Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels - Zell Am See

Poster: A snowHead
Having decided (almost) on going to Zell (1st time), does anyone have any useful tips on any hotels there?

I've looked at the Hotel Traube which seems OK (3* HB), but would appreciate any input from anyone with experience.

Thanks

Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Grand hotel is very nice....I think that's where johnboy stayed.

The past couple of times I've been there, I've stayed in a youth centre (brilliant for teenagers, but probably not what you are looking for!!). I've also stayed in the Seehof in the summer - was a nice, family hotel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, thanks once again. The Grand looks fantastic! And it even has a suite, the Empress Elizabeth, named after you wink My only worry would the high expectations, following an introduction to skiing like that!

The Seehof looks about right, so will look into.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was certainly a pleasant place. I'm guessing it's about 5 mins walk from the lifts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, just about right for a preliminary stretch/warm up then Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed at the Lebzelter which is right on the main square and less than 5 minutes walk from the lifts so the perfect location.

It's a nice standard of hotel - not luxurious but perfectly adequate 3***. There is a cellar bar downstairs and a 'sports bar' at the front which both get busy so it's very sociable. Food was good, breakfast in particular! Evening meals were very traditionally austrian and were all very good.

The style of the hotel is traditional as it's a very old building but the rooms all had modern facilities.

HTH

D
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much Deliaskis, and welcome to snowHeads snowHead I think I noticed you register earlier today?

The Lebzelter also well looks worth further consideration (SO likes the look of it). Incase anyone else is interested, here's a link via Thomsons to the hotel and another here linking direct to their site.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark Hunter, We stayed in the Tirolerhof last Jan. Excellent food and a great "wellness centre" (swimming pool, jacuzzis, various saunas, and relaxation rooms)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a look at these (all very good)

www.salzburgerhof.at 5*
www.grandhotel.cc 4*
www.romantik-hotel.at 4*
www.hotel-stadtwien.at 4*
www.tirolerhof.co.at 4*
www.fisherwirt.com 4*
www.hotel-lebzelter.at 4*
St George 4* www.grossglockner.co.at
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
some 3* also good

www.steinerwirt.com
www.hotel-max.at
www.parkhotel-eder.at
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Traube is very cheap and cheerful - But I've head bad things about the food. Lebzelter is a lovely hotel, in fact all of the ones listed by Byron Gates are. The Grand is nice but quite glitzy and not so traditional (like the Tirolerhof). the Stadtwien has a fabulous spa area.

If you're looking for traditional, go for the Romantik!

The seehof is just off the main town square near the lake, a nice hotel but not as charming as some of the others.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed in the tirolerhof about 4 years ago and thought it was absolutely excellent - as good a ski hotel as I've stayed in. The wellness centre as sarah says is brilliant. Does Saalbach Hinterglemm not interest you? its right next door and a much more extensive ski area ... the transfer bus will most likely be serving Zell and Saalbach .... I was in saalbach this year and its the best all round resort I've been to.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Byron Gates, we are staying in the Steinerwirt for 3 nights on the 1st Feb (lardyboys Austrian outing).

I beleive it's just been refuribished? Looks well nice on their updated website.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Byron Gates, thanks for the links - very kind and much appreciated.

And indeed, thanks to everyone for their recommendations/experiences.

Adamski, if it was just about me, Saalbach would be the place. But I have a complete novice in the SO, so need to consider the "demands" of where we aim for. Besides, Zell seems like a nice place.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stayed at the Heitzmann in summer and it is lovely...4 star, great food and really friendly staff. Small bar & prices not too steep. Just situated of the (top) main road. 5 mins walk from the little gondala (sorry, can't rem the name - it WAS summer Embarassed ) and the bus station for the ski bus (also goes to Kaprun from there) Believe the owner of the hotel is a keen skier who arranges free day trips to 'locals' stashes and is full of inside info.
latest report
flugeryl, thanks. BTW,
Quote:
free day trips to locals stashes
? Sounds promising.... Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy