Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor in La Clusaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

We are off to La Clusaz at the start of January and would very much like to improve and get my wife more confident too. I have previously used the ESF but can't help feeling that a smaller outfit or a specific instructor would be better and would help us improve quicker.

Experience level is about 7 weeks in 3 years for me and 3 weeks for my wife. Both fit and mid thirties.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blindside, I've just booked a 3hr lesson for 4 with Aravis Challenge cost about £100 and there is also a company called Snow Academie. i have no further details I'm afraid since this was arranged through the company who own the chalet where I am staying
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aravis challenge is certainly good. The other possibility is to take private classes with someone from ESF. Someone I know and was very happy with last year is Fabien Pollet-Villard at ESF.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Blindside, I live in the area. As Halfhand said there are two independent ski schools in La Clusaz - Aravis Challenge and Snow Acadamie, both are excellent. There is a French girl I know very well called Grisette who works for Snow Acadamie, she is particularly good with English speaking women and kids. Alternatively there are a number of excellent English speaking instructors at the ESF Manigod which is the ESF in the Croix Fry / Merdassier area of La Clusaz. In particular I would recommend all the following Paul Bochet, Guillaume Fournier, Henry-Pierre Collomb and Eric Cohendet. Eric Cohendet is also a mountain guide and is available for off-piste and ski touring. All these instructors are very popular (especially with English clients), it is therefore advisable to book before your holiday
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aravis Challenge are excellent - but they are really an off-piste ski school. Perfect for doing hikes into the wonderful Aravis back country, but perhaps not ideal if your wife has only skiied for 3 weeks. I would recommend strongly the ÉCOLE DE SKI INTERNATIONALE (ESI), Tél : 04 50 32 66 05, www.esi-laclusaz.com - who I think will be ideal for what you are looking for.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy