Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Views on the snow so far?

Poster: A snowHead
I think it all looks good - hopefully all this snow continues and builds a big seasonal base!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, most of it has melted hasn't it?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a really good summary of the conditions here
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc wrote:
plectrum, most of it has melted hasn't it?

yes pretty much, no real snow on southern slopes below about 2000-2200 and on northern slopes below 1800. Val Thorens looked pretty dreadful to be honest although the piste was probably a lot more fun than your average snow dome. It has been extremely hot today, around 20C in the valleys with 100-120km/h winds from the south-west.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, Whats the forecast for the next few days? Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got to admit this horrible southerly wind has been making me very tetchy. Places like Val Tho that have some base should be fine as long as it snows. The current 10 day forecast is colder from Wednesday but no significant snow in sight. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forget it this Xmas/NY if you dont live near the slopes its not worth the expense and the dissapointment . Rebook and go somewhere hot like Thailand .
It may get better by February
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, you're such an optomist.
wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton,
Quote:

Rebook and go somewhere hot like Thailand .

No good there either, I was at the highest point in Thailand in winter a few years back, chilly relative to the rest but no snow Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton you're on a real downer elsewhere too - do you want the slopes to yourself or something?

It's good and not so good folks, patchy is probably the best word but it can all change with one big dump and there's still decent skiing around already. Take no notice of Stanton et al - most seasons have a patchy start and they all improve eventually Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Give it a couple of weeks wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
Forget it this Xmas/NY

Blimey, I assume you are a very rich person if you can read 5 weeks into the future :

I wouldn't even call the European season as starting until the Xmas week so plenty of time for it to improve.

The US strive to open this week as it's Thanksgiving, which is a huge holiday for them.

Cheers.

Greg
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've gone away the week before Christmas for the past couple of years, it's always dodgy. Basically it all depends on whether we get a decent dump or not, in the next week or two.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you wait for the dump and then pick Kramer, or just take a chance on a good deal somewhere?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I wait and see where the snow is, and go there, however if there's no snow anywhere, I follow the beer and Scandi girls.
latest report
Kramer, and obviously DAS BEER ??
snow conditions
It's only the 26th of November. Sometimes it comes early, sometimes it comes late. Sometimes it hardly comes at all.

Personally, I blame Gordon Brown.
snow report
Theres already a fair bit in les arcs around 1950 up and a good bit in tignes and val.
snow report
I Seez wrote:
Theres already a fair bit in les arcs around 1950 up and a good bit in tignes and val.

Not sure I agree with this. There's been enough to keep going with, but not enough to open the domain on schedule and not enough to run the Men's Downhill at Val d'Isere next week. The snow and low temps seem to be about two or three weeks late this season, although there are some signs that the blocking weather is beginning to break down, so hopefully it will get a bit more wintry from the middle of next week Smile
snow report
Very good early season so far over in BC - just heard that Silver Star will have all lifts open this weekend. Can't actually recall that ever happening quite this early in the season before.

Actually there was a similar amount of doom and gllom around in the Alps this time last year - but we still managed one of the best European powder days we've had for years BEFORE Christmas.
ski holidays
Ok, i'm keeping an eye on the webcams though praying for snow. please let it snow
snow conditions
from http://www.alpineexperience.com/news.html

December 1st.

It was a stunning day weather-wise today, with clear blue sky and warm enough to enjoy lunch on the terrace in long-sleeved- t-shirts. Andreas and Tansy stopped by for coffee with little Ness, who is a gorgeous little girl and rather sporty as well. But don't despair about the warm weather, the forecast is for wet snow on Monday and Tuesday, with a really good chance of colder temperatures and heavy snowfalls from Wednesday through Friday. Bring it on I'd say. The races over the December 9th weekend have been cancelled, maybe we'll be skiing powder instead!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy