Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soldeu in march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have any idea what the snow is like here in mid march. I am taking my wife and 6 yr old boy to Soldeu to learn to ski and cannot go before the 11 march
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mattjd, welcome to sH's. I was in Soldeu around St Patrick's Day a few years back and the snow was very good.

No shortage of it and no rocks/grass showing through but the bottom of the home run was like mashed potato in the afternoon but even then there was plenty of skiing higher up and with the joint lift pass they now have you shouldn't have any problem in an average year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHead mattjd Very Happy

I wouldn't worry too much about the snow - there was plenty on the slopes at the beginning of the week in March 2004.
Mid-week Gray and I came down at the end of the day, went into a bar for a swift pint and came out to find this Shocked

It was a pint... not a half... wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I worked there, a couple of years ago, we had just about the best snow of the whole season in April - so I wouldn't worry
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been a few times in March, conditions can vary from spring snow to fresh powder but I've never been disappointed, they have terrain facing in all directions and there is usually good snow to be found. The only time I've been when the lift closed was in March (white out - circa 30cm fresh powder) - but the next day!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there last year last week in Feb/beginning of March. There was plenty of snow. Only a light dusting while I was there so the pistes were a bit crunchy first thing but on the day we left I was worried that we wouldn't make it back down the mountain in the bus because of the blizzard. Loads of snow the following week.

You will have a great time. Enjoy.

Stan
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mattjd, welcome to snowHead s.
Soldeu is a great resort to learn in, we have been there twice. The atmosphere in the village is very friendly and the ski school has a lot of English-speaking instructors.
It is also well-provided with snow cannon so cover is reliable.
Going in mid-March you have the advantage that the slopes should be reasonably quiet as there are no European school holidays at that point.

You should have a great time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy