Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski gliding the Eiger

Poster: A snowHead
Very impressive. It looks like an accident waiting to happen as he/she is not far off the ground, but he/she lands it with ease.

I have never been comfortable with the idea of hang gliding, parapenting etc. It seems no bother to get them launched and in the air, but what happens after that would worry me.

http://youtube.com/v/Ut1kGmOhzWQ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done parapenting as a passenger. Great fun!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Holy Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My mountain biking partner is into parapenting.

I'm told that the Para-skier thing needs exceptional wing control to do at all. That Eiger run looks pretty hairy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is this person bouncing down the mountain deliberately or are they too lardy to get airborne? I wouldn't want to be hire those skis the following week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, I think they are staying close to the ground to gain speed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richmond, They're using a small kite aka
http://youtube.com/v/u156J537Eow&mode=related&search= that doesn't give you much of a glide angle. There are now a couple of resorts where you can learn and join in Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman wrote:
I've done parapenting as a passenger. Great fun!
Yes, same here. A bit expensive but worth it to do once. I got quite giddy when he did some tight circles, so I'm glad I wasn't in control! I did it at Tignes (skis on, of course), and we landed on the frozen lake - where did you do it?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*king hell! Looks well dodgy to me! Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
!!!!!

I need chocolate and a lie down after watching that. That's more frightening than a rusty old chairlift I once rode in the Ukraine.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are they doing it with a smaller parachute than usual (?), which might explain why they don't get very much off the ground.

As I said on another thread a while ago, Zeb - the guide we use every year - parapented off the highest peak on each continent (including Everest - from 20m below the summit).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like the safest way to get a good view of the north face... Shocked Skullie
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I remember when I was kid - in late 70s - a ski film where someone had added sort of batwings on his ski poles and made jumps of 10-15 metres from the ground without any bumps on the now really... Looked like fun.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sharkymark wrote:
Looks like the safest way to get a good view of the north face... Shocked Skullie
Especially with bits of it falling off now.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saw some people ski gliding last season in Les Arcs - It always looked as if they were going to catch the lift cables - frightening stuff
snow report
Seen it done before, but on wide open runs. That looked absolutely nuts, with hardly anywhere to land!
snow report
Charlatanefc, I misread your post initially.

I thought you wrote 'Seen it, done it before '

Respect.
ski holidays
stupid ...springs to mind....hope they have life assurance for there families
ski holidays
Latchigo, it was he who posted the video Toofy Grin
latest report
Latchigo, erm, you HAVE met me Wink

Sharkymark, You can shutup as well Razz
latest report
It doesn't look like the North Face I'd guess they started up at the top on the North Western side (it's actually possible for people to ski down from there to EigerGletscher if they have a good guide, then they look like they end up on the smaller cliffs that are above the punchbowl, given the winds that can blow arround there it took a lot of nerve to do that stunt
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy