Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you been to Les Carroz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well after all the advise on this site 2 months ago i have booked Les Carroz for the family this Christmas
and hopefully it will be a white one!!!!

Early signs are good cant stop looking at the webcam and it only 22nd of November!!!!!

So the question is, "Any tips, things to do, recommendations whilst we there?" from those who have been before

The Kids are 3 & 5 by the way, so ice climbing is out Laughing

Thanks in advance!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

We are going to Les Carroz for Xmas too, our kids are 4 and 6 so perhaps we can form our own creche?

Cheers,
Peter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CrowJersey, Hi we went for a long weekend a couple of years ago and liked it. Short, easy transfer from Geneva (hour or so) and at the end of March still had good snow. The village is pretty and a real village, with bars and cafes and shops. Where are you staying? The Arbaron was recommended to us but we went to Les Airelles (both small family-run hotels). The first is off the main road and Les Airelles backs onto an access piste with it's own drag lift, so great position, but pm me for other info! There was a bouncy thing in the main square that children loved - sort of a roundabut on boingy stretchy ropes! Yours may be too young but worth a look. Skiing was good too with access to Flaine although we never got there - plenty of other pistes for the time we were there.

Hope this is of some help. Have a lovely time - I think it's the type of place that could be lovely at Christmas for children. Met Check are forecasting snow for tonight too! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Like Anniepen i spent a long w/e there. The Ol has spent 2 or 3 long w/es there, aand is off again in Jan (I must put a stop to these independent long w/es) so it must be OK.

It struck me as a pretty quiet spot with not a lot happening; suited me fine. Decent enough restaurants, a few bars, no evidence of bouncing when we were there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went there for Xmas a few years back.

If they do it this year, your kids will love to see Santa taking off in a hot air balloon, from the nursery slopes in town, on Christmas Eve.
And then the procession through the town in the evening.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CrowJersey, & we had a lovely time there, it is a great place. For the kids I would say put the older one (& prthomas 6 yr old) into a class with Nouvelle Dimension

http://www.nouvelledimension.com/index_fr.htm

they seemed to have smaller classes & the kids apparently progress well. The creche is much improved, I am reliably informed and I think the ESF run it - I don't want to be rude about the old setup, but it was poor, a long way from the lifts & v.dingy. The new creche is more like a proper ski kindergarten & your 3 yr old & prthomas, 4 yr old will be better off here & might even get a go at skiing. There is someone on snowHead called Carroz - who gives great advice about the village & is far more up to date than me. good luck - oh & there is a wonderful cake shop on a left hand corner (going towards lifts) almost opposite intersport. Our kids loved going there after lessons!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have booked our 4 and 6 year old into Nouvelle Dimension (after recommendations from here) and also the Loupoits club (creche) for the afternoons.

rpft, the idea of cakes sounds very nice!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
prthomas, perfect - the the creche is the better one too, it used to be called the piou-piou club - much to the horror of my kids!! the cakes are amazing - they also sell something yummy & savory too. I just looked at the whizzy new carroz website & am feeling very envious!! we are going back to morillon in March (same ski area)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know too much about the creche/childrens facilities but am very happy to advise on restaurants, bars, ski schools etc
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are staying at the Bois de la Char - bottom of the slope that gets floodlit - extra skiing for me Little Angel

I'm a bit confused with the ski schools now

Is the Poiu Poiu still operating but has had a face lift? see my 3yr old isnt 3 until January but hes a big lad that cant wait to try skiing or so he tells me, or is the Nouvelle the better one. as RPFT mentioned the new creche is a better one!!

I Just wish them just have fun together and i dont want to spilt them up
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CrowJersey, Nouvelle Dimension were more flexible, as we arrive on 23rd we wanted lessons from the 24th, but ESF morning lessons don't start until 25th and they were not very flexible, ND allowed us to book one afternoon for 24th and then mornings from then on, they booked the creche as well (the creche is the same regardless). However ND lessons start at 4 for skiing, which enables both my two to be together for the lessons rather than split between the flocon and poui poui if it was ESF. But your two may be better suited to both going to the p-p one. Give Nathalie a ring at ND as she is very helpful and speaks good english and she should be able to help.

One word of warning, both the ESF and ND websites are a bit rubbish for booking lessons on, they are complicated and in some cases just plain wrong (ie have courses and times which are not available). Although the ND website has a lot of details about Les Carroz (if you translate the french pages) and some nice photos of the last year classes for the kids.

We are staying in Chalet Coquelicot http://www.lescarrozski.com/page4.html which is in the Lachat part which I think is on the left of the town centre on the maps, although only a few minutes out.

If you are up for some trips or floodlight skiing then let me know, I haven't been for years although am raring to go and there is another person in our party who will also be up for it if you fancy some company.

Cheers,
Peter
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CrowJersey, have had a look at this and it is as confusing as it was 2 yrs ago. I think that the ESF piou-piou club is for small kids (3-5) who are introduced to skiing, but don't take part in the main medal scheme - where they are given a little book & work their way through the stages. The following link is from the esf main site.

http://www.esf.net/fr/cours-ski/club-piou-piou.php They do get a medal (!) but it is either a bear on a snowflake (called the ourson) or the snowflake (flocon) itself, if they qualify.

The Loupiats (I think) is where they are slightly older kids (4-12) doing the 1 star and onwards. Hope someone who knows about this can confirm it.

prthomas, you are v.lucky to be able to put both children in one class. though the meeting place for ND is v.close to the ESF.

really hope this info is correct. The dingy creche was called the green mouse - though 'carroz snowHead ' assured me it has gone!!

good luck
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They have a new creche building, near the lower part of the mgm complex. They were building it over the summer, and in Late august it looked nearly finished.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy