Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
11/02/07 just started snowing again in the valley. I have a sick child and am sick myself so no going up the mountian to snowboard for me today!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A huge dump this morning! 6 hours so far of big flakes. Wonderfull! 25cms and rising (quickly). Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chris, is there any sign of the predicted rain? My family and I are off to Puy next week and are hoping what's there now won't get washed away.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnnyh, obviously not yet, as there is snow falling.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just checked the Metcheck report for Serre Che, and the predicited rain (at 1200m, i.e. Briancon) has all but disappeared from the forecast. Lots of black lines, meaning snow. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=37
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
25cm!!!! maybe up the mountain but at valley level its approx 6in. has rained a little bit to but its all clearing up.

i'm too sick to ride, for risk of an asthma attack on piste, done that before its not pleasant!

hopefully tomorrow i'll get up there!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel., this is the 2nd time you've questioned my estimated snowall amount. Do I have to go out into the garden and photo the 25 cms? Remember that I live at 1500m.Its still snowing here and I've just come back from Briancon where it is raining.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel., it doesn't take much of a change in altitude to increase the snowfall, and change the rain to snow. The ESF webcam in Monetier certainly shows snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris, no you dont but sometimes i think you over estimate quite a lot! And i dont do lying about the weather it benefits noone

yeh its just started chucking massive flakes down again! all good

i just wish i could go ride!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel., I don't think Chris lies about the weather either!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, Serre Chevalier dreadful snow drought to hit hard w/c March 3rd wink Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, so I've heard!! Particularly in Chantemerle.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Laughing
News travel's fast snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, it will recover for the 17th though.
wink
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, so you'll believe me if I tell you there has been another 1.5 metre's in the last 30 minutes? wink
ski holidays
chris, you can start pushing things a bit too far you know................ wink
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Helen Beaumont, Laughing
News travel's fast snowHead

I think the TO was ringing round and warning all those with vested interests in the area wink
snow report
Ray Zorro,particularly the bar owners wink
snow conditions
Just back from Monetier last night. Snowangel is right, Friday was a superb day. Great snow and great weather. We couldn't believe our eyes when we woke up on Friday morning and saw the brilliant blue skies - on Thursday, we couldn't even see the top of the first lift. When we left on Sunday morning, it was snowing again heavily which meant a bit of a hairy drive down over the Col. All in all a great week.
snow report
Soozy, glad to hear you had such a great time.
Very Happy
ski holidays
snowing big time again! which is good, seemed that everything along the valley floor got rained on Sad was a distinct line where the snow stopped and the trees were green. But now they are all white again! yipppeeee!!! Very Happy not that i can really see as its dark! lol
snow report
snowangel., brilliant.
ski holidays
BRING IT ON Smile getting very very excited Smile snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Avalanche explosions galore this morning!
snow conditions
chris, i have only one thing to say to you,......'whatever'

now back to business...

update 13/02/07

what an awesome day. started with bad vis and still snowing. ended as a bluebird day.

i could bore you with where i went and what i did but i wont! I will say that i managed to be the first person on la balm and had the most amazing tracks down the cucamel from it.

Unfortunatley i have broken myself, not litterally but i did a cartwheel using my head, clicked my neck smashed up my face and am now sitting at home unable to move much! Luckily i can still type. I made it back to the grotte (determind to carry on as i had the crash at 11 and didn't finish till 2.30!) then had to call a friend to come pick me up as the car was in chantermerle!

the lower pistes were a bit icy andn ot very nice but the rest was amazing. In the morning it wasn't even nessesary to ride off piste to get decent pow, my crash happend on the Eduite, but it didn't stop me for long! Off piste is very very good but the av rating is 4/5!

All in all a great day. Dont think i'll be working tomorrow let alone riding, cant move much at the mo and i'm expecting it to get worse in the morning! Still could be worse my mate is in Briancon hospital with 3 broken ribs and a chipped spine! OUCH!!!
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Helen Beaumont, Serre Chevalier dreadful snow drought to hit hard w/c March 3rd wink Laughing

Oooh I missed this one didn't I Twisted Evil
latest report
snowangel., Hope you're feeling a bit better now - try not to break too much, or you'll be copying Liam! rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, and we wonder where he gets it from rolling eyes have day off work tomorrow, thank god, so will rest up here on the balcon with a good book and try get rid of this goggle tan. I look rediculas! i have brown chin and cheeks and white forehead with a big gash out of my white nose! I hate so see the after affect tomorrow! Black eyes are such a bad look! rolling eyes
snow conditions
snowangel., Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
glad it sounds good out there people Smile 17 days and counting Smile
snow report
update 14/02/07 at 1.40pm

snowing nice big flakes and has been for about an hour. nice fluffy snow. They were avalanch blasting this morning.

I can move thankfully and had the day off work so managed to actually have a lie in!

Will be trying to ride for an hour tomorrow before going to turin. will report then but i can assume its beautiful up there
snow report
snowangel., no black eyes we trust? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Cotton wool all over the webcam again rolling eyes
ski holidays
frostynutz, no i've escaped but nice crusty scab on nose mind!!!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
snowangel., glad to hear it! Very Happy
latest report
still snowing snowHead Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Well there you go, it's still snowing now!

This has been a well reasonable day of snow, but I can't be @rsed to go outside at the moment and stick a ruler in the snow!
I'm quite happy watching 'The Brits' on the telly at the moment, thanks to my sky digibox from ebay.
Looking from my balcony (Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier 1350), the the RN91 is covered in snow, which is always a good sign.
snow report
Hi Rick, welcome to SnowHeads. A good sign indeed!!!
Very Happy
snow conditions
ricklomas, welcmbe to snowHead's. One of the rues of snowHead's is that you have to be arsed to go outside at any moment and stick a ruler in the snow. wink I'm glad you are getting decent snow further down the valley (you must be a good 1.5 miles from me!).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy