Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - a couple of questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm not really up on all this early season snow business, so sorry if I say anything stupid!

I'll be in Les Deux Alpes from 9-16 December, is the snow likely to be any good? I know that you can't predict the future, but what proportion of the runs can I reasonably hope to be open then?

I know there's some snow there at the moment, but to my (untrained) eye it doesn't look like enough to ski on in the lower parts at say, 1650m.

Also, is this snow forecasting site at all reliable?
http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Les_Deux_Alpes_snow.html

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt if there's enough to skii on lower down, but the glacier should be OK. Threatening more snow at the moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mb, 50 of us were ther 3 weeks ago and there was not a flake there apart from the glacier. That said i think having seen the snowfall of late you would be unlucky if all above 2600m was not open. If that is the case there will still be plenty to keep you happy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mb, welcome to snowheads. For an up-to-date sitrep on LDA snow, keep an eye on this thread - particularly the comments of our resident snowhead there, easiski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mb, Welcome to Snowheads. As achilles, says I file a snow report very regularly, so keep an eye on that. At the moment it's impossible to even hazzard a guess about how much will be open. If the temps fluctuate as predicted it will be snowing at 2,600m off and on for the next couple of weeks, although more likely to be switching between rain and snow at lower levels. Some years the whole area is open in December and some years not. sorry not to be more helpful. One snag is that we can't see above the Cretes from the village and it's too far to walk to have a looksee!

As you may spot from the Snow Reports thread there will be some other Snowheads around when you first get in. Do go on my website for my phone number and give me a bell - we can meet up to say hello. Very Happy

If you have any specific questions do feel free to PM me.

charlotte
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy