Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage

Poster: A snowHead
The first usage: will it work? Then you get the bleep, barrier raises and away you go! Must admit to 'ducking' as I went under the first few times! I was going to stop and check my clearance, but never did. I am surprised that there isnt a proper warning machanism that would give you a audible or visual indication. At least one had chains, and I never heared a ching.

At one peage, an operator was moving something in the next lane, saw my British car, hand waving shaking head, I thought I was too high, but was trying to tell me it was a Telepeage lane. When I showed her the badge, smiled and waved me though!

It's a gadget, saves time faffing with money or CC's, waking up the passenger (if you have one) or having to unbuckle your seatbelt to lean accross to get the ticket or pay. At quiet time saves a few minutes, at busy times can save a lot. Travelling on my own, it makes it so much easier.

Re the overheight issue, remember there are dual purpose lanes as well.

1) Reserved for Telepeage (height restricted).
2) Dual purpose lanes. (Telepeage plus cash or CC) no height restriction.
3) Standard lanes. No height restriction, usually manned. But worse case, you can still hand over the unit and it still saves using cash.

Must go, only 4 more hours before more ski-ing......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BMF_Skier, A bit more practice and you will be able to roll through in 2nd gear Toofy Grin No stopping or ducking, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
Has anyone else had a delivery problem with SANEF? A friend submitted their details on line with cc details etc on December 16th, is still awaiting delivery but charges have appeared on their credit card on December 16th!

UPdated.

With a little help from Google Language tools e-mails have been exchanged, the good old Royal Mail returned Peage box on December 18th as undeliverable?
Maybe because one part of the post code was missing rolling eyes
New one being sent in the post today Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
VERY useful thread guys. Have just ordered from the Liber-T site seemed to accept my (UK) Natwest Mastercard no problem. Grand Voyager + Top box is well over 2m but hope to use the 'mixed' lanes when necessary at half term. Going again at Easter with less passengers so won't need top-box. looking forward to reduced queing and the fun of using the new toy! Madeye-Smiley snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AxsMan, With sanef you get an access code and password and afterwards you can download your trip from their website Toofy Grin
Sad I know but its a bloke thing Toofy Grin
I reckon it knocks about 20 mins of the trip each way, useful when you sit on the M25 staionery for an hour and 15mins on your way back home Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BernardC wrote:
....... Santa arrived early with Paris-Rhine-Rhone device ...... just 11 euro for me to Northern Ireland.....! Puzzled

....still who's arguing..... Very Happy

....just in time for testing on TUESDAY ...... Very Happy snowHead

..... however, they tried to trick me as our beloved French cousins usually do. My unique Numero d'Abonne is required to log-on to my account on their website. Alastair, told me that this number comes with the unit - which it did - a 7 digit number. Unfortunately the website requires a 12 digit number....!

....but their trickery didn't catch me out this time, not for long anyway, as I now know that the 7 digit number, has to be preceeded by the numbers '25009', making up the 12 digit number ...... Toofy Grin

Score ...... 1 - 0 to me (for now - but they ALWAYS win.....bo-hoo! )

How did you figure out that you needed to add the 25009? should I add the same? Puzzled (am I being dumb, again?) Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AxsMan, ......
Quote:

How did you figure out that you needed to add the 25009? should I add the same?

....note sure if it was some sort of on-line tutorial, or some sort of printed example in the bumf with the unit.....

Initially, following the alarm of five missing digits, my blood pressure soared like an eagle, momentarilly, as I have had a 20+ year battle of wills with French written instructions, Maries, 24 hour Diesel Pumps (I must confess to actually beating a 24 hour pump that wasn't, with a cured sausage, when briefly incandescent with rage - 'The 1999 Incident') and building tradespersons ....... (I do love our French cousins dearly though and have lived amongst them and now season there each year, for more punishment & remission of past sins.)

.....anyway back to the issue at hand.....if you are short five digits in your unique Numero d'Abonne, try prefixing with 25009, otherwise scour every piece of paper that came with the unit for those elusive scarlet numbers, if that fails then do likewise with the website and if that fails, take my advice and find a suitable corner and just weep....... Toofy Grin

boredsurfin, ...... I had an unexpected recall home, as my wife broke her arm, but I am preparing my Tardis for a return soon - hope to catch up with you in February..... snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC wrote:
I must confess to actually beating a 24 hour pump that wasn't, with a cured sausage, when briefly incandescent with rage

Laughing Laughing Laughing Are you related to John Cleese?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC, Laughing Laughing Laughing you are like a good wine Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BernardC, Class answer! Thanks Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update - Unit arrived today all looks fine. The must have changed their documentation because my Refernce abonne is 12 digits and begins 25009 so no problems there. 1st challenge was logging into the website because they tell you to enter your ref no and a password of your postcode. they DONT tell you that the postcode must be uppercase with no spaces! after four attempts I logged in!

BernardC, One thing I'm not clear about, they have sent me what appears to be a standing order mandate 'Autorisation de Prelevement d'office' which is obviously designed for a french bank account. Since I registered with a credit card I assume I can just ignore this and not send it back in the envelope provided?

Looking forward to trying out the new Gadget on the trip down Feb 10th. Did you guys fix your to the windscreen as suggested in the instructions or leave it 'loose' on the dash to avoid thievery? Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AxsMan, we fixed our to the windscreen, but only the holder, the unit itself can still be removed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AxsMan wrote:
Did you guys fix your to the windscreen as suggested in the instructions or leave it 'loose' on the dash to avoid thievery? Very Happy

I would fix where suggested. They do not work well when waved around inside the car because of the interference to radio waves apparently .. hence that funny block by your mirror ( may just be on French cars though) .. opening window and waving outside is a pain and cold !

Don't worry about thievery. The French much more likely to burn your car than take that unit. Doesn't get stolen even out of convertible left unlocked in the Summer .. too easy to chase down.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Agenterre, Thanks both. That's what I thought. It wasn't really the French I was worried about, it was more the 'dumb Brit tea leafs' who might mistake the holder for a satnav bracket and break in to the car looking for it. I lost a satnav to some smash and grab parasite last year and don't want to have the grief of window replacement etc again. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
......aah......just a word of caution Helen, & Agenterre, .......

Regretably these devices may be a targeted by persons of dubious parentage in ski resorts. The French are a very honest race, but there are a lot of other peoples in ski resorts. There was an incident some two weeks ago in the 'long-term' car park of Plagne Bellcote, where two cars windows were broken and Telepeages among other items, were nicked.

The holder on the windscreen is a good indication that there is a unit in the vehicle & it's free peage home for the 'nicker'. Not sure how widespread it is but the two in Plagne Bellcote were nicked late week rather than a Saturday, when the owners would know they were missing and have them blocked. Since then I keep mine on the dashboard while driving - the LandRover dash seems high enough.

AxsMan, Glad you got the 12 digits......they must like you.... Toofy Grin Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the're not out to get me.... Toofy Grin The 'Prelevement' is probably part of the standard pack - if you registered with your credit card and paid for your unit with it, then your card will be debited. I did notice their preference for transferring customers to bank, direct debit (Prelevement) as they seem to have real problems when customers credit cards expire - one to remember ......! Just picture the nightmare .....half-term holidays some year in the future ......car & driver ambles gently & smugly past the 50km queues to the Telepeage booth ....... cock-a-hoop that the other mere cash paying mortals have to fume, wait & fume some more........the telepeage 'beep' awaited like a bugle fanfare is suddenly as silent as the grave.....no 'beeps' today or evermore ......oh poo-poo..! Credit Card has expired. Cue 'Last words of driver' ..... as telepeage now very large & unexpected queue, lynch mob... hang driver high, well 2 metres high anyway on the 2 metre barrier......

....it could be you....!

... but it will probably be me.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
BernardC, ..incredible , only Brits could be that dumb I would have thought.

Literally never had ours stolen in convertibles and others (we have 3 units) for over 10 + years , much of which parked in marinas/ tourist car parks and the like .. daft
snow report
One quick point on the holder. Car parked facing into sun sticky bit heats up - no longer sticky Sad
Now held on by sticky velcro Confused

My french isn't good enough to get another holder Laughing Sad

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 26-01-07 11:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Agenterre, ...... the evolution of species is indeed a mystery ...... & there are a lot of 'Cerebrally Challenged' folk out there... Laughing
ski holidays
BernardC wrote:
Agenterre, ...... the evolution of species is indeed a mystery ...... & there are a lot of 'Cerebrally Challenged' folk out there... Laughing

Most snowbaorders wear helmets Laughing

Ducks and runs for cover Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin, SoF sun, many years .. no problem with sticky bits ... suggest kids have been bored ...ergghh .. without surfing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Agenterre, I thought it was odd, but, I hesistate to post this, my front number plate fell off after being parked facing the the sun Laughing . I guess the freeze thaw effect up the mountain is not good for adhesives Shocked
snow conditions
boredsurfin, ....... you probably forgot about that steel water hydrant getting in the way first..... Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, ...very impressed, a car which is environs-specific, afraid I've only got French, German and Jap-crap vehicles and never owned a polar-produced vehicle .. Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
ski holidays
In the adhesives defence it was last year after the 3 hour crawl around Lyon becuase some snow had fallen Laughing We followed a plough for a while and the front of the car got sprayed with Ethanol or whatever the liquid is they spray out the back so I guess that explins the plate dropping off! Can't explain the peage thing unless it's where I change it from one car to the other Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, ......always have the sun at your back ......

....... then when you draw, the sun will be in the gunslingers eyes........ Toofy Grin

.....unless of course it's snowing at the time... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ordered my telepeage badge today, pretty simple process, just hope it arrives before the mad rush of fri 9 feb.
ski holidays
Hi,

Thanks to the great advice on this forum, ordered the telepeage thingy from sanef last monday. It arrived last friday.

I know that most of the telepeage lanes are for cars (Classe 1) which have to be less than 2m in height. There are also lanes for trucks to use, but these are a different class (presumably a higher price as well).

Does anyone know if you can use the truck lanes if your car is over 2m in height? Is the gadget in the car set for Classe 1?

Many thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ibexman, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

As far as I know Telepeage is only available to car's. The 2m height is enforced on most (but not all) lanes by dangling chains and/or a sign, past this there is a steel beam! Presumably to protect the badge reading equipment. Toofy Grin
snow report
Thanks for the welcome snowHead

I'd better ditch the top box then Cool
ski holidays
ibexman, Welcome to snowHead 's. I'll be fitting the top box this weekend, no way to get 6 people plus skis,boards and luggage in the car without. I am (hopefully) reliably informed that you can use the telepeage tranceiver in the 'mixed lanes' which are not limited to 2m. Hope this is true! Shocked
snow conditions
AxsMan, ibexman, Last trip at Christmas I did notice that some of the Credit card lanes are now marked as Telepeage as well, so hopefully you will be OK. Confused

I was told by a bloke in the bar that the 2m signs are actually hanging at 2.5m but do you wanna risk it Shocked
snow report
boredsurfin, Yes I've seen them, and it says on the docs that came with the 'badge' that mixed lanes are available for vehicles with roof loads. (Of course you never know till you try.....)
snow report
AxsMan, wrote
Quote:
boredsurfin, Yes I've seen them, and it says on the docs that came with the 'badge' that mixed lanes are available for vehicles with roof loads

I wrote
Quote:
Re the overheight issue, remember there are dual purpose lanes as well.

1) Reserved for Telepeage (height restricted).
2) Dual purpose lanes. (Telepeage plus cash or CC) no height restriction.
3) Standard lanes. No height restriction, usually manned. But worse case, you can still hand over the unit and it still saves using cash.
This is acurate, just been through them.
just pick your lanes.....

Dont believe the Reserved are 2.5 mtrs though......
ski holidays
BMF_Skier, Well done, I couldn't remember if I had read that here or somewhere else Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, the ones at the last toll booth before calais is most definitely 2m, although some further south were higher.
ski holidays
BMF_Skier, Thanks for the refresher! Very Happy Since our top box takes the car to about 2.3 m, and it will have all our skis in it, don't think I'll be risking it on this trip. Shocked

When we go at easter should be able to get away without the box, so can queue jump all the way to Les Arcs snowHead
snow report
I'm trying to order one of these passes at the minute, but I've run into a problem. When completing the form it asks for the country and offers a drop down menu. I can't find the UK, England or such, on the list. Am I blind, stupid or just missing something here?
latest report
Ignore the last. I didn't know what GB was in french, do now.
ski holidays
Can someone start a thread on how to AVOID speeding fines in France ( very few GATSOs) but I got done again today on my way to L2A , obviously suggesting staying inside the speed limit may just fall on stoney ground ;; Darn it, Damn it ...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy