Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stopovers

Poster: A snowHead
I know this has been done to death, and after a search on here, we have booked the Hotel B&B at Troyes for our trip down. Is there a restaurant nearby (I hate the thought of eating in a motorway place, soulless, even though the food is far better in the French ones). Also we want to drive a bit further north on our return (Reims or st quentin) as we still have a 6 hour drive in the UK). Many of our usual Logis Hotels are closed, or their restaurants are, the first week in January.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a Buffalo Grill (could be a clue to the menu) close to the B&B St Quentin. Sorry not been in there, but only because it was fully booked with queue (must say something) when we tried last year. V. unfortunately had to make do with a Mcdonalds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Found a couple of places in the centre of reims (aimed for the direction of the cathedral IIRC) but it was about 2am and we we're kancekered. Hadn't pre-booked just rocked up and it was about 50 eur each, which felt like a bargain...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, everywhere I've emailed seems to be shut (early January, and Sunday evening). gsb, if my hubby has to eat at McDonalds, I will be very unpopular.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
.... we have booked the Hotel B&B at Troyes for our trip down. Is there a restaurant nearby (I hate the thought of eating in a motorway place, soulless, even though the food is far better in the French ones).

In another thread
Colin B wrote wrote:
[/b], I always stop at Hotel B&B Troyes when I visit France in Summer or Winter. It has the standard 3 person rooms and family rooms with 4 beds on 2 levels. There is a Cote a Cote restaurant over the road.

Hope this is helpful.

BTW, from your post you've stayed at Logis, but what made you choose Hotel B&B rather than one of the other budget places?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm a bbhotel convert as well, following a reccomendation on snowHeads, their family rooms are a much better size than any other budget and the St Quentin BB has a family room that is L shaped so the kids have an area to themseves. Very Happy

The only dis -advantage is that there appears to be a a discount shoe warehouse nearby, fortunately we arrive late and leave early, so far..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Must be the room we have stayed in a few times. Have to see if we can have a snowHead message board Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, Theres a place in Reims called Hotel Bristol that is a logis de france & has a reasonable restaurant. Parking in underground carpark very easy too. Cant help with Troyes - have never stopped there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fraserp, the Logis hotels we usually stay at are either closed or full (not sure which) on the 27th December, also on our return it is Sunday night, and some of them are closed then too. It was a recommendation from here that made me choose the B&B,(I think from Snowskisnow). I have tried a couple of the other budget ones, but I wasn't impressed. There's also free wifi in the lobby, so I can post on Snowheads too.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, there's a Logis place in the Chalon-en-Champagne area that is open on Sundays (stayed there years ago). The kitchen closes on Sundays, so the landlord gives you a marvellous four course meal instead. It's just a bar and not a hotel. I might be able to remember it if I had the guide in front of me. It was some time ago so may have changed, but it hadn't changed for years before we stayed there, so there's no reason to think it'll have changed now. If it's not obvious from the guide, I could ask my Dad, he'd remember.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky, can;t see anything on the website. I should have a guide at home though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, no I can't see it either. Problem was it wasn't a usual stop for us and we were desperately looking for somewhere on a Sunday. I may have got the area wrong, but that's on the route we used to take. I'll ask.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Etap at Reims is situated right next to a buffalo grill, not perfect but some miles ahead of McD. It's one of their newer hotels and has served us well on a number of trips in the last 3 years.

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/frm_fiche_hotel.svlt?liste=1&code_hotel=3568&&productCodeBarReal=DBC&productCodeBarDateIn=DBC

Hope this helps
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all, notice I've been quoted above. Yes there is a Cote a Cote a couple of hundred metres away. It's not bad at all for a large french chain reataurant. I shall be stopping off there in February, both ways. I did find a restaurant called Le Sarrail which looked to be very good and close to the B&B from its website (which I can't find any more) if you want something more authentic.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are always after the 4 bed rooms and have never found a convenient stop between St Quentin and Calais. Nowadays we always stop in Calais and get on a breakfast ferry. That way the arrival at the ferry can be cut down to the wire and we get a bit more sleep and less waiting to get on the boat. IIRC there is a BandB in St Quentin.

Buffalo Grill is a typical chain restaurant. Popular with my kids, good value but not the place we would go to if we had a babysitter.
snow report
Colin B, thanks Colin. nessy, I have finally booked our normal Logis stopover (Auberge Champenois in Moussy near Epernay) for the outward journey, and as it is Sunday evening, and our normal hotels are closed a Campanile in Reims, with a restaurant.
latest report
The website for the restauarant La Sarrail seems to be working now. I haven't been but it looks to be good and pretty close on the map for anyone staying at B&B Troyes. Personally after driving all day I'm quite happy with a walk over the road, some cheap wine and steak frites. I'll probably make it in the summer instead.
ski holidays
We have used the following B & B for 3 Valleys clients needing an extra night before or after their holiday www.chaletverger.com - just above Albertville, and handy for Chambery or Annecy direction. They also can do dinner - family owned and run. Could be useful if you are stuck with flights and can't quite match accommodation
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy