Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

i need the impossible

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
yes, i need to plan a family ski trip. for a week in the february half term (a week between 16th february till 25th february).

location, europe but undecided - somewhere child friendly.
cost - under a grand for flights + transfers + accomodation if at all possible.

my dream holiday would include a non-catered chalet, on the slopes somewhere with easy transfers and some day activities, as ive persuded my mother that now shes retired she really should come up a mountain and babysit the 2 year old for us. im fine with cooking/cleaning but although i love the idea of a catered chalet the costs put me off a bit.

i'll be boarding with my partner, whilst we'll put her 6 year old through half a days ski school each day. so far thats 5 of us (3 adults, 1 child and a toddler) although that may well be subject to change. padding the numbers with some interested friends shouldnt be too hard.

am i mad?

this wouldnt be a problem if i were to go to serbia - as ive done it before and speak the lingo and everything, but my partner doesnt want to go there. nevermind, i've always wanted to see the alps. (id love to ski in canada, but the flights are a bit long for the kids seeing as it'll be their first time)

im not planning on getting a major amount of boarding done this year, mostly it'll be playing in the snow, teaching and hitting the learning slopes with my partner. the whole apres-ski thing doesnt appeal either. so those arent major considerations for me.

any recommendations, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

we went to the london ski show and ive got about half a ton of brochures i was intending on drooling over at christmas, but ive got the means and ability to get this booked now - and im beginning to think that sooner is better when it comes to the school holidays...

thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dnc, when you say under a grand - is that a total for all 5 of you or £1000 per person. If the latter, you shouldn't have any problem at all, if the former, then there is no chance (there was another thread like that earlier today)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
heh, depends if i want to blow my mortgage savings. im flexible with regards to the price, that figure is based around 2 adults and the children. i'll go hunting for the previous thread to see what kinda budget i need to give myself
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dnc, I think the only way you are going to get close to your budget is to book an apartment direct with someone such as http://www.pierre-et-vacances.co.uk/ choose a resort less well known in the UK and drive.

There are other websites out there but the one above should give you a rough idea.
latest report
 brian
brian
dnc, for half term flights you're about 5 months too late Sad

In fact for half term anything you're pretty late, my advice would be get your skates on !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try ringing www.ernalow.co.uk they may be able to help at this late stage Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.montagne.com are very good for affordable apartments with good tie ins like ski pass at a favourable rate, food packs, insurance etc
as for getting there, I recommend going down to Dover and seeing if you can sneak onto a container lorry - seems to work the other way around and there will likely be less of a crush for people going the other way!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dnc, Definitely drive if you can. I can suggest two options in Venosc that won't break the budget too much if you drive (try Speedferries or Norfolk Lines for cheaper fares, although JT will be along in a minute to disagree with that statement). You can look at Chalet Michelle (find the link on www.venosc.com) or the local campsite which rents out little chalets at a very reasonable price. Access to LDA by gondola and I recommend Jacques Sports for equipment hire as they are right at the bottom of the nursery slopes and have lockers, so you don't have to cart your stuff around. If you say you know me they may even give you a discount. Liftpasses are -20% if you stay in and buy them in Venosc AFAIK.

You shuold be able to get pretty close to your original budget doing that.

BTW 680 ish miles from Calais/Boulogne/Dunkerque and around £60 in tolls on the motorway. An easy 8-10 hours - doable in one go from London. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski,

New improved prices, so I'm told
and just to check the website

Outward Fri 16th @ 1420

Inward Sun 25th @ 1915 = £72:00...not bad for a car, 2 adults and 3 kids

I always travel P&O... wink wink Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dnc, I doubt you'll find a catered chalet for your budget but you might find a self-catered apartment. I've sent you a PM!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy