Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gondola rescue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looks like part of the commissioning of the new Gondola at St Anton involves testing the cabin evacuation procedure. If you've ever wondered how this would work see link below.

http://www.galzigbahn.at/e107_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=38.Neubau%20Galzigbahn%20Woche%2046

Its not particularly sophisticated !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sophisticated, but reassuringly simple and secure looking.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond wrote:
Not sophisticated, but reassuringly simple and secure looking.

When they try this procedure from Valugabahn1 (Cable Car) 400M above the Steißbachtal you may have second thoughts Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw an entire goldola system evacuated last (this) April in Alpe d'Huez - helicopters up and down for several hours, very impressive (unless you were one of the unfortunate ones stranded on the lift). Reassuring to know this new lift has been subject to testing as I hope to be using it in March ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, probably, but it's a better bet than spending the night up there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What really scares me is that this is the preferred means of rescue from a chairlift as well.

Not sure I fancy sitting around for several hours in deterioating weather waiting to be rescued. At least in a Gondola you're unlikely to die of hypothermia. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

What really scares me is that this is the preferred means of rescue from a chairlift as well.

what other options are there ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masmith, I was rather hoping to be winched up into a helicopter.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
See also http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=267489
The link from the first post still shows "lots of photos, of folks dangling".
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've seen a few resorts practice this.

tho' the funniest had to be Panarama in BC Canada. Ski staff in chairift had taken coffee, cake and magazines with them to avoid bordem, and i have a photo someplace of one of the guys being winched down, coffee in one hand, appearing to be still reading his magazine !.

Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
its come along way from the pictures a while back in its early building stages. The same as the Lauterbrunnen cablecar in the Bernese Oberland (valley below Wengen/Murren)

http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-1/6_read-6263/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy