Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage

Poster: A snowHead
gsb - no, mine's not arrived yet. It's got 8 sleeps to do so, otherwise it'll be spending the winter in London!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I ordered one from Autoroutes Paris Rhin Rhone when I read this thread - Wed 22nd. Cheaper than Sanef, at €10 for the unit and €1 for each month it gets used. The website says 'French cards only' but it accepted my Nationwide Visa card quite happily.

It arrived yesterday Very Happy . €13.10 postage!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair, Laughing Thanks
http://www.parisrhinrhone.com/v_ang/clients/abonnement.asp Clearly states in English that you need a French bank account rolling eyes That's why I went to SANEF Sad and paid more !!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair, a bargain then. Boredsurfin, just got round to measuring the car+roofbox. It's 2.07m Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, You need heavier passengers wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shocked Helen Beaumont in too tall shocker!!!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, you;ll be first one for the push off my next chairlift ride. wink .
boredsurfin, none of my lot could be considered in the slightest bit lardy, maybe I should take the Lardy gang instead.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, But have you measured the height when car fully loaded with all your gear? It must go down more than 7mm.

Edited

Helen Apologies if that was a stupid question

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 30-11-06 13:30; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gsb, of course not, but we will do.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair, ....which 'Option' did you buy? The discounted multi-journeys appear to be for those under 100km

......and did you buy the unit on-line on this site?

....... - I can't seem to find a link to purchase one of these "Queue Deliverance & guranteed to put heap-big-smile-on-face cards" .......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
.......all revealed upon further investigation..... Very Happy

...the link was to the English version of the site.....where in fact, it is only possible to purchase on-line through the French version and then only the basic package of the service, as per Alastair,'s post ....

I am now the proud owner of said Gadget ......and await delivery by Santa and his helpers....... Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gsb, except it's 70mm not 7mm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, It definately was stupid then and that was before I went to the pub. Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Two days ago I got a letter from Sanef saying that they don't accept VISA - even though they let me pay for the badge thing using VISA on the internet.

Today I go a badge through the post.

Beaureaucarcy - don't you just love it wink

I'll let you know whether it works when I try to use it...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
....... Santa arrived early with Paris-Rhine-Rhone device ...... just 11 euro for me to Northern Ireland.....! Puzzled

....still who's arguing..... Very Happy

....just in time for testing on TUESDAY ...... Very Happy snowHead

..... however, they tried to trick me as our beloved French cousins usually do. My unique Numero d'Abonne is required to log-on to my account on their website. Alastair, told me that this number comes with the unit - which it did - a 7 digit number. Unfortunately the website requires a 12 digit number....!

....but their trickery didn't catch me out this time, not for long anyway, as I now know that the 7 digit number, has to be preceeded by the numbers '25009', making up the 12 digit number ...... Toofy Grin

Score ...... 1 - 0 to me (for now - but they ALWAYS win.....bo-hoo! )
latest report
PhillipStanton, I am waiting to see too.
BernardC, keep us posted.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, I paid Sanef by Visa and they charge all the charges to my visa card Confused
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, and all interested parties........,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead

Worked like a dream....... approach 'Tele' in Presidential fashion ....... slow down enough approaching barrier to give royal wave to any watching bystanders/fans ......device 'beeps' - barrier lifts ....... exit stage left...........

......... I presume they will bill my account ....... Toofy Grin
snow report
BernardC, excellent news. What about the height limits?
snow conditions
Helen, ......... TWO metres quoted, practically all with steel barriers and chains hanging down to enforce this (This is on motorways from Lyons to Moutiers by the way) ...... I only came across one that I noticed with no height restriction, which was used by HGV's.
ski holidays
We have had a telepeage tag for 2 years now and we would not be without it. It must save 20-30 minutes on the peages around Lyon alone.
latest report
hey guys, my french isn't superb unfortunately and I'm abit swamped by this, I fancy grabbing a box to make my journey from cambridge to serre chevalier alittle easier, however not quite sure what I'm doing

will one box cover the whole peage right the way down and is there anyone who can read and write french that could give me a little idiots guide to how to get one ordered?

sorry but thanks in advance

james
ski holidays
Well I just had a French test on the Paris-Rhine-Rhone web site. I managed to order a Liber-t Balade sans facture papier - I understand the last 3 words but what is the Balade? I hope I have ordered the right one as it seemed there was no choice.
snow conditions
CP, A balade is 'literally' a walk, romp or a stroll (afaik) as in leisurely walk .. post us the link and I'll try and work out what you've done .. or I'm being dim (again!)

Edit - just checked it out .. it's just product branding as in 'Liber-T Balade' ... so a very casual user !
snow report
CP, Balade is the right one if you only expect to use it occasionally - you pay a €1 charge for each month you use it, but not the rest of the time.
snow conditions
Sandy77uk, If you follow the link above there seems to be an English version .. pm me if you need help with any franglais but what CP ordered is correct afaik .. I'm with a different company so not an expert
latest report
Thanks for confirming that I purchased the right one. My French is very rusty and I could not work out what the Balade bit meant.

This will be a blessing as my co-pilot is only 11, he sits in the back of the car playing games, reading and watching DVD's. When we get to a peage I have to lean across the passenger seat or get out to pay.

Just thought!! Do we still have to take a ticket when entering a zone or this automated as well?
snow report
Sandy77uk wrote:
will one box cover the whole peage right the way down and is there anyone who can read and write french that could give me a little idiots guide to how to get one ordered?james

I've not used mine yet, (10 days and counting), but they will work throughout the French Telepeage system. You dont need one per region.

try the following site http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2036&highlight=telepeage

In the thread, are the following instructions, they worked for me:--
To sign up is not difficult. You need a UK credit card if you live in the UK. (You can call in at one of their boutiques on the motorway and change to a French CB later if you want).

Click on Particuliers et Professionels.

On the left click on Souscrire, then click on Souscrire en ligne, click the ad on the right "Offres", you might have to click again on Souscrire en ligne. At sometime you will have to click a button for societe or particulier, the latter is what you click for an individual.

Eventually you will get a choice of three forms of joining. The most commonly used is Formule mensuelle. This is €30 refundable deposit for the transponder and a charge of €2 per month, only for the months in which you use the card. Your charges for motorway use are then billed monthly to your credit card.

Then fill in the details of who you are, address etc., and your transponder will be on it's way.

It's much easier than it sounds and at least online there is no hurry and plenty of time to look up a word in the dictionary.

Good luck
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sandy77uk, Used my new telepeage at xmas and even swmbo thinks my new gadget is worth having. I ordered mine from Sanef, it took about 10 days to arrive.
snow report
CP, You never have to take a ticket ... but do make sure you use the telepeage lane !!
ski holidays
Agenterre, Thanks I will ensure I pick the right lane.
snow report
BMF_Skier, you sir are a gentlemen and a scholar Smile

glad to hear all you guys are getting them and they are living upto the hype Smile *bimbles off to order his*
latest report
Well true to form my Liber-t device arrived yesterday from Paris-Rhine-Rhone. I used my UK Nationwide credit card so it is nonsense that you have to have a French card for payment.

Now all I have to do is wait for end of March to use it in anger on our trip from Salisbury to Villaroger ( Les Arcs ).

snowHead
latest report
Has anyone else had a delivery problem with SANEF? A friend submitted their details on line with cc details etc on December 16th, is still awaiting delivery but charges have appeared on their credit card on December 16th!
latest report
boredsurfin, no, ours was delivered within 5 days maximum.
snow report
boredsurfin, I think mine took about 9-10 days. I received a letter confirming the order within a couple of days, then being impatient after 5 days I phoned them, fortunately the lady I spoke to had better english than my french and confirmed that it had been posted. Hopefully it shouldn't have got lost as mine had to be signed for at this end.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 18-01-07 9:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Got mine within a week.

Worked OK, on the way down. No reason why it wont work on the way back. 2m barriers are what they say. My car actually 1.99 m, pretty close to the max.

Hey ho......
snow conditions
gsb, just put mine through the letter box. OUr postman often does that with 'signed for' mail from France. Strange though, he didn't even boter to knock on the door with the parcels over Christmas, just put the card through.
ski holidays
BMF_Skier, some of the ones further south had barriers higher than 2m, but we didn't risk it,as we were definitely over this time. Maybe not in March though.
latest report
BMF_Skier, mine is 1.93 (or 97) m, and given that I live in France I do sometimes 'shut my eyes' when driving at the barriers quickly --- they must be 2m +a smidgeon as I haven't hit one (yet!!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy