Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Girlfriends first ski trip....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Had some really valuable info from you all last year so thought I would try it again! I have a similar problem to TaffyApple, however it's my boyfriend who will be the first time skier. I have taken on board all what has been posted previously but I also have the added problem that we cannot go until the first week in April so am limited to certain resorts due to the snow. A lively resort is a must, along with all the other factors mentioned above, Austria is looking quite favourable at the moment but as I've not been before am uncertain as to which resorts will be applicable (if any)?!! If a few friends tag along there will be less pressure but if there's just the 2 of us I need to make sure its good!!

Don't think I will be much use to TaffyApple as I've only been a skier for 3 years myself but when I was a beginner we went to Souze d'Oulx, which is the most friendly resort I've been to, we met plenty of people and the ski schools were extremely fun, there's a few lively bars and the transfer is only an hour and half from Turin. Also there are trips to Milan available so if she does detest the skiing you can always soften her up with a shopping trip!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lisa.8,
I have not been to Austria particularly late but the following are said to be reliable for snow in April.
Obergurgl /Hochgurgl, Solden, Obertauern, Zurs, Ischgl and the glaciers. I'd imagine most of them will be pretty lively but am not really a big apres skier. Good Luck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks T Bar that has given me a good starting point, will research!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Again......many thanks for all the help..... this is a great website with bags of interesting stuff & welcoming people. The next few weeks are going to be spent doing my homework and weighing up all the good advice you guys have given!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All of this is good stuff. My first year experience was: miles from the slopes (had to drive/get the 30-year old ski bus); was in a group of 12 non English-speaking learners, with a non English-speaking teacher; spent the first 3 days terrified out of my wits, 2 of them falling over in front of the whole class and always being left behind at the back; crappy weather for the first half of the week, freezing cold, glasses misting up. Then it all clicked, I could suddenly ski, and everything was fantastic. Now I'm hoooked. What I'm trying to say is, if she's going to fall in love with skiing, she will regardless of the experience.

Just don't take her to Andorra, she'll hate you for that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Clusaz is fantastic! We went for the first time in january with my mum, dad and sister who had never been skiing before. It is great for begginers and intermediates so it should suit you really well. My family used the ESF ski school and came across a fantistic instructor that we used when we returned in February and April. The scenery is also very nice which females seem to like. Accomodation tends to be expensive in the resort but i recommend the Novotel in Annecy which is a 45 min drive away. We drove all the way from england which isn't too bad and really cuts the cost.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Matt Exley, Welcome to snowHead 's 3 times to La Clusaz in the year!! Must say that no-one has said anything bad on the place AIR
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from La Clusaz again and had a fantastic trip! If you haven't found anything yet the snow there is good at the moment and we found a fantastic chalet that is cheap aswell and has doorstep skiing! This is a website for that chalet. http://site.voila.fr/latrace/English/TracWE.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been to La Clusaz and put my GF into private 2 hour lessons, personally I don't think it's a beginner resort even though it has a lot of greens, they can be icy and not that easy to get to, overall I would class it as an intermediate resort.
One main thing to look out for is make sure the instructor speaks some English, becuase La Clusaz is a remote village in France most don't speak any or little.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy