Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Snowheads -help wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd give this a shot and see if the SHs network can help out. I'm in process of potentially switching a planned trip to California over Xmas/New Year to BC as the chances of decent snow look much more promising at present. I'd like to spend the week before Xmas in Whistler if possible before returning to YVR to pick up a friend on 23/24 then going off on a road trip round the interior.

The problem I'm running into is that WB direct bookings and Allura don't show much in the way of reasonably priced accomodation for 1 person even for the week 16-23. Not looking for anything fancy as I'm on my own but Whistler doesn't really do no frills motels & I don't really fancy the drive from Squamish every day.

Anyone got any ideas for reasonable accomodation or anyone know of anyone with a spare bed/room which might be available the week before Xmas (leave am 24th at the very latest)? I know when I did a season out there that a number of seasonnaires didn't rock up until after Xmas. All areas considered - Alpine, Emerald, Nordic, Brio, Nesters, Whistler Cay etc. Can pay cash or in kind (beers). Not keen on hostels because I like decent quality sleep. There's no pressure as I can probably work something else out but thought I'd give it a shot first.

If it does work out be good to meet people for a Kokanee or more too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi fatbob, best to ask PaulHothersall - he might have a bit of space then. Not sure if he's got his internet sorted out yet but I'll let him know that you are looking.

Hope you get it sorted - would be great to catch up over a few beers!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just got your message, (have just got back on internet), and an text from Hels_t all within 20 seconds. (all very spooky

I do have a (very comfy) couch available. I more than likely also have a room available for a few nights.

Everywhere is full, couch surfing everywhere, and no people with work visas to fill the jobs.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both the B&Bs I used to stay in as a single traveller are now Chalets run by UK companies. I would be happy to hear recommendations from those in the know about where singles can stay without paying an arm and a leg......the liftpass is expensive enough as it is!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulhothersall, hels_t,

Thanks for the help, pm on its way to Paul
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy