Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I don't ski, but I know friends who do, and they hate it!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings everybody Smile 1st time threader to your site.
Does that line sound familiar to any of you guys? Because a non skier has no way of grasping the concept of becoming a skier, he/she fails to see that you know that he/she is telling porkies and that he/she is green with envy in making such a self damning statement.
None of my colleagues or acquaintences ski, but often in a conversation, the subject of holidays crop up and I sit back in silence and watch them attempt to outdo each other with their respective summer destinations. When eventually they turn to me and ask me if I will be going away this summer? I cooly reply; "Oh, I tend to use most of my Annual Leave in the winter months so I can participate in the winter sports..
Don't you just love it.. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, Columbo, here's your star prize for tonight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks to you too, david.. I'm overwhelmed by the hospitality of your fellow snowheads..?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome, Columbo (oh, and welcome to EpicSki as well Smile )
A few years back I was one of those "I don't want to ski" people, then one of my friends convinced me to try it once. (admittedly this was in the days when I used to drink a lot, and we agreed it after a few jars)
All you have to do is get them going once, to a good resort, and the rest will follow...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankyou too, Wear The Fox Hat. It was your reference to Snowheads at EpicSki in reply to a Grass Ski query that prompted me to jump to Snowheads.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A belated welcome, Columbo, snowHead

I consider myself the odd bod of my family, I'm the only skier, my mum, dad and sister love their hols in the sun, I do have three cousins that have been skiing but only one goes every year like me.

Its the same at work, but this is an advantage as I have free pick of all the winter weeks snowHead, my workmates on the other hand are all fighting over the best summer weeks! Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Again another welcome, Columbo.

I had been the lone skier in our group of friends. I would go either by myself or with another lad from the UK. One friend asked me if I was going the next year and she said count me in, so did another 5 at the party that night.

We got a group together at a party 8 years ago after a few drinks and that was the genesis of an anual pilgrimage to the slopes of about 20 persons.

Every year more come, some drop out, babys,weddings,etc. Everyone wants to go back some may not be skiers but enjoy the craic Smile

My advice to you is to go with a group of friends possibly to an Austrian, Italien or Andoran resort and you will be hooked. Personally I prefer the skiing in France but for a beginner where nightlife is essential there would only be a couple of options in France.

Good luck and ask the boss for one of those free winter week holidays.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for that guys Very Happy. Now that I discovered snowhead & epicski, I no longer need to be a lonely skier anymore.. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No, Columbo, but you can read the book.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Columbo, If you can't find any friends to ski with then you could go on a chalet holiday where you'd meet other people in the chalet. Not one of the big chalet hotels I mean, but a 12-20 person one. It's a good way for a new skier to meet (potential) ski-ing friends.

Here in LDA we have a great night life, so we must be one of the optionsRoy Hockley, mentioned! We also have great nursery slopes and guaranteed ski-ing from December to May (to say nothing of the summer ski-ing), but beware of buying your lessons (essential) from the Tour Operator as they use whoever gives them the best discount, and not whoever is the best!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy