Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Turkey? anybody tried?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

has anybody ever tried skiing in Turkey? is it any good?
I expect the standard and quality of the slopes worse then in Alps but frankly I dont have a clue!

I might be going to Bursa region or sth.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi szy, I skied in Uludag (near Bursa), must have been about 15 years ago. Well I say skied, but because I was helping a friend to run a bar there and had not really skied before I didn't actually do very much. I was there for the Christmas/New Year period & I do remember there was stacks of snow - piled up on the branches of the trees, on the roads etc. The actual amount of skiing would have been quite limited as the pistes didn't cover a vast area. So I would say snow coverage would be good, infrastructure & extent probably not as good. Are you going to be in the area anyway? If so, I'd give it a go. Not worth going out there especially for it I'd have thought.

A few reviews from the net:
http://insurance.essentialtravel.co.uk/skiguide/turkey/uludag.htm
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Uludag.reviews.shtml
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not sure about resorts, but heli-skiing operations seem to be springing up there and a bloke i know loves it for touring
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers guys, I am still waiting for a confirmation from my mates (native Turkish) if they are good to go... and pick me up from the airport Madeye-Smiley
if it is a no go then I will definatelly go for Alps instead... (as you said Cathy its better value for money here than there)
I recon skiing in Turkey is like skiing in Poland - nice mountains, snow good enough but infrastructure and cueing up the problem!

I read couple of older post recently and I ll probably go for a last minute deal - 27th of Jan for a week somewhere...
It would be best if I get in touch with some group as I am single so far (if Turkey fails)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy