Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Off to saalbach at the w/e and am a bit worried. I've never known it to rain when i've been at a resort (maybe i've had it good) Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone have an update on Kitzbuhel snow conditions? Going Sat 10th March.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Suz, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Kitzbuhel must have had quite a bit of snow as currently reporting 39 cms on the upper slopes http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/schneebericht.asp - it had got down to something like 23 cms last week. I think 39 cms is the most its been this season. If it stays like that it'll be great Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes Kitz has received 16cm new snow.

http://www.skiinfo.co.at/index.jsp?count=25
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mayrhofen has had 15cm today, forecast some more snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a friend in Scheffau (Skiwelt Soll etc) this week and he says it has snowed for 18 hours with more forecast. Excellent conditions he says. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
duncansarmy wrote:
Off to saalbach at the w/e and am a bit worried. I've never known it to rain when i've been at a resort (maybe i've had it good) Sad

Saalbach has had 10 - 30cm over the last few days. The place is looking much whiter. They have good snowgun-coverage, too, so you should be fine.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just spoken to my son in Zell am See. 15 cm of new snow on the Schmittenhohe today (90cm in total)
Very windy at the top. 5cm new snow in the town. more expected tonight.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zell am See.
Another 20 cm of new snow on the Schmittenhohe last night & still snowing.
The snow in the town has all melted .
Still very windy up the top. 70km/h early this morning.....now 30 km/h.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The montafon valley had 25 cm more snow last night, taking the depth at the top to over 100cm. Webcams are looking very nice at the mo! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks byron, appreciate the report..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back from Soll this pm.
Dumped on sunday night and all yesterday...looked like about 20cm maybe more (only about 5 at resort)
Great skiing yesterday!! snowHead
Monday night rain in resort but snow on the main slopes so even better than yesterday I imagine... wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ditto comments from Kruisler, but for Schladming Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking about Soll for week beginning 18th March.

Haven't booked yet - should I be leaving it until the week before to decide, or can I be pretty confident now that there will be sufficient snow? (doubtless a stupid question, but it's only my second week)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rpopo,

Well that's the eternal question...
I was in Soll for only 4 days, from Thursday night until yesterday morning...
Snow was bad on Friday, very bad on Saturday, absolutely terrible on Sunday...High temps were devastating, snow canon could not be used.
The latest snow dump changed all that but the issue remains with the temparature which refuses to come down... so it could all still go bad... Sad

My mate is repping there and say that providing the said temperatures don't go too high , the latest snow should see them through the next 2/3 weeks.

All this ( rolling eyes ) to say that snow is on an edge at the mo, it could go either way and I personally I would leave it with until the week before.

or go somewhere higher and the bet would be a lot safer! wink

ps:season in soll finishes on 31st march.
snow report
Anybody know the current (real) conditions in Bad Gastein?

Heading there on Tuesday... Very Happy

Cheers...
ski holidays
Zell am See........Windy here this morning (57km/h) . snowing heavy on the Schmittenhohe. Just started snowing in the town after earlier rain. looks like a bit of a white out today.
snow report
Anyone out in Salabach at the minute?
snow conditions
Vorarlberg region had 20-35 fresh snow by this morning. Some pistes are closed because of avalanche danger.
latest report
Just got back from a few days skiing in Kitzbuhel.
Luckily it had snowed heavily the day before we went on the 1st march. It also snowed whilst we were out there. Slopes up top were lovely. Lots of squeaky snow on perfectly covered pistes. No complaints! Conditions worsened the lower down the slopes you went though. They have managed to keep a few runs open down to the resort but they are very slushy and bare in places. Too much rain has fallen low down.
No queues for lifts, and uncrowded slopes too. I was impressed (and relieved!)
Best advice is to stay up high. Forecast looks like more snow this week, so hopefully it will continue to offer good skiing.
ski holidays
Returned from Nassfeld on 3 March. Conditions were fantastic for most of the week but after some really warm weather and rain from top to bottom, the entire mountain was slush when I left.
snow conditions
dingdong, check this thread:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21272

Speedster got back from Bad Gastein recently - maybe you can ask him.

Kersh
snow report
Just back from Ischgl today. There was snow and cold ish temps ( FL down to 1400/800 m) last week ,2 days of snow on wed/thur refreshed conditions nicely and up high around 15 - 30 cms of powder was readily available yesterday snowHead . Its snowed last night and continued to snow until we left at midday. So next week should be good skiing and suntan weather. It is pretty slush-puppy on the final few hundred metres back to town , and off -piste it can be thin - my skiis met some rocks a few times, but it was a great week Laughing
ski holidays
Returned from Obergurgl 10 Mar 07. Very good conditions after recent snow. Top Express was closed on Friday after gondola jammed (it was reported). Believed 50 or so people were trapped for varying periods up to 5 hours as they were removed by rescue gondola or helicopter! Lift remained out of action Saturday. Apparently there was some delay with helicopter due to accident in Solden.
snow conditions
lordjohn wrote:
Apparently there was some delay with helicopter due to accident in Solden.

A German woman died in avalanche skiing off-piste in Solden Friday afternoon. She was skiing with two other Germans in the side of the Gaislachkogel when they were hit by an avalanche. The other Germans managed to survive. The rescue team found the woman dead one hour after the accident 1.5 m deep in the snow.
snow conditions
Hi there heading out to Kaprun this weekend anyone know what the current conditions are like at the moment? Cheers Very Happy
snow report
off to mayrhofen on sat, conditions anyone?

thanks,
ski holidays
loffers, Me Too - Can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pete, loffres

Im going out again on the 24th, please provide snow/weather conditions report

cheers mongoose
ski holidays
Just got back from a weekend in the Gastein Valley.

It dumped all day Saturday (10/3/07) and the visibility on the top of the Bad Gastein Stuberknogel was poor..however.. behind the Stuberknogel the bowl down to the Jungerstube (B19) was filled with powder. Since we were some of the first up on the slopes that morning we pretty much had the place to ourselves till about 11.30 am. Even after 11.30 there was only about 30 people max on this area of Bad Gastein. Fresh tracks. Because we were in a protected area the visibility was fine. The tree lined motorway run (B11) down to Angertal after the midstation was fantastic and vacant. In the afternoon we decided to venture further afield from the Jungerstube and headed down the black (B20) to Angertal. B20 had suffered a bit as it is a fair bit lower down into the valley and had turned to brown slush. The leg burning blue B21 was in much better shape. From Angertal we took the Kaserebenbahn cabin up to the Schlossalm area and, because of the lower visibility decided not to go much higher into Schlossalm and headed back down the H32 (which was in great condition and had been groomed perfectly) then the leg burning H31 back down to Angertal. H31 was suffering alot and if you are heading up to the Gastien valley and want to ski back to Bad Gastein from Bad Hofgastein it is better to take the Kaserebenbahn back down to Angertal than to ski it. Once we had reached Angertal we were absolutely spent and it was 4pm, so after an 8.30am start with about 30 mins for lunch, we decided to catch the ski bus back to Bad Gastein and hit the saunas to recover at the Felsentherme.

Sunday was glorious. The sun was out and everyone was in a great mood. Again, we wanted to be some of the first up on the mountain so at 8.30 we found ourselves on the vacant B18 heading down via B17 to our favourite area around the Jungerstube. There were so few people on the piste's I was stunned. The B19 down to the Jungerstube had been groomed overnight and was running fast with a nice loosely packed top layer of corrugation. There was still plenty of heavy powder to be had slightly off piste. It got tracked out fairly quickly though. We decided to explore the Schlossalm which was in perfect condition. The Motorways (H1 and H2) down to the Schlossalmbahn midstation were superb. At times we felt as though we were the only people on the mountain. The runs below the midstation down to Bad Hofgastein were closed. The Schlossalm bowl was a more popular area, but I would hardly regard a relaxed 2 min lift queue to get back on the 6 seater Weitmoser - Sechsersesselbahn as being busy. We decided to ski back to the Bad Gastein telecabin in the afternoon, and by the time we had gotten back (after a few more runs down B19), it was time for a sauna and steam room at the Felsentherme before heading back to Stansted that evening.

Apart from a lack of visiblity on the first day we had a great time. The conditions above 1300m are excellent in the area.. and we are heading back for another weekend on the 30 March to 1 April. Have it.
snow report
Pete1909, been watching web cams last few days, looks ok up top not good lower down. Should get some good boarding / sking tho.
Weather is warmer this week but cooler again this weekend and some snow on forecast for sunday/monday. (Fingers crossed)

If worse comes to worse you'll find me in the pub! Little Angel

Where you flying too? Salzburg or Innsbruck?
snow report
mongoose, will report from mayrhofen on PDA if I have time, but will report when I get back.
cheers.
snow conditions
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=8

Looking better, fingers crossed! snowHead
snow report
chivdog, Wonderful news....off to the Gastein Valley on Saturday, roll on deserted slopes and lovely snow!!
ski holidays
yo loffers...

metcheck report looks good 17/24 have a good one, if you have not so already go to kaltenbach seems to be the best area in my opinon, good long runs etc,. Ill look out for ur posts

mongoose
snow report
I am off to Obergurgl on the 8th April. Anyone have any clue of the longer forecast for the region? I know I am just looking for affirmation, but hey, why not?
latest report
Good morning
Just woken up to this,

This is taken in the village (Muehlbach am Hochkoenig) at 900metres, so on the piste there will be lots more!! The piste are in the whiteout somewhere on the photo! Snow is forecast every day this week.

Deb
snow report
Just back from a morning skiing and all I can say is powder , powder, powder! Incredible conditions, at least half a metre of fresh snow and it's snowed continually all morning!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Deb
snow report
I'm dreaming of a white easter, just like the ones i used to know .......
snow conditions
djfletcher, looooking good
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy