Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage

Poster: A snowHead
andyph, no monthly fee .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plus €30 deposit on the box.
and cash back or tesco points etc on your CC.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, fair point. Mind you, use the wrong credit card and it would swallow that €2 pretty easily.

Boredsurfing, ditto, but TP paid from Tesco credit card.

Dammit, I always knew people talking about TP would spoil the party. Time to start flying again...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
but you get the 30€ back of you ever decide to return it. But why would you want to ? .
I have a different experience though, travelling in July with loads of Dutch and Germans on the road. . Main Lyon péage , including credit card lanes was at a standstill, we managed to squeeze past (no mean feat in our x-trail) the traffic queues to the empty telepéage lane.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyph,
Quote:

Dammit, I always knew people talking about TP would spoil the party. Time to start flying again

'Fraid so, we're flying at easter rather than drive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing wrote:
andyph,
Quote:

Dammit, I always knew people talking about TP would spoil the party. Time to start flying again

'Fraid so, we're flying at easter rather than drive.

You can still use it when flying Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Has anyone had to exchange their unit yet due to dead batteries. We'll be travelling this Friday night and this'll be the fourth season I've had my tele' and not sure how long the batteries will last. Shouldn't be to busy, so reversing out of the tp lane with french drivers shouting abuse at the 'stupid foreign' driver shouldn't be to embarrassing, but still like to know how others have got on?

Just bumping thread to see if anyone had an further experience with their batteries!?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tatty, no, ours is still working fine, and has been since October 2005.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, I'm really quite surprised at how long everyone's seem to be lasting so far!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're worried why don't you go use booth where you can also take a ticket when you start your journey?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, yep - good idea. You have an extra year on mine so should be ok - cheers!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mines still going strong after five years as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone know of a bleeper that will work on both french and italian peage boths ?
If so, a link to site would be really helpful.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi All

Does anybody know if the devices can be re-activated after a long period of inactivity?

I have a Paris Rhin Rhone Liber-t but have not used it for 3 years so I am sure that the credit card that was charged under the service has expired.

I am planning to drive in France this Summer and next Winter so it would be good to get the device working again or have it replaced.

Thanks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CP, give them a call, they will probably need to send you out a form to complete. SANEF usually automatically send one just before the card expires . Alternatively, send it back, and apply for another one.

Wayne, they're totally different I think.
snow report
Wayne, The EU is working on an EU wide acceptance protocol - so don't hold your breath!
ski holidays
CP, As Helen Beaumont suggests, it may be easier to send it back and apply for a new one. I had to update mine with a new card a couple of years ago when my old card was stolen - it was a real pain. For me, it would have been much simpler and quicker to just get a new one.
snow conditions
Tatty, Sanef have been ok when I have had to update my card, they sent me a form to complete automatically. But not sure about APRR . Have you checked out their website?
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Yes - I am with APRR. It was probably only because my card was stolen that it got difficult as I actually had to try to stop and cancel that one first - it wasn't a natural expiry
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Thanks for the suggstion - my spoken French will not be up to telephone conversation. However we have a French exchange student staying with us in 2 weeks time, I may have a little job for him and a package to post when he gets home :^)
snow report
Tatty, Ours failed this year in December - I think it was about four or five years old - we just kept trying at the first couple of places we came to and then came to one toll that had the office so OH went in and got a new one. This was in a different region from the old one and with the new one its linked to our French bank account rather than a credit card. Good thing in our case as we had a robbery in January and all the cards had to be cancelled, except anything to do with the French bank account as none of those were around to be stolen. We still have the old gadget and it does need to be sent back.

Luckily when the original one failed to work in December it was not a busy time so we didn't cause any embarrassing hold ups for people behind us!
snow conditions
Pamski, Ah, so you did not experience a slow beep that Boredsurfing mentioned may possibly occur as the batteries get low?
snow report
Tatty, no, I don't think we heard any slow beeps. Just trying to think back, as we would have used it in September on the way home and then we didn't have another trip by car till December, and it just didn't work from the off that time.

This has reminded me that we should dig out the old one and return it.
snow conditions
just been catching up on telepeage heights as taking a trailer on boxing day. the height is 2.2m so now know i will fit under - thanks to Chrysler with Roofbox driver. i have just obtained my 'widget' from ALIS - it is free with no monthly charge, you do need a french bank acc. so now looking forward to going thro the fast lane from Lyons onwards to Montchavin (Bourg) as last year on boxing day ot took hours and hour and hours!!! Cool
ski holidays
i can now confirm that i took a trailer to the Alpes and back and it is just over 2.2m and it will go under the car reserve peage, albeit you must slow down as it does hit the chains or the bottom of sign which i hasten to add conveniently bends out of the way as there is a ram behind it.
latest report
Bump

Anyone on Sanef with a telepeage 'tag' that is 5 years old or older can now stop at any Sanef sales point and swap it for a new super slim micro tag free of charge Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy