Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone going Andorra- pas in jan?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Possibly, got flights booked for the 22nd Jan....but my have to cancel due to work commitments... Sad ...or even better... i may cancel work due to snowboarding commitments! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lol yeah blow off work!
im looking at going 21st/22nd aswell so stay in touch let me know if you do get out?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah. Going with a group of 24 or so from the first w/end in Jan. staying at hotel Magic Pas - never been to Andorra before, but looking forward to it. Madeye-Smiley There's quite a favourable thread about the place on the Resorts forum.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really? ok I will check it out. Pas is great. good atmosphere. the slopes arent bad. a bit 2 "wide open" in a lot places for my liking but its a really good place. Its great as you get access to all 3 resorts in a row and and ski between them. its not quite vail but you will be hard pushed to ski every slope on the resort in a week.
i met some good friends there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I love the run over on Grau Roig side down by the frozen lake/ pond thing- beautiful!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, so theres a few of us going. Got a few mates already booked into the hotel Magic. they have stayed there before so there happy.
as my groups there will be between 6 and 10 people we were thing an apartment would be best?
found this place at about £205 per person

http://www.fasttrackski.co.uk/ski-deal/Andorra/Pas%20De%20La%20Casa/507021/40/summary/

anyone stayed there? any good? we are aged between 21 and 39. (with me being bang i nthe middle!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phil Jordan, Gotta agree with Neil, Pas is great, this'll be my 5th time....or is it 6th??...I can't remember.....too many free shots in the underground!.....there's plenty of skiing/boarding available and the apres ski is reasonably priced (but not as cheap as some people make out)...but who cares..

Neil, Not stayed there i'm afraid, but I've found most apartments in Andorra to be reasonable. Looks like there will be a few of us out there that week then....we have been the last week in Jan for the past few years and found the snow to be pretty good too...we've had a massive midweek dump for the past 2 years..

Nadenoodlee, frozen lake/pond? Puzzled ....where I've never seen it?....maybe its always covered in snow....but you're right, there are some excellent runs over the Grau Rouge side....and they tend to be a bit quieter too....i love that little cafe over that way....the one halfway down the long twisting green.....its such a sun trap....and the hot choc is soo thick...hmmmm....ahhh...i think I've just realised where the frozen lake is now!.... snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, current count of people wanting to come on this trip (that we are not currently meeting out there) is 11 people. Arranging this is goign to kill me!!! The stupid gf isnt helpin at all either Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 15-01-08 21:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
joydivision, Thats the one! See not everyone can be bothered to go over there, nightmare on a board, fine on skis! and usually quiet!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I liked it over that was aswell. Cant wait to get back over there.
I cant beleive how much hot cho i always drink when on a skiing trip. Its like 10 cups a day minimum!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee, haha I remember the first time i boarded down there....it was a nightmare...I couldn't stop looking at the rocks on one side and the steep drop on the other....i ended up scooting most of it....i love it now though..its great when you're able to keep your speed up...its just a pain when you get a group of skiers who stop on the flat bits for a chat....many a ski has been ridden over in the past few years...(not on purpose may i add Toofy Grin )

Neil, There nothing like a hot chocolate for an energy boost....I love it...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, joydivision,
Quote:

love the run over on Grau Roig side down by the frozen lake/ pond thing- beautiful!

Its been 13 years but does it have a little coffee stall/bar next to it. I recall sitting at a bench drinking alcoholic coffees with my instructor and two very attractive australian ladies. A fantastic spot. Cool

Oh s£$t here's the missus! Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
joydivision wrote:
Nadenoodlee, haha I remember the first time i boarded down there....it was a nightmare...I couldn't stop looking at the rocks on one side and the steep drop on the other....i ended up scooting most of it....i love it now though..its great when you're able to keep your speed up...its just a pain when you get a group of skiers who stop on the flat bits for a chat....many a ski has been ridden over in the past few years...(not on purpose may i add Toofy Grin )

Neil, There nothing like a hot chocolate for an energy boost....I love it...

No offence Joy but i normally find skiiers move off the slope/to the side to have a chat but its the boarders who are always in the way just sitting in the middle of the slope! its like they just sit where the drop! If your tired at least move over to the side of the slope?!!

Borders sitting where they drop is a pain as they drop so often lol Sorry to generlize i know im being a moany unfair git.

lol sorry r Mad RANT Mad over
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If i havent upset to many borders it would still be good to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Manzano Apartments in Pas. Does anyone know where in the town there are? I first thought it was one of the hotels down the side of the slope but now I think its more in town, possibly across the road from the slopes/chair lifts. Does anyone know for sure?

www.fasttrackski.co.uk/ski-deal/Andorra/Pas%20De%20La%20Casa/507021/40/summary/
latest report
Hi neil, i spent a week in them a year or two ago. They were clean and spacious. If the snow is good i think you can ski down to it, but we couldn't as it was the end of the season. Its about 100metres from memory from the main slope that the bars are all built around.
Theyre a wee bit of a drag to get to if you've been in the town as theyre at the top of the winding road running through pas, but so long as youre reasonably fit its not more than 5 - 10 mins to the very centre of things, the slopes being closer. My 75 year old granny had no trouble with the walk up from town.
should be fun Smile
snow report
element, I have no idea how you could ski down to those apartments. I stayed there 4/5 years ago and they were fine. Clean tidy and we had a lightbulb go in the bathroom and was fixed within 20mins! Only 10mins (25 if drunk) walk back from the pubs, but only 5mins max to the slopes- Cut down by the Olypiades Hotel/ apartments right onto the piste.
ski holidays
Thanks guys, its actually a building I had already heard about (but didnt know it was the same one....hope that makes sence)
Is the Olypiades fully booked for jan? I cant find it anyone on the websites. Think I will go ask the travel agent.

To ski down the slopes from the Manzano is it a red run? I would be fine with that but I am going to have people in my group who are total noobies.
snow report
Me and 4 other mates are heaing out to pas de la casa on jan 28th.
ski holidays
hey Neil, No offence taken...I can sit on my ar*s with the best of them!...but i tend to do it somewhere out of the way....but its does get to me when a group of 5 or 6 skiers stop side by side on the flatest part of a narrow track...if a boarder has to stop then its a lot of effort to have to unclip and scoot....

...but that said, us boarders aren't whiter than white!....I think sometimes some boarders and skiers are guilty of not giving the needs of the other party due consideration.....(thats me sitting on the fence!) snowHead

Back to the apartments....I can't think where the Manzano is....so I can't be any help there....but if you are thinking staying at the Olypiades, I've stayed there twice...so if you ned any info, let me know.
snow report
Joydivision,

After a bit of research I think the Manzano is slightly out of town and up the slope (or hill from intown.) I think its a pain to get to from what a few people have said.
I think I am going to book into the Olypiades as its close to town and couldnt get any closer to the slope unless you were sleeping on the actual snow!
I have been to pas before but never stayed at the Olypiades, so joy or anyone who has any advice or experiance you can provide I am more than welcome to receive it! (whats with my tendancy to waffle on today?!)

+ I dont really hate snowborders. A few of my best mates are borders and a guy we meet in pas last year is a border. were meeting up again this year as we got on so well (my mates and I moved our holkiday a whole month and half so we could meet up! So im not really that anti border lol. Its just me and my mates always give each other stick, its hard to stop!

Edited:
Actually dont worry. just spoken to the travel agent and the Olypiades isnt avalible untill mid feb. we need to go jan 21st because were meeting people out there But if theres anywhere else that would be cheap for a part of somewhere between 8 and 12 people to stay let me know! cheers
ski holidays
Neil, send an email to Geraldine at immodelpas@andorra.ad I've booked through them at the Grizzli apartments right next to the lifts about half way up the Avenue D'Encamp. We are paying 500 Eur for a big apartment (for 4).

The position of the Grizzli apartments is ideal. It's literally across the road from the lift pass office and is almost ski in/out. You just go across the road each way.
All the shops and bars/restaurants are right outside the door.

I'm there at the end of (Jan 27th-3rd Feb)

By the way book your skis at Ski Evasio. Go via www.snowrental.net You'll get a good deal and the shop is 50m from Grizzli (up the hill)

Any more queries just ask.
snow conditions
Neil, Lake Placid apartments are right on the piste too and easy enough for nightlife- just google and the agent will show up.
ski holidays
cheers gents.......edit: sorry ladies aswell
Michael I will let the people whom are renting equipment know that that place is recommended.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 21-11-06 22:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Neil, Im a girl stupid
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, funny, I always had you down as a lady – though with the proliferation of Little Britain characters and catch phrases, that’s probably not much of a complement Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Neil, I'd second Nadenoodlee's recommendation of the Lake Placid Apts...they are pretty basic, but cheap, spacious and in an excellent location...about 30m from the slopes and not much further way from the Underground!....we stayed there last year and we're going to try and get in there this year too.

We have aslo stayed at the Fontero Blanco Apts(or something like that )...they were cheap and cheerful, located on the opposite side of the slopes...i think we managed to get 7 of us in one room..
snow conditions
Incidently, I both ski and board and will sit down wherever I bloody well like.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry Nadenoodlee, wrote the message in a hurry Embarassed

The immodelpas@andorra.ad was no good. I emailed and they changed my dates, quoted and over charged price and dont even surply towels or sheets. So their out.

the panorama mag I read had the lake placid place as a little pricey but as there is a few of us we might be able to get the price down more. sounds well located. My other mates are staying in the hotel magic.

sorry again Nadenoodlee, you really plonke ur back bottom down in the middle of the slopes and sod everyone else? that really make me Mad when people do that. its just not curtious to others
snow report
Sometimes I lay out a little pic nic and invite the other sitdowners to join me, its quite the event!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Is that why snowboarders wear baggy clothing, to put all the contents of a picnic inside?
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, I know what I'd rather wear and it isn't http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/graphics/2006/11/22/ask.jpg

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 23-11-06 16:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
FenlandSkier, Could well be, although Ive yet to find a coat with a specific "snack" pocket. My new one ( thanks mum) has all the MP3 hook up malarkey but no Kit Kat pocket!

I take my picnic in a hamper strapped to a northerner.
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Smokin Joe, Its all right, shes one of my best friends.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Swirly that one scary picture! You couldnt ever say you didnt see her coming!

Nadenoodlee, I will look for your pic nik out on the slopes. there had better be jaffa cakes!

I used 2 put my kit kat or similar chocy snack in my salopettes but they soon seem to get crushed somehow?!

Plus it turns to solid brick like choclote in the cold. almost broke my teeth last time when i was hungry and thought id take a big bite out of my double decker bar Sad
snow report
Neil, I put vodka in my Ribena, then in my camelbak to stop it freezing. Maybe you should make some kind of vodka kit kat?
snow conditions
Vodka & Ribena!!! I bet you're a great nanny wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy