Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Solden for early March 2007 with 10 friends, and we are looking for some accommodation; I don't have any set ideas - could be a cheapish hotel, guesthouse or large self-catering flat / house. If anyone has any ideas or experience, I would be very grateful to hear.

Budget is fairly flexible, but somewhere in the region of €40-80 ppn.

Thank you in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not been with such a large group before but I don't think you should have any problems. Hope I'm not stating the obvious but check out their website www.soelden.com it has a very easy to navigate room or apartment search function. Bear in mind that Solden is quite a long but thin valley town and there are two access points for the skiing up top. If being near to the lifts is important to you then you should check the location against the resort map (each hotel/apartment provides a map reference when you access their info). having said that in the past we've just left our kit at one of the big inter-sports at the bottom of the lift which costs a few euros a day.

If you are not that bothered by being close to the apres action then you might want to consider this: www.almhuette.net Its both a hotel and a group of chalets halfway up the mountain (about 2000m).

If you want to find out anything else then just say, I've been a few times before and am going again this Christmas Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chillypepps, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've passed through Soelden on the way to Obergurgl, but that's the limit of my experience!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both!

Some of the party will be complete beginners - I've been told that its best to be nearer the Gaislachkogl end rather than the Giggijock end, for easy access to the nursery slopes. We're also keen on lots of apres ski. Does this mean that it would be best to be as close to the Gaislachkogl lift as possible?

Thanks again
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tricky question. if they are absolute beginners then you better off being slightly nearer to the gaislachkogl than the Giggihofbahn as the nursery slopes are in between but nearer the gaislachkogl. However after a couple of days (hopefully!) they'll have graduated from the nursery slopes to the blues slopes on the giggihof (the Gaislackkogl is almost all long reds).

i think the answer therfore is to get something right between the two lifts - this'll mean you'll also be well place for the apres-ski (btw the bottom of the Giggihofbahn is also a bit busier apres-ski wise as the vast majority of those visiting the glacier will come back around here - either on the gondola or slopes).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy