Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gear at Lidl (uk)

Poster: A snowHead
Ski gear at Lidl in the UK from 23/11/06

Ski boot bags and ski bags from £3.99
Gloves thermals goggles etc etc Kid's gear as well.

Check out what they have got here
Edit:
Be aware not all items are in all stores!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 16-11-06 19:18; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ber-limey, it's cheap. I suppose that the kids' helmets are adequate (that is, as good at what they'll nbe likely to get from a hire shop).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond wrote:
Ber-limey, it's cheap. I suppose that the kids' helmets are adequate (that is, as good at what they'll nbe likely to get from a hire shop).

They've all got to meet the EU regs...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond, Thats flagged up an interesting fact, these offers are regional, no Hampshire or Wiltshire stores are getting helmets but Kent stores are Question
I wonder if Lidl have some info on where skiers live in the UK?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They seem to be running the offers a week earlier in Ireland, clicky.

I'll try not to buy everything up before the stock gets to the rest of you. Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In Holland from the 20th:

http://www.lidl.nl/nl/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20061120.index
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhillipStanton wrote:
richmond wrote:

They've all got to meet the EU regs...

That's what I thought. Might have to head for the wilds of West Ealing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool, thanks for the heads up on this - guess where I'll be going on the 23rd Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.lidl.co.uk for those that want sneaky peeky.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There ar esignicant proice difference between UK, Holland and Ireland (if anyone cares).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you so much for this link - looks like my local will be stocking the essentials.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also probably worth keeping an eye on www.aldi.co.uk they do similar things as well, there's usually a ski week at some stage during the early season.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have bought some stuff from Lidl before and thought it to be rubbish Confused . I wouldn't buy anything from there again.

£5.99 for goggles sounds cheap, but I bet they are single lens and fog up easily. Then after trying them out, they'll be thrown in the bin and you'll have to get a proper pair. Don't get carried away I'd suggest, ultimately you get what you pay for.

boredsurfin, Camberley will have helmets if you are looking for some.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro wrote:
I have bought some stuff from Lidl before and thought it to be rubbish Confused . I wouldn't buy anything from there again.

£5.99 for goggles sounds cheap, but I bet they are single lens and fog up easily. Then after trying them out, they'll be thrown in the bin and you'll have to get a proper pair. Don't get carried away I'd suggest, ultimately you get what you pay for.

boredsurfin, Camberley will have helmets if you are looking for some.

Ah but my £10 double screen Tchibo gold lens outperfomed my Smiths last season so they are goggle of choice for me now!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, you are absolutely right. If the Lidl goggles are double lens, I will buy some for the whole family at that price. If they are single lens, they are probably worth avoiding (IMHO as I find they steam up too easily).
latest report
Ray Zorro, Agreed, and it doesn't say they're double lens.

fatbob, Bargain Very Happy , quite handy if you want more than one pair, for different light conditions.
ski holidays
I may just have had a bad experience, but the boots that I bought for the zits for walking in the snow appeared fantastic value from Lidl. They fell apart very easily and were a waste of money. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has bought anything from them and found that it has been a good quality product.

In my (limited) experience, there is a difference between TKMaxx that sells brand names at discounted prices and Lidl that sells cheap goods. But I would love to be proved wrong as I do like a bargain and would like a good reason to go back there again.

From the little I have seen, I wouldn't put Tchibo in the same bracket as Lidl and I would have no qualms about buying from them... Or does anyone know different?
ski holidays
A liitle bump of the thread to remind you Lidl have the ski gear in stock tomorrow Thursday 23rd (UK shops)
ski holidays
boredsurfin, off to get some champers for Christmas so I'll check it out.
snow report
fatbob, Ray Zorro, IncogSkiSno,

Have been to Lidl's for you wink to check the goggles and I can report that they are double lenses Toofy Grin
snow report
fatbob, I have a pair of those £10 Tchibo goggles too....they're great...better than some others I've had in the past for 6 times the price...only issue is some of the foam isn't attached very well but that's easily fixed.
snow report
boredsurfin, thanks Very Happy - did they look any good - I may get some for the family. I bought some for 2 of the kids only a month ago, so may regret doing that. Colour of the frames are most important though wink
latest report
Ray Zorro,
Quote:

Colour of the frames are most important though

Oh yes! The kids ones are in blue or red, there are some other colours in the Adults. They are made in Germany and conform to TUV/GS standards and are ce marked.
Lenses are blue or orange.
ski holidays
Stocking ski gear in the Gravesend branch of Lidls too so presumably throughout Kent.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
fatbob, Ray Zorro, IncogSkiSno,

Have been to Lidl's for you wink to check the goggles and I can report that they are double lenses Toofy Grin

Hi,

I had a look at them this morning, and the ones I checked out were single lense.

Bought one of the adult helmets - try them on first though as the sizing is a bit out, and it comes with the proper CE EN1007 rating. Also bought some of the baselayer tops, ski boot bag and ski bag. Stayed clear of the googles and gloves. "Savings" will now allow me to buy some new Gortex gloves and Bolle googles.

Cheers

Rik
snow report
rikochet, I have bought a kids pair and they are double lens and clearly states on the box inner aceytate lens outer polycarbonate lens, perhaps Lidl have different types of stock for different parts of the country.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
rikochet, I have bought a kids pair and they are double lens and clearly states on the box inner aceytate lens outer polycarbonate lens, perhaps Lidl have different types of stock for different parts of the country.

I think you are probably correct. There seemed to be a mix of styles etc.

Also, just checked the helmet again and I didn't notice that the ear covers are detachable, which is a bonus.

Rik
latest report
The goggles are pretty good for 9 euros in my local store, they sold 100 pairs in 5 hours. They had blue and orange screen googles, they fit well, the blue (sunny conditions) are in a natty clear plastic. They are double lens and seem to work fine.

The helmets look pretty good. I found the sizing pretty accurate - much the same as the motorcycle helmets I've bought over the years. Again they sold a lot of their stock today in my store. The helmets seem comfortable and correspond to the EU B standard - I know they were revising the EU helmet standard this year so I wonder what this means? A helmet expert told me that the old EU standard was not adequate for skiing type accidents and possibly caused more injuries than it saves.

The gloves are not wonderful.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I managed to get boot bag, thermal long johns and vests (the ones with the microfleece inserts) and socks. Plus a pair of the sunglasses with interchangeable lenses because, what the hell, for £2.49, if I only get to wear them once, sitting in a mountain restaurant, I'm happy with that (just don't anyone look too closely for any sign of a designer label!) My branch was out of goggles by the time I got there, didn't appear to have had any helmets in anyway, and I got Gore-tex gloves worth £60 free with my ski jacket when they were doing a half-term promo at Cheshire Oaks, so didn't need those anyway.

So I only need goggles and helmet and I'm sorted. I'll be easy to please at Christmas Smile

So thanks, boredsurfin, for the original post.
snow conditions
clara_jo,
Quote:

So thanks, boredsurfin, for the original post.

My pleasure Very Happy
ski holidays
Yup, thanks boredsurfin for the heads up on this.

I managed to get a boot bag for my daughter (she's been using my old one that's now dropping to pieces), a couple of kids tops and gloves for her and various themals for me. They'd sold out of goggles by the time I git there this afternoon, I tried two stores, and I don't think they had any helmets in the first place. The stuff seems okay and really you can't go wrong with thermals and kids stuff because they grow out of them quite quickly. I guess it'll be Aldi next but in the meantime TKMaxx should fill some gaps Very Happy
ski holidays
Camberley are out of stock of most things now (and no plans to re-stock).

They still have some XXL and XL thermals and a few hats but that is about it.

I understand that the goggles went in the first 2 hours.
snow report
Ray Zorro wrote:
Camberley are out of stock of most things now (and no plans to re-stock).

They still have some XXL and XL thermals and a few hats but that is about it.

I understand that the goggles went in the first 2 hours.

How else do the army keep the desert sand out of their eyes?
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, that doesn't surprise me, I had to go to a couple of Lidl stores to find most of what I wanted and they'd both sold out of goggles and sunglasses. If you have any other stores in your area it might be worth trying them too but the way things were selling yesterday I wouldn't hold out much hope now I'm afraid.

fatbob, very funny Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Rikochet, Glad you mentioned this - "and it comes with the proper CE EN1007 rating". This was what my bargin new helmets came with off ebay and I was hoping that it was still a current standard. I once bought cheap horse riding helmets that we rapidly obsolete because the standard had just changed and I didn't realise.

P.S. When you quote your various user names/'handles' to each other, how do you get them to show in Bold text. I can't get a CNTRL/B to work?
snow conditions
Megamum, click on the name. Little Angel
snow report
Got myself a boot bag for 3.99 on Friday. It seems fine. Why pay more?

snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Bish, but did you notice the ski bags were all 210, who has ski's that length now Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Chris Bish, but did you notice the ski bags were all 210, who has ski's that length now Laughing

Herman Maier (and maybe Herman Tryer)? wink

ps. My local Somerfield still had some of the Tchibo goggles in stock on Friday pm, I'll swing by tomorow AM and if they're still there I'll buy them for anyone who's interested . . . they have a mid-amber lens (double) and are as good as pretty much anything 5x the price.
snow conditions
Masque, cheers, I may well be interested if they did smaller ones for teenagers/small ladies (kids would be OK). Zit 1 would be fussy on colour and it would have to blend with a pale blue jacket... kids rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy