Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dear Mr Buyer for SnR, Ellis Brigham etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Has it ever occurred to you that us men might want ski trousers in something other than black, "anthracite", carbon or some other variant of dark grey? Are you aware that brands like Norrona, Haglofs and many others make technical kecks, with a stylish cut and vibrant colours?

No?

YOU'RE FIRED
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, well said, I want pleats and turnups!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, there are some bright colours available on the racks above SZK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
in pinstripe with belt loops
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
poofs rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a quick look at the Norrona website, mostly black and grey as far as I could see (and rightly so).
No vibrant colours for me thanks. Black Dainese jacket and mid-grey Eider "kecks".
My mate has a bright red jacket and my wife accused him of looking like a tomato. Let's face it, nobody wants to look like a tomato when skiing do they?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, you're part of the problem Razz
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Green kit to match the vans wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear black and grey, nothing wrong with looking like everyone else?????? The world needs more sheep.

yeah baby Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
uktrailmonster, what about these babies:

also available in baby blue and tomato red
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, We have Navy kit to match red n white vans rolling eyes Laughing

Arno, I expect all clothing to be functional. Cant make a slik purse out of a sows ear, no matter how itsw dressed up wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno,

We want to go skiing not fishing. Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, doh! I thought you had Green and white vans? Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, good function and being pleasing to the eye are not mutually exclusive

DB, yes that bustier thing is a bit wierd but it's detachable I think
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I know the problem - getting white-red trousers with blue white red jacket, or orange everything, for example, would be great. Now, Haglofs has wonderful jacket colour combos. Why don't they do the same with trousers. Not that I still would buy but black. Mind you, my napapijri trousers (hyvent) are royal blue-black...
ski holidays
demos, there are some nicely coloured trousers on the haglofs website, but are they stocked by the UK shops? are they ####!
ski holidays
I just want fleece-lined plus-fours with elasticated weather cuffs
latest report
Very few stockers of Haglofs in the UK but I reckon thats a good thing. Haglofs UK are great to deal with and if there is something on the Swedish site you like I'm sure they would get it in for you.
snow conditions
kiwi1, might try contacting them direct - have you bought direct from the company (saw your post in another thread) or did you go through the local distributor?
snow report
Yup. I bought a 3 layer goretex Helium from them direct.
Hadn't even heard of Haglofs till I came across the jackets in a mountain shop in Skipton. I thought the quality was better than Mountain Equipment, NF and mountain Hardware but the shop did not have my size.
Contacted Haglofs the following Monday who got a jacket in from Sweden for me. Both Haglofs Sweden and the UK were really good to deal with.

Sorry you didn't ask for the story. Ignore all that. I'll try and answer your questen better.

"yes"
ski holidays
kiwi1, thanks.

Mr Buyer, you're still fired
snow report
kiwi1, I second your views. Their customer service is fantastic. Well, it comes with a price tag on the clothes, but it's good to have someone on the phone who knows what they do and actually delivers on the promises.

They did not agree to sell me directly here in Belgium, but put me in touch with their distributor who would have sold straight without passing through stores. In the end, I bought from Germany as it was cheaper and faster because of sales they had and goods were in stock.

Arno, what trousers do they have coloured? All their skitrousers are plain black apart from Alto, Krypton (both goretex) and Demon (softshell). So you can choose between blue, titanium (read grey), black and mustard. Not very much of choice there. Or maybe it's better than most...
snow conditions
demos, I think you've summarised the choice, which is much more than the UK stores seem to manage!
ski holidays
There are basically 3 reasons why I always go for grey or black trousers

1) They match pretty much any jacket
2) I only wear them for skiing, so they last for years. Therefore it's better that they don't look ridiculous after a couple of seasons
3) Black stuff is always pretty cool

If I went for those green numbers above it would severely limit my choice of jacket, not to mention I'd probably look like a cross between the Hulk and Jolly Green Giant!
snow report
uktrailmonster, you need to be more bold in your choice of colours. i really think you could carry it off Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Yeah. Mustard and Curry pants to match my jacket. Now we're cooking.

Be warned it's expensive but worth it. The Helium was £300 in the shop. I paid £220 direct from Haglofs.
latest report
kiwi1, You got a good deal! What colour is you Helium then? Green?

I paid 200 euro for my Omni pants (soft) and 299 for Sharkfin hood (soft) + some small postage from Germany. I was thinking of getting the then burnt orange/black colour combo, but ended up in the titanium black (grey) as it will last longer. I am getting boring, really. Thought it looked cooler. Though, I am not sure now. Still, my red boots fit better that than with orange. And the goggles head band is grey too.

My feeling only is that in active clothing, investment in quality is almost always worth it. The gear lasts longer, performs better and provides more satisfaction.
snow report
Arno, you've nicked my pet peeve.

Am currently considering the following trousers:

SOS in Flame or Apple
Mammut in Orange and Navy
Kjus in Orange or Green

- the problem with all of these being that I would probably need a new jacket to match.

Or,

Helly Hansen in Mandarin
Peak in yellow

Which I think (and don't care about anyone else's opinion) will work just fine with my cobalt blue MH jacket (of 6 years, ~260 day vintage).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why does it matter what colour your kit is?
ski holidays
demos, I've got the curry and mustard color. I'm with Arno. I like the brighter colors. I'm stocking Avalaan stuff this season. Hmmm bright orange. Love or hate thing going on.
ski holidays
Peak's got a wonderful white/green combination this year both for jacket and trousers. Looks very fast!
snow report
This season I shall mainly be wearing Rupert the Bear's cast-offs. Very slimming they are. I'll try and find a pic but haven't the faintest how to put one up.
snow report
kiwi1, BTW, why don;t you ski in your own stock gear?
ski holidays
fallliner, must post pic. rupert fur is the new black.
ski holidays
richmond, if I'm dropping £200 plus on a pair of kecks, THEY SHOULD BE ANY FRIKKEN COLOUR I WANT!!!!

David Murdoch, I was thinking of you as I perused the range in SnR - the annoying thing is that the manufacturers do seem to produce these things but the dude at SnR can't see beyond "anthracite". I currently have a rather nice pair of Peak corduroy kecks which look quite cool but actually are quite impractical (they froze and went all stiff last time I wore them). I'm thinking a trip to the Peak shop in Chamonix when I'm over next month may be in order. Those orange and navy Mammut ones are a bit of a mountaineering cut (ie my bum doesn't fit into them very well) but there are some more roomy ones which look interesting...
latest report
demos,
Couldn't wait any longer for EB or S&R to offer me a purchasing job so am doing it myself. It's a very new and very small (at the mo but have to start somewhere) venture. I bought the haglofs jacket before I started. I am wearing a pair of the Avalaan pants this season. I hope to stock Haglofs but can't until I move from on-line to retail premises which won't be until the 07/08 season.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 28-11-06 17:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
kiwi1, I want cheap gloves too!
latest report
richmond, so your girlskibunny doesn't ski straight past you standing beside the slope?

Arno, I found it most frustrating, especially as most EU manufacturers/stockists at least give you SOME options. I did wonder about the PEAK cords, love the look, wasn't sure they'd work. So clearly they're off my list.

The Mammut stuff looks great but is justifiably expensive (and a bit on the heavy side).

kiwi1, Well done you.
snow conditions
richmond wrote:
Why does it matter what colour your kit is?

Because looking cool is very important Smile Oh yes.
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
uktrailmonster, you need to be more bold in your choice of colours. i really think you could carry it off Madeye-Smiley

Well I'm just easing myself in with a pair of bright orange boots at the moment and I think it's going reasonably well. I'm not sure I'm ready for loud pants yet. Maybe grey with a coloured stripe of some kind might be a compromise?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy