Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage

Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller, The ones on the right are for trucks (as i recall) and have no height limit. The left hand ones have the dangly plastic chains, the Steel Barrier MUST be well over 2m but at 2.2 I would take the first one VERY slowly snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Axsman, Cheers. I'll let you know in 2 weeks if I have a convertible wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, I had Mrs Axs step out of the car and watch me through the first time, much to the 'amusement' of les Francais Madeye-Smiley

The most fun is when they all start waving at you that you are in the 'wrong' lane, (ie the telepeage lane) when they see your brit plate. It's moderately satisfying to hear that beep and see the barrier lift Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Axsman wrote:
It's moderately satisfying to hear that beep and see the barrier lift Toofy Grin

Boy, oh boy, don't you have to get close to hear the beep Shocked . Moderately? I cry with happiness everytime Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ooh I wouldn't risk it thefatcontroller, queue up with the normal people Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, yes, I do find it very hard to resist the temptation to drop below 50 on the approach. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Surely it must make a difference which credit card you use re cost. Which one do you use? Nationwide is the only one I know of that doesn't charge every time you use it for Euro purchases. Is this right because if so I shall apply for one. Have got their Flexaccount already.

I don't know of any credit card which does charge a "transaction fee" on purchases - but almost all do on "cash advances". Tolls shold count as purchases, so it is just the exchange rate which matters.

Nationwide do have a good rate (and I always use my NW debit card for cash), but I haven't noticed much difference between my NW card and my Abbey credit card when making purchases.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Axsman wrote:
Have been through all Telepeage between Calais and the alps with Grand Voyager and fitted top box. Plastic chains just touched the box, but no trouble at all. Must have been over 2m as the car alone is 1.85. was nervous going through the first one, but after that - Toofy Grin

I keep looking at the Credit Card lanes and thinking we'd get through - again just chains dangling - as we are in Sharan with roofbox. Mind you, in mid-Jan there is rarely any queues to speak of!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our Telepeage is with Sanef. Had some offers through on a mailer from them. Anyone able to translate please and explain the offers? Thanks

http://www.parrainagelibert.fr/parrainage/index.php
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, on my slow dialup I can't look at those links, but "parrainage" is usually one of those "introduce a friend" sort of offers, I think. Do you have any? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Ah well, no friends, (well 2 dogs at my feet at the moment who pretend to be my friends so long as I take them for a walk now) so thats one for the delete file Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman wrote:
thefatcontroller, I had Mrs Axs step out of the car and watch me through the first time, much to the 'amusement' of les Francais Madeye-Smiley

The most fun is when they all start waving at you that you are in the 'wrong' lane, (ie the telepeage lane) when they see your brit plate. It's moderately satisfying to hear that beep and see the barrier lift Toofy Grin

Dangley bits and the 2m riddle..................... Puzzled

1.92m Disco, roof bar and ski carriers........estimated 2.4m passed under the dangly bits and 2m only sign with ease last week? Each to their own but I think the telepeage makes life so much easier.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, No it doesn't they are a dreadful invention and should not be used at all especially during school holiday periods in France. After all the credit card lanes are quicker and there are lots more credit card lanes than telepeage ones. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TheFatController glad to hear it all worked well for you! Very Happy

Boredsurfing, wink Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, Axsman, There is one on the way back up near Reims that has no dangly bits and did look dangerously close to 2m Shocked . Mrsfatcontroller hadn't noticed and was driving. I did wince as we went under it.
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Bet you couldn't help ducking your head as well! Laughing
ski holidays
Axsman, Not sure, I was to busy looking for the button that drops the height on the Disco.......... Shocked Laughing
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, No it doesn't they are a dreadful invention and should not be used at all especially during school holiday periods in France. After all the credit card lanes are quicker and there are lots more credit card lanes than telepeage ones. Toofy Grin
How can having to stop to use a CC be quicker than a simple drive through? Puzzled
BoredsurfingI'm starting to think you are trying to put people off using them. Shocked
On the route I travel, to the areas beyond Chambery, I've seen many queues at the pay booths and CC booths, none ever at the TP booths. On the other hand, its probably better that we dont encourage people to get one or we may get queues! wink
snow conditions
BMF_Skier, of course he is, we want to keep those telepeage lanes nice and empty...... wink
ski holidays
well they weren't empty tonight, on the way down the A40 from Chamonix towards Geneva there were big queues, at all the lanes, including the telepeage lanes. I was going the other way so I had no problem. snowHead I did think, though, that this is something which ski weekenders need to think about. Getting back to Geneva airport on a Sunday night after lift-closing time is likely to be a slow journey. And it's just a very low-season weekend.
latest report
BMF_Skier, wink
latest report
Great News the Reims Southern by pass is on schedulre and will open as planned in 2011 Very Happy
http://www.a4csr-sanef.com/spip.php?rubrique1
latest report
Boredsurfing, Another 4-5 minutes shaved of the trip Confused Laughing Will you be able to take your motabilty scooter on it?....................... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
BernardC,
Quote:

.... all ... "Happy Telepeage Electronic Device Owners" ... do remember to check the units' batteries for constant life ...

They are supposed to last a long time, 2-3 years, depending on use I suppose, but they do run out .....

.... It would be very if it didn't bleep at the barrier ....

It's getting to the stage where I am beginning to wonder about the battery power on my unit. Does anyone know if it's possible to open the unit and change the batteries myself without wrecking it, or is there a way to test them before experiencing the embarrassment of having to reverse out of the lane when the barrier refuses to budge!
snow report
good question Tatty, I'll be interested in the answer. Maybe there's some way of having them tested at one of the "aires" that has a telepeage office thing. I might ask, next time I'm passing through (though come to think of it, that'll be this Sunday, and I doubt if they'll be open)
snow report
pam w, did you manage to ask at one of the stations!?
snow conditions
More to the point have the fixed the detector on the Calais homeward bound side, in August it was out of line and we had to wave the box out of the window for it to register, the rest in France were all fine, just that one playing up. Or is it meant to be like that to give le Flics time to pull you over for your speeding fine?
latest report
Also remember that when your credit card expires so does the Telepeage tag as happened to me earlier this year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fogliettaz, SANEF usually send you a form in the post to fill in your new card details before this happens.
snow conditions
If they did I must have overlooked it, signed up to 2011.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Fogliettaz, SANEF usually send you a form in the post to fill in your new card details before this happens.

Got one 2 months ago, filled in and sent back. Very impressed Cool
ski holidays
Quote:

did you manage to ask at one of the stations

no, sorry - I drove it in one hit and was not for wasting time - and I thought they'd be shut. But I'll try on the way back, or when I go into Geneva on Weds.
snow conditions
Has anyone had to exchange their unit yet due to dead batteries. We'll be travelling this Friday night and this'll be the fourth season I've had my tele' and not sure how long the batteries will last. Shouldn't be to busy, so reversing out of the tp lane with french drivers shouting abuse at the 'stupid foreign' driver shouldn't be to embarrassing, but still like to know how others have got on?
snow report
mac, I have had my box way longer than that and the batteries are still going strong and we use it 7/8 trips a year.
There is anecdotal evidence that it bleeps slowly as it dies to allow you time to find a sales office and get it changed. until you find one simply hand the box to a cashier and they scan the barcode on it and off you go.
There are so many Brits with TP's now there were q's in the TP lanes coming back at New Year so if you have to hand it in the time will be the same Sad
snow conditions
Quote:

There are so many Brits with TP's now there were q's in the TP lanes coming back at New Year so if you have to hand it in the time will be the same

Shocked I think that we need to stop discussing this now or it may become quicker to use the cash lanes! rolling eyes

Quote:

There is anecdotal evidence that it bleeps slowly as it dies

Anyone else head this bleep? Obviously it would be useful if there was some sort of warning like that.
snow conditions
Tatty,
Quote:

I think that we need to stop discussing this now or it may become quicker to use the cash lanes!

At some places it was quicker (and cheaper) to use the credit card lanes.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, no queues when we came back, you should avoid the Tarentaise wink
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Laughing Lord knows what it will be like around February half term Skullie
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, fortunately, I no longer need to travel at half-term.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
and cheaper to use the credit card lanes.

How so?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy