Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sports Cross Over Summer - Winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone cross over to water ski/wakeboarding in the summer. I ski but love wakeboarding. Kinda strange because I should be a snowboarder Shocked Laughing

TP
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tp023, I cross-over to summer skiing! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing How did i know someone would say that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I cross over to mountain biking and surfing.

Biking is to keep me fit for the winter, surfing is to get the same feeling as I get from skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tried out wakeboarding this summer - loved it, but I don't snowboard (yet) and I can't afford to go wakeboarding at the moment - despite living on the south coast Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tp023, Yes, myself and a couple of mates started wakeboarding last year...we're hooked....so much so that we clubbed together and purchased a 2nd hand 18' speedboat....i think the snowboarding has certainly helped with technique...once you're up , out of the water anyway...

Where do you wakeboard then?...Chasewater or Tamworth?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joydivision, Tamworth & Church Wilne (just outside Nottingham) mostly. Been Wakeboarding for the last 5 years.

http://www.churchwilne.co.uk
http://www.ten-80.co.uk/

Just getting into Wakeskates at the moment. Hard but fun.

Where do you ski?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tp023, I wish I had discovered wakeboarding 5 years ago...we started towards the end of last summer, haven't had any lessons yet, so my standard is pretty poor....but i love it all the same....never realised how physical it is though..

last year we used a lake is a place called Aston Keynes, I think its near Cirencester, no facilities, but we always had the lake to ourselves.....this year we moored the boat up in Portland harbour, just outside Weymouth, which gave us the option of doing a bit of criusing in between wakeboarding sessions....we have had the odd session at Nene Valley, Northampton too.

I'm going to get myself some lessons at Tamworth early next year and hopefully progress to some decent tricks, currently limited to wake jumps and (sometimes) 180's....have just got hold of a decent wakeboard DVD that has some good tips on it too, but it came a bit too late in the season!....and we also need a bigger wake!!

Wakeskates look mental....i think I'll stick with the board for a few more years yet!

Its really bizarre, I can't wait for the summer to come again, but I can't wait for the snow to start falling too....I wonder how many places there are where you can do wakeboarding and snowboarding in the same day (without freezing to death)...Only Tamworth (in the summer) comes to mind!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joydivision, it's very physical because all the force is being directed straight through your body. Takes some serious training to get used to it but that’s why I like skiing, it’s a good start to my pre-season training. I'd recommend you get lessons sooner rather than later before you develop any bad habits. What kind of boat are you skiing behind? We ski behind a mastercraft X5 with perfect pass (life is soooo much easier). We also ballast with additional water tanks to create some monster wake!

Had any face plants yet? Damn they hurt!! Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tp023, point taken about lessons, its amazing what a few pointers can do...

Unfortunately, we can't afford a dedicated ski boat like the X5....we've got a 18' Regal sportboat with a 4.3 mercruiser, it does the job, but the wake starts to shrink when we crank up the speed. going to invest in a ballast sack next year as a mate of mine uses one on his maxum...he swears by it....

Perfect pass would be an awsome feature to have, but i wouldn't be able to blame the driver when i fall!!

yep, I've had one or two face plants....on water and on the snow!.....its suprising how hard the water is....i managed to knock my contact lenses into the back of my head and cut the inside of my mouth on one particuler faceplant!!...looked good on flim though! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If your ever in Orlando visiting Mickey and his mates and fancy something different

http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

Great fun, I have to say after an hour your arms tend to be another 3 inches longer Very Happy

I have never had the bottle to on the cable tow that has all the ramps and pipes in the lake, looks too much like hospital food wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy