Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many Irish Snowheads are there and should we have an Irish PSB in Kilternan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kieran, You're wrong there about patagonia. If you're savvy you can buy patagonia gear at well under half of the RRP. If you're in at the right time e.g. sample sales it's often possible to get very high end gear for 15-30% of the RRP. Plus whether you're aware of it or not the quality of the patagonia gear is far higher than anything that's for sale in TKMaxx.

Edit: Just to clarify for those that don't know patagonia make very high end outdoor clothing. The technical gear is primarily designed for mountaineering but there is a massive overlap with skiing there. The quality of Patagonia gear is easily two or three times better than say tresspass. So if you buy a patagonia jacket for €100-150 in the sample sale it will literally be a world better than the €100 TKMaxx tresspass jacket. It's also possible to buy really good thermals there both capilene & merino wool for very good prices especially in the sale you can get capilene ones for a tenner an item. You won't get that kind of value or price anywhere else.

For those that are interested Patagonia is on exchequer st which is perpendicular to grafton st on the south side of the city centre.

hibernia, That may well have been the case over 10 years ago but ever since we became rich (don't mention the war re: loosing it all again) it's been possible to get direct flights from Dublin to most of the ski connection locations in the alps. If you go to any major alpine resort, well french at least, you're bound to hear multiple irish voices over the course of your holiday.

Kieran, Skiing is something very special to me, as are my lovely, lovely skis. I'd be happy to meet people in the pub for a pint or two but i wouldn't offend myself or my skis by skiing on that brushed molehill & it's just up the road from me. I did however spend a week in wicklow ski touring last winter when we had the snow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LeonardIV wrote:
Hi,

Based in Dublin, I would know at least a dozen people who go skiing but don't go to Kilternan. I have never been there myself so what is it really like? Heard of people getting injured (eg thumbs caught in dry slope) which has put me off but don't know if that is just urban myth etc.

thanks

It depends on what you want, it is super for developing ones technique and personal performance, regardless of level.
It is far more difficult to ski on than snow, due to the increased resistance of the surface.

Its super when we get snow up there Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Belfast here - don't think I'd be heading to Dublin to ski a dry slope. Craigavon is pretty cac - and that's with the water on! Just too short and the tow keeps breaking down. Maybe just about worth one trip to get the cobwebs off. Probably would have gone to indoor slope tho!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
frank4short, I am sure you are a skiing god whos technique is so perfect that you never need practice.

Kilternan is all we have and it is a great resource for practicing many aspects of the sport we love. There are over 150 instructors and a fair wack of them are now level 3 & 2.

Quote:

I have never been there myself so what is it really like? Heard of people getting injured (eg thumbs caught in dry slope) which has put me off but don't know if that is just urban myth etc.

LeonardIV wrote: with over 100 teaching hours a year and I have had 1 thumb injury in the last 2 years. It does tend to be the most common injury but it is slightly more prevelant with boarders.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry guys, too far to travel for what is there! Saving the money as we speak, off to Norway on Wednesday! Hopefully real snow!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have lots of real snow there at the moment snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well i'm off to Lug tomorrow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back, great snow in Norway, cold but not with the "Norwegian Underwear"!!!

End of January Austria, bring it on!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy