Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too Warm even for Articficial snow (Bad News)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This report here in Switzerland today fromm MeteoSchweiz ( (In German)

http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/17877449

Basically saying the start of season is one week away but it is far to warm to produce artificial snow. Locally some places will be 23C and freezing point will be above 3000M 0C- Permafrost soil will begin to break down.
Also there is no end in sight for a cooling down period.
Novemebr & December have been bad months the last years & the tourist sector must focus on alternatives like Wellness & if the trend will continue many areas will now open after Xmas.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, that's put a damper of things hasn't it! Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A radio station was interviewing Austrian people in Vienna yesterday. All those interviewed were happy that the weather was mild. If they had of interviewed me, I doubt they would of broadcast it Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you had to live in a City that is very cold, wet & dark all winter then you would be happy if it stayed warm.
Here in Bern, December, January & February you hardly ever see the sky just cloud .
Just look at the Scandinavians they head in the thousands to there second homes in the Canaries or Thailand Very Happy

Winter Sports is on the decline amougst the Swiss so there not that intrested in cold temps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a really strong gut feeling that we are going to see a good dump of the white stuff all over the alps (especially Sestriere) around the 15th December and then on into the xmas and new year period. I also predict another really awesome end of January snow pack and powder conditions.

Here's to hope! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hornster, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowHead I'll be happy to see that!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Winter Sports is on the decline amougst the Swiss so there not that intrested in cold temps.

More space on the slopes then Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Loads of precipitation now being forecast. Pray for a drop in the temperatures.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hellishly windy round here and very cloudy this pm - looks like a big storm coming, but unfortunately we really need a 5-10 deg drop. However it would be nice if we had snow from the middle up. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Floppy the Snotman, semi good news then
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy