Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ALPS SET FOR FIRST REAL SNOW?

Poster: A snowHead
Snow forecast are predicting between 30 and 65 cm of snow for the next5 days across much of the alps. Zermatt looks set for 60cm plus- any agreeance on the models to back this up?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about France, more specifically Portes du Soleil?

Fingers crossed because at the moment I'm seeing more snow in Scotland than there! Shocked wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Alps are too warm right now. I suspect we are going to see rain in most places. Some higher spots above 2500m might see some tasty dumps, though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, Not just yet i feel for the pds except on the very tops but i dont think itll be long.Whitegold, definatley Razz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HARRYMAC2702, are you a "Sun" journalist?

"NO SNOW IN THE ALPES, SEASON SNO-VER BEFORE IT BEGINS"

It's only November 16th...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, eh Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's scheduled to be about +18C here today! No prospect of snow for the the next few days. But like David Murdoch, says, it's early days yet.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
HARRYMAC2702, the Austrian alps have already had some real snow wink

French and SW Switzerland, I'd say 20cm or so above 2000m tomorrow evening into Saturday, probably some more on Monday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, Thanks are the gfs runs looking postive Puzzled Blush
snow report
 brian
brian
Sure are wink

This is a wee bit further South than Tignes, near L2A and ADH.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, Looks like the pork belly and frozen consentrated orange juice, futures look grim. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's coming,...2 or 3 feet of snow in Oissans above 1700-1900m
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Do you fancy Trading Places?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Floppy the Snotman, Not unless you want to expierence my, QUARTER BLOOD TECHNIQUE. Toofy Grin

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 16-11-06 14:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not cold enough , sorry

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast.html

Most of the early snow in Austria has melted.

In the East http://www.saalbach.at/default.php?id=94&L=0
I the West http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/de/_season/at2/_area/581369/_subArea/512342/_camID/1/_inc/live-camera/index.html
snow report
 brian
brian
stanton, cold enough if you go high enough, I reckon a snowline about 2000m, we'll see on Saturday when easiski posts the pics ! wink
latest report
 brian
brian
SMALLZOOKEEPER, buy, buy, buy wink
snow conditions
brian, Looks like you like graphs, would you like to swap something against my Etch-a-Sketch, it's great for a spot of impromptue graph making? Toofy Grin
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Looks like the pork belly

You musn't talk about the 'Lardy ones' like that wink Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
SMALLZOOKEEPER, can I borrow it and then buy one off e-bay ? Little Angel
snow report
brian, dont suppose you could get the graph for tignes. Iv tried but i cant get anywher. Puzzled Smile
ski holidays
brian, You're not entering in to the spirit of SWAP SHOP there are you CHEGGERS?
snow report
 brian
brian
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ok, you can have my action man, I warn you though, he's got funny shaped feet ...
ski holidays
brian, Laughing
EAGLE EYES?
snow report
 brian
brian
Oh yes .... and gripping hands Toofy Grin
snow conditions
brian, I've got a Six-Million Dollar Man with Rocket/Operation Lab if you fancy!
latest report
Sorry this thread was about the weather, i'll go back to my POSH PAWS thread and see if anyone wants my 'Buck-a-roo'.
snow report
brian, would i be right in reading from this graph that is gonna snow a wee bit in the week im away 19-26?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Not cold enough , sorry

Yes I think you are right, it may snow 10-20cm down to 2500 m on Friday Night / Saturday but then this dreadful foehn restarts (there is an incredible gale that has been blowing hot air from Africa outhside for the last 24 hours). Any snowfall will melt below 3000 m.
snow report
davidof,

Yes, precisely what the swiss weather service says. Freezing level above 3000 M . The seasonal temperature is 23C above nomal at this altituude.
snow conditions
There's been a little bit overnight in Cervinia, but not enough yet to get some decent sport in.

ski holidays
not much happening in Tignes, although it looks like maybe it is snowing a little?

ski holidays
Have a look at the synoptic charts on www.metcheck.com They're looking much better for next week as the Azores high is deflectiing the Low pressure systems down from the North (cold) rather than allowing them up from the South (warm).

Going to Courchevel 1650 on 17 Dec so hopefully Toofy Grin

Graham

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 17-11-06 11:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 brian
brian
snowhound, welcome again. Delete your post in the other thread and make me look (as) stupid (as usual) would you ? Laughing
ski holidays
kitenski, SNOW FORECAST are giving 28cm for 3550 at tignes by tomorrow morning. Fingers rossed eh Razz Razz
ski holidays
Hope so Harrymac, i am heading out to Les Arcs on 1st Dec with intention of heading to Tignes for some boarding, getting a bit worried about the snow and thinking about taking my mountain bike !!
snow conditions
rayscoops, I think youl be ok but for me im sweating like a good un!! Still you cant beat a bit of mountain biking on the white stuff Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A dusting of snow down to about 2,100m last night. At the moment the temp is still a bit warm, and I should think the snow/rain level will rise to about 2,400 or 2,600m during the day. However it's very low cloud, drizzling in town and suitably murky! Very Happy When Luca comes back next week I'm going to see if I can get a lift on his motorbike up the mountain a bit to see how much snow is hiding out of sight! snowHead
snow report
HARRYMAC2702 wrote:
kitenski, SNOW FORECAST are giving 28cm for 3550 at tignes by tomorrow morning. Fingers rossed eh Razz Razz

aye, fingers crossed for you!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got everything crossed! snowHead Tignes on 2 Dec for me

Welcome to snowHeads snowhound, and I hope you're right! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy