Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Im off to chamonix in jan for the first time and have seen there are a few different lift passes, I was wondering if it is worth going for the full area pass (can remember the name)?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long are you going for and what standard are you at?

.... and welcome to Snowheads! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just off for the week and the standard would intermediate had around 6 weeks on the slopes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Assuming you'll be in a car I'd go for the full area pass (Chamski?). This'll let you sample the whole valley and I think it includes a day on the Italian side?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No car, just a package deal.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
b.dudman, new pass system for this year. Some controversy over the season pass part of it. Sadly, the CDMB site has now been down for about 24 hours so I can't quote you details.

If I get through, I'll throw in my penn'orth
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I understand it, there are two options ...

Chamonix le Pass - includes Le Tour, Brevent/Flegere, and Grands Montets apart from the top lift

Mont Blanc unlimited - includes the above, plus GM top lift, the Aiguille du Midi cable car/Montenvers railway, and Les Houches, plus also a day in Courmayeur (Italy).

The latter is considerably more expensive, but maybe worth it if you want to do Italy, the Vallee Blanche, or ski a lot on Grands Montets - "top tickets" for those on Chamonix le Pass are going up to 10€ each.

Depending on how long or often you're going maybe worth contacting the lift company asap, as season passes, and non-consecutive 10, 15 etc day passes are available at 30% discount until 27 November
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GeorgeM, I be;ieve you are quite correct although I thought season passes stopped being "cheap" Saturday last (18th)?

b.dudman, I wouldn't have thought you would (unless you are being particularly humble) need to worry too much about the top section of the Grands Montets. Or, at that time of year the Aiguille du Midi.

You might well want to have a day in Les Houches, particularly if the weather is bad, but I don't know the prices well enough to advise whether the "Le Pass" is worth getting and adding Les Houches by the day. I would have guessed so...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
6 day Cham Le Pass(Brevent/Flegere, Balme(Le Tour), Grand Montets, + the valley beginner areas) is 182Euros for Adults, 146E for kids, 455E for families.
6 day Mt.Blanc Pass(same + unlimited use of top lift at G.M.,Courmayeur, A.de M., Les Houches and the Montenvers train) is 220E/176E/550E.
If you follow David Murdoch's very sound advice, Les Houches costs 29.80E for an adult day; 27.20E from 11:00 or any 4 hours for 24.60E.
They also do 'Tribu' tickets for families of one, two or three kids under 11. Enjoy! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I believe the deadline for discounted season passes has been extended - that's what it said on the lift company website before it went down.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GeorgeM, It finished yesturday, so the guy told me at the Kiosk as i bought mine! The new pass system has more options than a P.C. flight simulator and is as easy to understand as your ski instructor. wink

I'd say if you were going to ski at Les Houches(sometimes the only option in bad weather) or on the Glaicers(Training and a good ability advised) then buy the 'Cham Unlimited pass not the Cham' Limited. There is the possibility to take either pass, year round, or just for the season and as you've been assured it can still be bought cheaply( i too have been told this by many, the date being the 27th Nov) i'd step on it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy