (of 6 years, ~260 day vintage).

David Murdoch, you'd better give me due warning where you're going to be on the mountain when I'm out in my lime green jacket then or we'll dazzle everyone off the mountain Shocked

On second thoughts, let me rephrase that... you'd better give me due warning where you're going to be on the mountain when I'm in my lime green jacket so I can join you and we can dazzle everone else off the mountain Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex wrote:

It's hammer time!!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kiwi1, following on from your posts I had a look at the Haglof gear (I was thinking of buying a new jacket this year). It looks really good stuff and I would be interested in buying some for myself at £220 (but less-so at £300 wink )
Did you approach them as an ordinary punter and say that you couldn't obtain the range/colour that you wanted here in the UK, or did you approach them as a potential outlet for their gear?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick L, hey mate. I approached them as a punter. Hadn't even thought abought opening my own shop at that stage.
Said I had been to a shop in Skipton that did the Helium jackets which were on a sale (they were last seasons and were going for £189) but did not have my size. The bloke in Sweden was very helpful and gave me the number for Haglofs UK. The UK said that they could not get last seasons and could not match the price but could do this seasons jacket at £220. Jumped at the chance.

They were very helful. Worth giving them a call. The number is on the haglofs site.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alternatively, Nick L, if you can check the sizes in a shop, you can shop around in the internet. You should get a jacket like Fusion (3-layer gore) for about 260 euro or Ozone 320 euro (3-layer gore). Helium is very expensive, and if you can get under 350 euro, it's miracle. Softshell stuff - Sharkfin hood comes just under 300 euro. And, I personally, wouldn't take the gore anymore. I love the softshell. If weather is too much for it, it's too much for me too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex wrote:

Yeah, I'd probably run those. No braces in sight either, another good thing. I'd rather have them fall down round my ankles than wear braces Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
uktrailmonster, are you sure that you are not a snowboarder actually?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think that if you are intending to ski in groups in pretty awful conditions, then a bright coloured jacket does help the others to spot you (following or avoiding impacts).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have bright orange sleeves on a black jacket and orange trousers....not sure if it's cool but I'm easy to find if I'm on the hill.
All from TKmaxx!
Last time I was in there they had lots of red and yellow Helly Hanson stuff.....for around £60.

wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hellfiresliding, Bright is beautiful. Good on ya mate. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
let your skiing do the talking not your pants!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or even better do both.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
get real you knobs Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tailskidder wrote:
get real you knobs Toofy Grin

looks like the buyer for SnR is here to answer his critics Laughing

from his screen name, his steeze is obviously such that he looks AWESOME whatever he wears NehNeh
snow report
steeze?
snow conditions
tailskidder, Couldn't agree more.
Does this catwalk mentality mean that Tall Tone is one of snowheads greatest skiers as he is tall , thin, and very good looking.
ski holidays
The colour isn't impotant it's what you will be doing in them and how they fit that counts. I always ask for apres dancing trousers (plenty of ballroom) and when asked what side I dress on, I just say "leave em baggy at the knees". Wink
snow conditions
True colors not important but it's nice to have options eh. Puzzled
snow report
richmond wrote:
steeze?

The combination of "style" and "ease." The word is spelled with a z just to make it more steezy.

as in:

"I need no reeze, I jus' got steeze."

[thanks urbandictionary]
snow report
Thanks. I shall drop it into conversation, thus appearing totally steezy myself.
snow conditions
I prefer sleaze and tease Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I got mine from Prada - doesnt everybody ?
snow report
tailskidder, aha, a conundrum, presumably applying to yourself as it would be rude to apply to strangers,

"Get a real knob"

Do I win a prize?

(P.S. Welcome, I think (?), to SHs...)
snow conditions
I have just been to the UK and looked in the usual outlets for ski gear. All I can say is that it all looked respectful enough to be worn at a funeral. All these people who claim to be "individuals" why do they all wear the same drab gear, sport the same rivets through their body parts and have the same goatie beards (yes some of the girls too)?? rolling eyes
snow report
Run for cover Very Happy
ski holidays
Dypcdiver, who wants to be "individual"? You could easily achieve "individual" status by dressing in a day-glo green, yellow and pink striped 1-piece suit with faux fur trim, but it wouldn't be right. I'll be keeping my head down this season again in safe grey trousers and black jacket. Orange boots and skis add a little contrast. Perhaps I'll get an orange hat to add a little balance to the whole ensemble Very Happy
snow conditions
kiwi1,
I ducked.

uktrailmonster,
Safe grey trousers & black jacket! Ok whatever turns you on!! Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy